sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Learning V-ray for home remodeling

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    12 Posts 8 Posters 3.3k Views 8 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • editor22E
      editor22
      last edited by

      I've been working on a home remodel recently and have started using V-ray to bring it to life.

      Would love some opinions and ideas πŸ˜„

      A small 2m x 2m bathroom

      http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm219/nathanielgeorge/bathroomHRs_zps2f678e08.jpg

      The First floor landing.

      http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm219/nathanielgeorge/LAND2Hq_zps7e6dd61f.jpg

      E22

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • C
        ccs1987
        last edited by

        tedious work..this is amazing..

        Sketchup 8 pro
        Vray

        Intel Xeon W3520 2.67Ghz
        12Gb Ram
        Nvdia Quadro FX 1800

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • editor22E
          editor22
          last edited by

          I have started to make a bit more progress with the rest of the house.

          http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm219/nathanielgeorge/RenovationWC_zps3dabd126.jpg

          E22

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • T
            thegreek87
            last edited by

            Really amazing work

            http://www.nicholasvaisey.co.uk/.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • hellnbakH
              hellnbak
              last edited by

              Looking good πŸ‘

              "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • novenaN
                novena
                last edited by

                nice render images!
                I like the lighting in the second one, the section with the rest of the house is looking great, my only critic is that the stairs are not visible but only the balustrading that looks weird...
                best
                V

                http://hdzarkitektur.wordpress.com/

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Bryan KB
                  Bryan K
                  last edited by

                  Learning? Seems like you've mastered it. πŸ˜„

                  Good work!

                  See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • hellnbakH
                    hellnbak
                    last edited by

                    Personally I think I would move the toilet to the area now occupied by the little cabinet (between the shower wall and the outer wall). Would require a major change in plumbing, but having it right out there in the middle of the bathroom just seems a little strange (to me)
                    or maybe there isn't room for it there?

                    "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • editor22E
                      editor22
                      last edited by

                      @bryan k said:

                      Learning? Seems like you've mastered it. πŸ˜„

                      Good work!

                      I always think I'm getting there and then I see something outstanding and have to start learning again πŸ˜†

                      @novena said:

                      nice render images!
                      I like the lighting in the second one, the section with the rest of the house is looking great, my only critic is that the stairs are not visible but only the balustrading that looks weird...
                      best
                      V

                      Oh yeah, I tried to cut it off as good as possible because I haven't modeled the stairs yet πŸ˜„

                      @hellnbak said:

                      Personally I think I would move the toilet to the area now occupied by the little cabinet (between the shower wall and the outer wall). Would require a major change in plumbing, but having it right out there in the middle of the bathroom just seems a little strange (to me)
                      or maybe there isn't room for it there?

                      It's actually about 300mm from the wall, I can see now though how it looks like in the middle of the room πŸ˜›

                      I think it would be a bit to "enclosed" having it between the two walls. I had though about having the back tank under the window though but then the room looks a lot more closed as it leaves a lot of dead space with the sink in there.

                      E22

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • unrealVizU
                        unrealViz
                        last edited by

                        Great - you definitely brought it to life! The lightning is fantastic.
                        I wonder if this is a professional work or you are doing it for yourself?

                        http://www.unrealviz.blogspot.com

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • editor22E
                          editor22
                          last edited by

                          Thanks unrealViz,

                          I do a fair bit of designing work for my job but this is the first time I have really turned my hand to interior designing πŸ˜‰

                          E22

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • S
                            Saire1946
                            last edited by

                            Too seeking home remodeling in Canada around the Calgary area, who can remodel my home with modern requirement.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                            Register Login
                            • 1 / 1
                            • First post
                              Last post
                            Buy SketchPlus
                            Buy SUbD
                            Buy WrapR
                            Buy eBook
                            Buy Modelur
                            Buy Vertex Tools
                            Buy SketchCuisine
                            Buy FormFonts

                            Advertisement