sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [Plugin] LaunchUp – A Quick Launcher for SketchUp

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Plugins
    108 Posts 33 Posters 100.3k Views 33 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • L
      Litchi
      last edited by

      thanks for your presents !it's great !

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • C
        caronte01
        last edited by

        Nice plugin!

        I like having as few toolbars visible as it is possible. Also, many times, one or two functions of any plugin is all I use, but I have to keep the entire toolbar visible. This plugin solves the problem.

        One question:
        Is there a way to switch between icons and text. Not all of the plugins I use have toolbars/icons. It would be nice to have text instead of icons, as an option. And, can the text be a bit smaller and not in bold.

        Thanks a lot!!!!

        Santiago
        Untitled-1.png

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • C
          caronte01
          last edited by

          Spanish strings, revised and corrected.

          Santiago
          LaunchUp_es.rar

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • T
            TBA
            last edited by

            Hi Aerilius,

            this 1.0.2 version works on mac now !
            (but the LaunchUp-Option dialog pops up empty and white like in the version before)

            And there are two more issues
            1_
            The number of suggestions I can type in the preferences shows time the same result of 10.
            No matter if I type in 25 or whatever -> the results have a number of 10 only!

            2_
            The "dialog stay after execute a command" isn´t working.
            After enable this -> the next time is unable like before.

            Additional note:
            The LaunchUp window fit to the smallest state if enabled LaunchUpagain, but only after executing a command. After then, I must drag it out (make it bigger) manually to see the last results and preferences button/field.
            If I look only in the preferences and close these -> next time I enable LaunchUp again -> the dialog shows the preference button line and the last results.

            Hope you can fix this all also

            Best regards,
            Thomas

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • A
              Aerilius
              last edited by

              Hi Caronte,
              thank you for the translations!

              A toolbar usually has icons and not text. In the screenshot, the history's style is set to "toolbar" and text that you see is rather a "fallback" for plugins that don't have an icon. You can change the style of the history to something else with icon + text by typing "LaunchUp Options" 😉
              I'll look how I can optimize the toolbar style to display better readable text without breaking the layout of a toolbar. Any ideas are welcome.

              Hi Thomas,
              thanks, I have already received your PM, and have begun working on some changes that could maybe improve it on OS X. Though at the moment, the sun is shining (maybe the first time this winter) and it's not so easy to test without owning a mac.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • C
                caronte01
                last edited by

                Aerilius

                Thanks, that fixed the issue. One thing is that behavior preferences are not saved between sessions, or even between closing and opening the launchup window

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • T
                  TBA
                  last edited by

                  Hi Aerilius,

                  thanks for all your work !

                  I hope you enjoy the sun in Germany/Kaiserslautern also for the next days 😄

                  Best regards from Hamburg,
                  Thomas

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • thomthomT
                    thomthom
                    last edited by

                    Maybe add a load trap if one package is missing - display a better error message?

                    Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                    List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • thomthomT
                      thomthom
                      last edited by

                      Finally got around to try out this gem. 😄

                      But I'm a little puzzled by the search results some times. It appear to include results not matching my search. ❓


                      2013-04-05_11h33_19.png

                      Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                      List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • A
                        Aerilius
                        last edited by

                        What package missing?

                        At the moment, the search is a bit too tolerant (ie. it gives abbreviations too much weight, like "S… and"). Today evening I'll have a new version ready.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • thomthomT
                          thomthom
                          last edited by

                          @aerilius said:

                          What package missing?

                          In my case I was a bit quick in getting started and didn't install the command package. 😳 I didn't RTFM. 😒

                          Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                          List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • Arty2A
                            Arty2
                            last edited by

                            Great work! I can now peaceflly remove making that exact plugin from my TODO list 😄

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • N
                              notareal
                              last edited by

                              This has a great potential.

                              Welcome to try Thea Render, Thea support | kerkythea.net -team member

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • A
                                Aerilius
                                last edited by

                                I updated the plugin to version 1.0.4:
                                • I added Chinese and Spanish translations (thanks to caronte01, 麦兜 and 双鱼)
                                • the options should not break anymore with invalid input
                                • the webdialog resizing is better on OS X
                                • the search gives now significantly better matching results
                                • Fredo's tools didn't get into the index, now they are there

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • L
                                  lionk
                                  last edited by

                                  may be 2 problems?
                                  the Apply & Cancel buttons of LaunchUpOptions webdialog have failed.
                                  the Search dialog size adjusted to min_width incorrectly sometimes.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • A
                                    Aerilius
                                    last edited by

                                    Thanks for noticing that! The dialog reloaded instead of closing.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • guanjinG
                                      guanjin
                                      last edited by

                                      @aerilius said:

                                      Thanks for noticing that! The dialog reloaded instead of closing.

                                      1.0.5 version of the search function does not work!

                                      I come from China, is to learn

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • thomthomT
                                        thomthom
                                        last edited by

                                        Same thing. I get no search results. No errors in Console or anything.

                                        Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                        List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • guanjinG
                                          guanjin
                                          last edited by

                                          @thomthom said:

                                          Same thing. I get no search results. No errors in Console or anything.

                                          😒 😒

                                          I come from China, is to learn

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • T
                                            TBA
                                            last edited by

                                            Hi Aerillus,

                                            I´ve installed the new 1.0.5 update and the plugin won´t work anymore on mac os x 10.8.3 😞

                                            The plugin is loaded, but nothing happens with the the search -> no results !!!

                                            The preferences button (left button) is now called "option" like the other other option button (right button). ??!!
                                            Also the (older called) option window -> after clicking -> is pop up with a empty white sheet as in the versions before.

                                            Hope you can fix this soon, or have a older version to download.
                                            For now, there is only the 1.0.5 version, which has replaced the older ones in my SU by installing.

                                            Best regards,
                                            Thomas

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 6
                                            • 6 / 6
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement