sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Upholstered furniture

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    328 Posts 54 Posters 238.6k Views 54 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • majidM
      majid
      last edited by

      OMG, these are a m azing. mate!

      My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • alvisA
        alvis
        last edited by

        @majid said:

        OMG, these are a m azing. mate!

        Thanks Majid πŸ˜›

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Mike AmosM
          Mike Amos
          last edited by

          I cannot quite get the hang of those but you seriously rock dood.

          Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • romboutR
            rombout
            last edited by

            Since when is su capable of using quads so easy. Models look really great! A lot of plugin most be involved.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • olisheaO
              olishea
              last edited by

              look at the creases!! look at the creases!! totally photoreal if you ask me! wow, again.

              oli

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • HieruH
                Hieru
                last edited by

                @olishea said:

                look at the creases!! look at the creases!! totally photoreal if you ask me! wow, again.

                I keep meaning to ask about the creases.

                Since I can't see any evidence of them in the proxies, am I right in thinking that they are sculpted after subdivision?

                www.davidhier.co.uk

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • olisheaO
                  olishea
                  last edited by

                  I believe he subdivides and then tweaks some creases after for added realism. Totally looks like the seam is pinching the material, great stuff!!

                  oli

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • HieruH
                    Hieru
                    last edited by

                    That's what I thought, but wondered if Alvis might also use a randomise tin plugin.

                    www.davidhier.co.uk

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • alvisA
                      alvis
                      last edited by

                      @hieru said:

                      That's what I thought, but wondered if Alvis might also use a randomise tin plugin.

                      @olishea said:

                      I believe he subdivides and then tweaks some creases after for added realism. Totally looks like the seam is pinching the material, great stuff!!

                      Many thanks for comments. he he guys ... . You are almost right. But after the division, I perform only minor corrections. Everything is done before the division. You know how hard it is to controlling the models with many polygons. I bow my head and I say a big thank you to all authors of plugins. But is not enough to have good tools.
                      As Cotty said, we all have a main plugin - The Brain.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • HieruH
                        Hieru
                        last edited by

                        That makes your modelling even more impressive Alvis. Is there any chance you could share some of your workflow for adding creases and imperfections?

                        It's the one area of furniture modelling that I'm still struggling with and I usually resort to adjusting the mesh after subdivision, which isn't ideal.

                        www.davidhier.co.uk

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • marked001M
                          marked001
                          last edited by

                          wow.. i haven't tuned into this thread since the introduction of your process....which is totally impressive. amazing stuff as usual.. thanks for sharing.

                          http://www.revision21vis.com

                          instagram: revi21on

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • P
                            pinoy
                            last edited by

                            Amazing work! Thanks for sharing really an eye opener. Cheers

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • Bryan KB
                              Bryan K
                              last edited by

                              You show us how to do it, but I still can't do this yet.

                              But a great big "thanks" for showing us!

                              Astounding work. πŸ‘

                              See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • alvisA
                                alvis
                                last edited by

                                Thanks Bryan.
                                Free model - Enzo sofa
                                https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/embed.html?mid=u54d18adb-7f64-4e53-b935-a6ed90b1feab%26amp;width=400%26amp;height=300%26quot;%20frameborder=%26quot;0%26quot;%20scrolling=%26quot;no%26quot;%20marginheight=%26quot;0%26quot;%20marginwidth=%26quot;0%26quot;%20width=%26quot;400%26quot;%20height=%26quot;300%26quot;%20allowfullscreen%26gt;


                                enzo1.jpg

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • pbacotP
                                  pbacot
                                  last edited by

                                  So fantastic, and you're sharing it to boot!. I will be checking it out to get a feel for how real modeling is done... Thanks Alvis! Peter

                                  MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • C
                                    cuttingedge
                                    last edited by

                                    Alvis, I agree, it gets better and better. You transcended SU's limitations in organic modelling. I wanna be like you when I grow up!

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • alvisA
                                      alvis
                                      last edited by

                                      Many thanks for the kind words, guys ! πŸ˜‰
                                      New model


                                      slide_39_1024x562.jpg

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • cottyC
                                        cotty
                                        last edited by

                                        Nice models and scene!

                                        my SketchUp gallery

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • alvisA
                                          alvis
                                          last edited by

                                          Next workflow


                                          1Capture.JPG


                                          2Capture.JPG


                                          3Capture.JPG


                                          4Capture.JPG


                                          5Capture.JPG


                                          6Capture.JPG


                                          chester.jpg


                                          Capture.JPG


                                          Capture2.JPG


                                          TUFTAS MOCCA-Scene 4.png

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • cottyC
                                            cotty
                                            last edited by

                                            πŸ‘

                                            my SketchUp gallery

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 13
                                            • 14
                                            • 15
                                            • 16
                                            • 17
                                            • 16 / 17
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement