sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    MSPhysics 1.0.3 (16 October 2017)

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Plugins
    930 Posts 173 Posters 1.4m Views 174 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • N
      Nicat93
      last edited by

      Hi. Just to let you know that I am waiting for this plugin to finally create hidden blade from assassins creed B) Which I have wanted already 3 or 4 years πŸ˜›

      Thank you for your work.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • A
        Anton_S
        last edited by

        Hello Nicat,

        I don't know how I missed this post. πŸ˜’

        MSPhysics will be designed to have a very stable and full-documented API. My initial purpose of writing this plugin was to have a better scripting API. When I was a user of SP, I was very unimpressed with all the bugs in script and all the inconsistencies. It literally took away my motivation from creating games or scripted models in SP. However, the legacy of SketchyPhysics made me urgent to write something like it.

        In SketchyPhysics users came across many problems of not being able to create games, such as not being able to use mouse wheel input and mouse clicks in general. Not to mention that keyboard controls were very unstable because if the SP Control Panel got deactivated the controls would start interacting with SU window, which in turn deactivate SP and activates different tools. This was very annoying. MSPhysics, the Windows version, will have a feature to monitor and block these keyboard controls, mouse clicks, and mouse wheel events. Not only you will know when certain keys are pressed, but also you won't need that 'control panel' dialog taking focus.

        Even more amazing, for gaming purposes, the Windows version of MSPhysics will have a feature to set SU viewport fullscreen. I.E when simulation starts viewport could be set fullscreen, and when resets, viewport is set back to original placement. This will make gaming in SketchUp a much better experience.

        I'm glad you're still waiting to write a game. I will try to do my best in making progress to this project.

        Best regards,
        Anton

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • plot-parisP
          plot-paris
          last edited by

          Very exciting stuff! 😲 Hope its getting along well...

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • dereiD
            derei
            last edited by

            Is this project still under development, or abandoned?

            DESIGNER AND ARTIST DEREI.UK

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • pilouP
              pilou
              last edited by

              Before the next release you can train your Physics' skill in 2D with this incredible Algodoo! β˜€

              Frenchy Pilou
              Is beautiful that please without concept!
              My Little site :)

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • thomthomT
                thomthom
                last edited by

                @derei said:

                Is this project still under development, or abandoned?

                Anton has been pretty active in this thread up til a couple of weeks ago, so I'd think it's still live and kicking.

                Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • A
                  Anton_S
                  last edited by

                  What Thom said

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • J
                    Jesus4fun
                    last edited by

                    I am getting this... Please can someone help me? I have no idea what I did wrong or how to fix it...

                    Error Loading File C:/Users/Norm/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/MSPhysics/main.rb
                    Error: #<NoMethodError: undefined method require_library' for AMS::Lib:Module> C:/Users/Norm/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/MSPhysics/main.rb:8:in <top (required)>'
                    C:/Program Files (x86)/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in require' C:/Program Files (x86)/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in load'
                    C:/Users/Norm/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/MSPhysics.rb:75:in register_extension' C:/Users/Norm/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/MSPhysics.rb:75:in module:MSPhysics'
                    C:/Users/Norm/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/MSPhysics.rb:57:in `<top (required)>'

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • O
                      Olivier92
                      last edited by

                      Hi Everyone,

                      This plugins looks very promising. Thank you for developping it.
                      I tried to install it on my SU 2015 64bits but apparently it will not install.
                      I guess it is because of the 64bits version is this correct?
                      If so, any change it will work on 64bits SU any time soon?

                      Kind regards

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • J
                        Jesus4fun
                        last edited by

                        When I just tried to download MSPhysics plugin I am getting 404 error. So That is why I am asking this, Is this extension discontinued? 😞

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • A
                          Anton_S
                          last edited by

                          @jesus4fun said:

                          When I just tried to download MSPhysics plugin I am getting 404 error. So That is why I am asking this, Is this extension discontinued? 😞

                          MSPhysics is in alpha stage and incomplete. Version 0.1.0 relied on AMS Libary 1.x.y, which is now obsolete. That explains why you got the loading error, and why I removed the download link. Version 1.0.0 is under development and is expected to be released this year.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • J
                            Jesus4fun
                            last edited by

                            @anton_s said:

                            @jesus4fun said:

                            When I just tried to download MSPhysics plugin I am getting 404 error. So That is why I am asking this, Is this extension discontinued? 😞

                            MSPhysics is in alpha stage and incomplete. Version 0.1.0 relied on AMS Libary 1.x.y, which is now obsolete. That explains why you got the loading error, and why I removed the download link. Version 1.0.0 is under development and is expected to be released this year.

                            I can't wait to see it, test it and use it!! β˜€

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • O
                              Olivier92
                              last edited by

                              Hello Anton,
                              "Version 1.0.0 is under development and is expected to be released this year."
                              This is great news.
                              Will this version be usable with Sketchup 64 bits?

                              Kind regards

                              Olivier

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • T
                                TonedF
                                last edited by

                                I cannot download this...the link is dead!!

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • A
                                  Anton_S
                                  last edited by

                                  @Oliver92 MSPhysics will be compatible with 32 and 64 bit SU versions. Although the first version will be limited to Windows OS due to huge reliance on MSFT Windows API.

                                  @TonedF Read a few posts above you.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • pcberdwinP
                                    pcberdwin
                                    last edited by

                                    Fantastic update! πŸ˜„ The buoyancy plane is interesting.
                                    I couldn't figure out how to record, though. I see the check box in settings but then what?

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • B
                                      Bas9999
                                      last edited by

                                      Well i have found earlier versions around on the internet and i am confused with the version numbering because it already passed v1.0.0 @ 2014-09-01..... πŸ˜‰

                                      MSPhysics - v0.1.0 (2014-04-26)
                                      MSPhysics - v0.2.0 (2014-06-26)
                                      MSPhysics - v0.2.0 (2015-04-06) ???
                                      MSPhysics - v1.0.0 (2014-09-01)

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • A
                                        Anton_S
                                        last edited by

                                        @pcberdwin said:

                                        Fantastic update! πŸ˜„ The buoyancy plane is interesting.
                                        I couldn't figure out how to record, though. I see the check box in settings but then what?

                                        The animation tool is a work in progress.

                                        @bas9999 said:

                                        Well i have found earlier versions around on the internet and i am confused with the version numbering because it already passed v1.0.0

                                        My poor planning πŸ˜† Wanted to get it all done on particular date, but got lazy and you know..

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • pilouP
                                          pilou
                                          last edited by

                                          Does this present version is working for the 2015?

                                          Frenchy Pilou
                                          Is beautiful that please without concept!
                                          My Little site :)

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • P
                                            PituPhysics
                                            last edited by

                                            I do not work in SU 15, if only "static" groups in the model. =(

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 6
                                            • 7
                                            • 8
                                            • 46
                                            • 47
                                            • 6 / 47
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement