sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Simple country barn

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    45 Posts 21 Posters 4.4k Views 21 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • daleD
      dale
      last edited by

      Pete, I don't care which you choose, I'm just looking forward to it.
      Thanks

      Just monkeying around....like Monsanto

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • pbacotP
        pbacot
        last edited by

        I'm with the monkey!

        MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • soloS
          solo
          last edited by

          Thanks guys.

          I need to wait until Tomasz (the author) releases his final beta version with any new changes, feature or UI improvements before starting, there is no point doing a tutorial if my version is different to the released version, so as soon as I get that i'll get going with it.

          I like the idea of doing it in short sessions, covering topics like Interface, using proxy's, making proxy's, render settings, animation, lighting, crf's, DOF, etc, that way you can watch the parts you need without having to sit through hours to find the bits you need.

          http://www.solos-art.com

          If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • StinkieS
            Stinkie
            last edited by

            That would work for me. πŸ‘

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • J
              jpalm32
              last edited by

              Solo,
              Do you have problems with precise alignment with the proxy. Do you find yourself going back & forth after quick renders to correct?
              As example: A tree or bush placement next to another item.
              Or are proxy best for general palcement?

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • soloS
                solo
                last edited by

                @jpalm32 said:

                Solo,
                Do you have problems with precise alignment with the proxy. Do you find yourself going back & forth after quick renders to correct?
                As example: A tree or bush placement next to another item.
                Or are proxy best for general palcement?

                The only adjustments I did in image was the tree behind camera in order to get correct shadow cast, remember in Thea4SU you have all render option so you can use interactive rendering (realtime) to see how it is while you are doing it. πŸ˜„

                http://www.solos-art.com

                If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • J
                  jpalm32
                  last edited by

                  That's right, it's interactive.
                  That has to help! Nice render!

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • smarqueS
                    smarque
                    last edited by

                    I prefer pdf over video as I feel that written material is good for referring to later especially in this subject where I have a steep learning curve to master. I just feel that I can take it in slower in pdf form?

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • tridemT
                      tridem
                      last edited by

                      Agree with smarque. Moreover, for people not speaking english, watching a video with spoken explanations could be very hard, while a text can be translated quite easily.
                      That said, thanks for whatsoever you'll do πŸ‘

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • C
                        cadmunkey
                        last edited by

                        Would prefer video tutorials, I have found that sometimes in pdfs, minor details have been missed out that doesnt enable new users to follow exactly what was intended.
                        As a side note, have Thea not considered using the same system for generating grass in sketchup that Maxwell have recently launched? Saves having to have a ton of proxies just to build a field? Looking forward to getting a play with this when released.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • J
                          john.warburton
                          last edited by

                          Forced to choose between video and PDF, I would prefer video. But both have advantages, and I'd like to have both!

                          Life's a reach, and then you gybe.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • N
                            notareal
                            last edited by

                            @cadmunkey said:

                            Would prefer video tutorials, I have found that sometimes in pdfs, minor details have been missed out that doesnt enable new users to follow exactly what was intended.
                            As a side note, have Thea not considered using the same system for generating grass in sketchup that Maxwell have recently launched? Saves having to have a ton of proxies just to build a field? Looking forward to getting a play with this when released.

                            Hair/fur system and ecosystem are on the roadmap. No date when these will be available.

                            Welcome to try Thea Render, Thea support | kerkythea.net -team member

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • C
                              cadmunkey
                              last edited by

                              @notareal said:

                              Hair/fur system and ecosystem are on the roadmap. No date when these will be available.

                              Sounds great! πŸ˜„

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • marked001M
                                marked001
                                last edited by

                                @dale said:

                                Pete, I don't care which you choose, I'm just looking forward to it.
                                Thanks

                                I'm with Dale. And I'm very excited for this!

                                http://www.revision21vis.com

                                instagram: revi21on

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • Bryan KB
                                  Bryan K
                                  last edited by

                                  @marked001 said:

                                  @dale said:

                                  Pete, I don't care which you choose, I'm just looking forward to it.
                                  Thanks

                                  I'm with Dale. And I'm very excited for this!

                                  Same here. Yours and others work here are what I strive for and keeps me motivated. Any chance to learn is welcome.

                                  See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • soloS
                                    solo
                                    last edited by

                                    More images, playing with materials.

                                    old mini su.jpg

                                    old mini.png

                                    http://www.solos-art.com

                                    If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • daleD
                                      dale
                                      last edited by

                                      😲 Is that a Hillman?

                                      Just monkeying around....like Monsanto

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • soloS
                                        solo
                                        last edited by

                                        Indeed it is, 1973.

                                        http://www.solos-art.com

                                        If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • daleD
                                          dale
                                          last edited by

                                          I used to have a Hillman Californian, about that vintage, and you matched the paint job perfectly.
                                          You must be just smiling testing this out!

                                          Just monkeying around....like Monsanto

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • marked001M
                                            marked001
                                            last edited by

                                            Anyone willing to create a good material building tutorial? or know of any good ones??

                                            This is one (of many) areas that I am horrible with.. .

                                            http://www.revision21vis.com

                                            instagram: revi21on

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 2 / 3
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement