sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    GQ UK 2013 Watch edition

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    40 Posts 28 Posters 22.1k Views 28 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • soloS
      solo
      last edited by

      Thanks guys.

      @Victor, yes the animation was rendered with Thea, I used Keyframe animation as Jenu suggested. At the time of doing this Thea4SU did not have animation capabilities yet so Bradley (a fellow user on Thea and the owner of a render farm that will be announced in near future) helped me using KT export trick to get Thea to render the animation as set up in SU. This trick is irrelevant as Tomasz will be implementing animation support native in Thea4SU.

      @Hieru if you look closely you can see the segmented edges, I kept this pretty low poly and light, only around 4mb.

      @Tom The render is TR1 and the animation is BSD, I could have done the render in BSD as there was absolutely no difference in quality, I am using an internal version of Thea with the new advanced BSD fixes, you gonna like it.

      @John, the modeling took a Saturday afternoon, the animating took a Sunday (complicated stuff as I had to learn how to make it loop and do all silly moves that look complicated but actually if you watch carefully it's elementary) and the animation took 20 minutes (on Brads farm)

      @Jason, If I tell you I'd lose a client. ๐Ÿ’š

      http://www.solos-art.com

      If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • StinkieS
        Stinkie
        last edited by

        @solo said:

        (...) I am using an internal version of Thea with the new advanced BSD fixes, you gonna like it.

        Looking forward to it. Bsd is pretty good already -for what I do, its speed/quality ratio seems comparable to Vray's. TR1 I like too.

        I'm hoping the new Thea comes with a bunch of optimised, situation-specific rendering presets to pick apart and compare. Yours truly learns by experimenting. ๐Ÿ˜„

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • soloS
          solo
          last edited by

          @unknownuser said:

          @solo said:

          (...) I am using an internal version of Thea with the new advanced BSD fixes, you gonna like it.

          Looking forward to it. Bsd is pretty good already -for what I do, its speed/quality ratio seems comparable to Vray's. TR1 I like too.

          I'm hoping the new Thea comes with a bunch of optimised, situation-specific rendering presets to pick apart and compare. Yours truly learns by experimenting. ๐Ÿ˜„

          Now imagine having an additional two render options GPU biased and GPU unbiased to add to the arsenal of render options.

          http://www.solos-art.com

          If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • o2bwlnO
            o2bwln
            last edited by

            Pete,

            As usual,you bring your A game to all your work. Very impressive.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • boofredlayB
              boofredlay
              last edited by

              I am blown away Pete. Great indeed!

              http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Paul RussamP
                Paul Russam
                last edited by

                Wow, that's truly impressive.
                Well done and congrats on getting the cover of GQ

                Paul Russam
                English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark allies, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • L
                  liam887
                  last edited by

                  Great work!

                  VISIT MY ONLINE GALLERY
                  http://www.robotsvdinosaurs.com/

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • olisheaO
                    olishea
                    last edited by

                    ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

                    sorry I almost forgot to say...

                    ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

                    wow pete great work, raised the bar this time! ๐Ÿ‘

                    oli

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Bryan KB
                      Bryan K
                      last edited by

                      ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ‘

                      Simply peerless.

                      See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • C
                        cadmunkey
                        last edited by

                        Great work Solo, it looks fantastic. Really looking forward to Thea in SU animation.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • Paul RussamP
                          Paul Russam
                          last edited by

                          2 screen grabs of the AppStore on my iPad ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜


                          photo-1.jpg


                          photo-2.jpg

                          Paul Russam
                          English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark allies, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • urgenU
                            urgen
                            last edited by

                            .... Great work! ๐Ÿ‘

                            --pupil forever...------

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • R
                              Roger
                              last edited by

                              Pete, really nice work. I have done a few publication oriented projects, but have struggled to find much of a market so I am glad to see others making inroads. ๐Ÿ‘

                              http://www.azcreative.com

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • olisheaO
                                olishea
                                last edited by

                                Can you share any process images Pete? Would love to see it take shape. ๐Ÿ˜„ Even just SU images would be great.

                                oli

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • L
                                  liam887
                                  last edited by

                                  @olishea said:

                                  Can you share any process images Pete? Would love to see it take shape. ๐Ÿ˜„ Even just SU images would be great.

                                  +1 ๐Ÿ‘

                                  VISIT MY ONLINE GALLERY
                                  http://www.robotsvdinosaurs.com/

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • cheddaC
                                    chedda
                                    last edited by

                                    Great work, congratulations.

                                    Kraken Wrangler https://www.flickr.com/photos/132441293@N03/

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • StinkieS
                                      Stinkie
                                      last edited by

                                      @solo said:

                                      Now imagine having an additional two render options GPU biased and GPU unbiased to add to the arsenal of render options.

                                      Sounds good to me. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • L
                                        Lobster
                                        last edited by

                                        Really impressive!!!
                                        Communicates well and looks beautiful.

                                        Regards
                                        Sam

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • D
                                          dirkkkk
                                          last edited by

                                          Great work.. And it was an impressive presentations at BaseCamp ๐Ÿ˜„...

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • Chris FullmerC
                                            Chris Fullmer
                                            last edited by

                                            Wow, I'm just seeing this Pete. That's amazing work! Great job, I hope they paid you in millions!

                                            Lately you've been tan, suspicious for the winter.
                                            All my Plugins I've written

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 2 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement