sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    MSPhysics 1.0.3 (16 October 2017)

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Plugins
    930 Posts 173 Posters 1.4m Views 174 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Rich O BrienR
      Rich O Brien Moderator
      last edited by

      @Pilou

      What are you talking about?

      @Tim

      Great minds think alike....fools seldom differ

      Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • pilouP
        pilou
        last edited by

        @unknownuser said:

        What are you talking about?

        SketchyPhysics / MSPhysics

        Frenchy Pilou
        Is beautiful that please without concept!
        My Little site :)

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • tt_suT
          tt_su
          last edited by

          This is a completely new plugin? It's not inherited from SketchyPhysics at all?

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • A
            Anton_S
            last edited by

            @rich o brien said:

            Can you assign different masses?

            Modifying mass? 🀒
            That's just a tiny little bit of the API. πŸ˜† There are lots of things you will be able to do with the bodies.
            I'm nearly done with the Body API! Check out documentation if your interested.

            @tt_su said:

            This is a completely new plugin? It's not inherited from SketchyPhysics at all?

            Yes TT, all from scratch! This plugin uses the latest Newton Dynamics 3.12, while SketchyPhysics used some old version. You've seen how fast the wall is simulated. Try simulating the same wall in SketchyPhysics. It will be like 1 FPS (If not BugSplat).

            The aim of writing this plugin is to bring SketchyPhysics back! To be honest, the whole point I joined this forum was to learn Ruby programming, in order to have some skills in fixing SketchyPhysics bugs. As time wen't I did fix a few things here and there, but wasn't satisfied. SP needed some general reconstruction. Starting the project from scratch wasn't a bad idea after all.

            There are a few things I need to do before releasing the first version:

            1. Dialog
            2. Joints
            3. Materials
            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • A
              Anton_S
              last edited by

              @unknownuser said:

              SketchyPhysics / MSPhysics

              I won't share any advantages/disadvantages over SketchyPhysics as it might hurt Chris Phillips's (the author of SketchyPhysics) feelings. SketchyPhysics was his idea in the first place. I wouldn't mind renaming MSPhysics to unofficial SketchyPhysics, but only after I make it compatible with SketchyPhysics...

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • FrederikF
                Frederik
                last edited by

                I've never tried using SketchyPhysics (primary because I haven't had the need, but also because I heard it was conflicting with other plugins), but this sure looks interesting... πŸ‘

                Cheers
                Kim Frederik

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • KrisidiousK
                  Krisidious
                  last edited by

                  Any hopes of using this system to test structural stability of home designs?

                  By: Kristoff Rand
                  Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • soloS
                    solo
                    last edited by

                    This will be crazy awesome, please pick me if you need testers as I would love to play with this. I'll also need to get Tomasz (the author of Thea4SU) alerted so we can get render support ASAP as this will be a game changer.

                    http://www.solos-art.com

                    If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • pilouP
                      pilou
                      last edited by

                      Do you know that you have also a Physic engine (Bullet) for Sketchup inside Simfonia ? πŸ˜‰
                      (free version is existing)

                      Frenchy Pilou
                      Is beautiful that please without concept!
                      My Little site :)

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • A
                        Anton_S
                        last edited by

                        @krisidious said:

                        Any hopes of using this system to test structural stability of home designs?

                        You won't be able to see the wood break in half, but you would be able to get the force applied on an object.

                        @solo said:

                        This will be crazy awesome, please pick me if you need testers as I would love to play with this.

                        I'll post a beta version someday.

                        @unknownuser said:

                        Do you know that you have also a Physic engine (Bullet) for Sketchup inside Simfonia ? πŸ˜‰
                        (free version is existing)

                        Bullet is a good physics engine, but I prefer using NewtonDynamics physics engine for MSPhysics for variety of reasons. It's a free physics engine, as well.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • KrisidiousK
                          Krisidious
                          last edited by

                          "You won't be able to see the wood break in half, but you would be able to get the force applied on an object."

                          That sounds great, I'm in it for the data not the visuals...

                          By: Kristoff Rand
                          Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • soloS
                            solo
                            last edited by

                            @anton_s said:

                            @solo said:

                            This will be crazy awesome, please pick me if you need testers as I would love to play with this.

                            I'll post a beta version someday.

                            Someday?

                            http://www.solos-art.com

                            If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • A
                              Anton_S
                              last edited by

                              @solo said:

                              Someday?

                              Maybe in a couple of months.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • KrisidiousK
                                Krisidious
                                last edited by

                                This is the internet... If there's no Beta, it didn't happen.

                                By: Kristoff Rand
                                Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • cottyC
                                  cotty
                                  last edited by

                                  @anton_s said:

                                  The aim of writing this plugin is to bring SketchyPhysics back!

                                  Great idea πŸ‘ ❗

                                  my SketchUp gallery

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • A
                                    Anton_S
                                    last edited by

                                    @krisidious said:

                                    This is the internet... If there's no Beta, it didn't happen.

                                    πŸ˜’ You know what? I don't care if you think it doesn't exist. πŸ˜† I'm good as long as you're not planning to hack into my PC and steal the files.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • tt_suT
                                      tt_su
                                      last edited by

                                      @anton_s said:

                                      hack into my PC and steal the files.

                                      πŸ’­ πŸ‘Ώ

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • A
                                        Anton_S
                                        last edited by

                                        Hello guys,

                                        I posted the first alpha version. There are still a lot of things to be worked on, but I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to upload updates as I go.

                                        Go to the first post and read all the compatibility and requirements, as this plugin is not user friendly yet.

                                        As far as uploading it to GitHub, it will be in a matter of days.

                                        I haven't yet created joints, and the dialog, but you can test destructing building and such things...

                                        Have a nice day!

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • cottyC
                                          cotty
                                          last edited by

                                          Fist test VERY promising! πŸ‘ πŸŽ‰

                                          [screenr:1z6ajd7z]yhhN[/screenr:1z6ajd7z]

                                          my SketchUp gallery

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • K
                                            kaas
                                            last edited by

                                            Very nice. First test no problems. Considering modelling a pachinko machine...

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 46
                                            • 47
                                            • 1 / 47
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement