sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    SU Podium bug?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    15 Posts 6 Posters 2.7k Views 6 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • olisheaO
      olishea
      last edited by

      Quote from download page:

      @unknownuser said:

      You must remove SU Podium V2 or V2 Plus Beta before installing SU Podium V2 Plus. Mac users please read here on how to remove SU Podium V2.

      Website Unavailable

      favicon

      (www.suplugins.com)

      If that fails, please post a screengrab of your plugins. It will get sorted out don't worry. πŸ‘

      It could be you have V2 and V2 Plus running at the same time.

      oli

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • B
        bowesy
        last edited by

        Yep, I removed V2 first before upgrading. Am trying to finish a drawing at the moment so will see if I have to force quit later. Cheers.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • B
          bowesy
          last edited by

          Hmmm, this time it crashed but that was because I used the revert facility. This is a separate problem which has been happening for a while but it all feels a little fragile!!

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • olisheaO
            olishea
            last edited by

            I'll ask Davor to lend a hand, he'll know more about it than I do.

            oli

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • D
              DavorP
              last edited by

              Thanks Oli for notifying me about this. Unfortunatley, even though part of my work is support for Podium, it is only for Windows. For Mac, I will let Nick know about this, he might be of better help then me.

              Davor

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • N
                Nick275308
                last edited by

                Hi there,

                I'd very like to know if Podium is really the issue here. Like OLi said, plugin conflicts happens. So the 2 fist things to try would be; move all non Cadalog related plugins to a temporary folder, and see if Podium alone in there still cause the crash. Then if it does remove completely Podium see if it still crashes.

                If then, everything works as expected make sure you trashed everything related to Podium, make a fresh Podium install (again) to be sure please download from the site.

                Thank you!
                P.S in case I forget to check back here, please email SU Podium support.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • A
                  allmanbro
                  last edited by

                  Sorry for the problems you are having.
                  Here's a quick way to remove SU Podium V2 or V2 Plus
                  Download the uninstall program here - http://www.suplugins.com/help2/mac-uninstall.php
                  We only have this because Maverick tends to hide system folder and files.
                  If you want to remove Podium manually. It's located here:
                  Macintosh HD\Library\Application Support\SketchUp 2014\SketchUp\Plugins
                  The file you want to remove is SU_Podium_V2.rbs and remove the SU_Podium_V2 folder.
                  There is an issue with not being able to close SketchUp 2013 and 2014 with Podium. This happens to me of and on with Maverick and Mt Lion. I have to use Force Quit. I don't know why this is occurring. We are still trying to figure this out. I hope use Force Quit is not too much of a pain.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • A
                    allmanbro
                    last edited by

                    To remove Podium from the Mac - use the Mac uninstall that we wrote.
                    http://www.suplugins.com/help2/mac-uninstall.php

                    But if you want to remove it manually, it's located here:
                    acintosh HD\Library\Application Support\SketchUp 2014\SketchUp\Plugins\

                    Remove these files and folders
                    SU_Podium_V2.rbs
                    SU_Podium_V2 folder
                    SU_Podium_Browser.rbs if it exists

                    The problem you are experiencing, where you have to resort to Force Quit to quit SketchUp with Podium, is not unique. I'm also needing to use Force Quit often. This started happening with 2013 and has not gone away with 2014 on both Mt. Lion and Maverick.
                    We are trying to figure this out. Sorry for the pain.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • B
                      bowesy
                      last edited by

                      Thanks for your replies. I think it is a Podium problem as mentioned above as I have to force quit every time. I will remove all and try a fresh reinstall. Cheers

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • B
                        bowesy
                        last edited by

                        Thanks allmanbro for the uninstallation app. I used it, uninstalled Podium and now SketchUp closes as it should do - I no longer have to Force Quit so there is something buggy in Podium. Shame!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • T
                          thevzitor
                          last edited by

                          Just to say I had the very same problem with SU Podium, not being able to quit.
                          Removed it and...snap ! quitting like a breeze !

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • olisheaO
                            olishea
                            last edited by

                            I'm sure it will be resolved soon.

                            oli

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                            Register Login
                            • 1 / 1
                            • First post
                              Last post
                            Buy SketchPlus
                            Buy SUbD
                            Buy WrapR
                            Buy eBook
                            Buy Modelur
                            Buy Vertex Tools
                            Buy SketchCuisine
                            Buy FormFonts

                            Advertisement