sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Newbie w/ a new hobbie

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    35 Posts 5 Posters 2.5k Views 5 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • BoxB
      Box
      last edited by

      You can turn the visibility of Guides on and off, View menu/Guides

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • C
        Coach_Travis
        last edited by

        Box - Thanks for the tip.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • BoxB
          Box
          last edited by

          Another small tip before you go too far. Make sure you know about Groups and Components and how they separate geometry and make repetition easy.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • C
            Coach_Travis
            last edited by

            @box said:

            Another small tip before you go too far. Make sure you know about Groups and Components and how they separate geometry and make repetition easy.

            Yeah, I need to research that more.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • C
              Coach_Travis
              last edited by

              Dave - Changing the face color really assisted. Thank you again.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • C
                Coach_Travis
                last edited by

                I got the batter's boxes and catcher's box done this morning.


                Boxes.jpg

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • C
                  Coach_Travis
                  last edited by

                  Is there a way to copy the dugout on the first base side and paste it to the third base side?

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • BoxB
                    Box
                    last edited by

                    Yes, there are many ways. One of the most basic is to select the geometry of the dugout and use Copy and Paste.

                    But SU makes it easier, many tools allow you to move and copy things at the same time.
                    The Move tool for example, if you select geometry, then using the Move tool, Hold down CRTL and click then move and it will create a copy of what you have selected. The same works with the rotate tool, so you could find the center of your field and rotate a copy of the dugout to the new position.

                    This then brings you to components, if you make the dugout a component it becomes it's own little package of geometry that won't stick to anything. You can then copy it to the other position and any edits to one will happen to the other.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • C
                      Coach_Travis
                      last edited by

                      I made the one dugout a group, copy, and then pasted it. However, I am having problems trying to move it into place. I looked at a tutorial but I can not seem to finesse it into place. Are there any easy tips to get this into place?


                      Dugout Movement.jpg

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • C
                        Coach_Travis
                        last edited by

                        In addition, in SU 8 I was able to change the lines to the axis color? Did this option go away in SU 2013?

                        http://help.sketchup.com/en/article/167466

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • BoxB
                          Box
                          last edited by

                          I did this little vid some time back for someone else, hope it makes sense and gives you a few tips.

                          [screenr:noaa6anj]4CQ7[/screenr:noaa6anj]

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • BoxB
                            Box
                            last edited by

                            Colour by axis is in Styles.


                            Colour By Axis.jpg

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • C
                              Coach_Travis
                              last edited by

                              @box said:

                              I did this little vid some time back for someone else, hope it makes sense and gives you a few tips.

                              Box - I had been messing with that for 30 minutes or better. I watcher you tutorial and got it within a second. Thank you very much.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • C
                                Coach_Travis
                                last edited by

                                Box - Again, thank you. I had the faces option from before. I had to go to the edges option.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0

                                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                Register Login
                                • 1
                                • 2
                                • 1 / 2
                                • First post
                                  Last post
                                Buy SketchPlus
                                Buy SUbD
                                Buy WrapR
                                Buy eBook
                                Buy Modelur
                                Buy Vertex Tools
                                Buy SketchCuisine
                                Buy FormFonts

                                Advertisement