sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Thea renders - garden

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    36 Posts 18 Posters 3.7k Views 18 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • masterpaulM
      masterpaul
      last edited by

      Pleae do a tutorial or something like that. You would be my hero.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • pbacotP
        pbacot
        last edited by

        @masterpaul said:

        Pleae do a tutorial or something like that. You would be my hero.

        Look all through this subforum: http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewforum.php?f=351&start=0

        Instigated by David himself. Yep, he's a hero.

        MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Rich O BrienR
          Rich O Brien Moderator
          last edited by

          @unknownuser said:

          as my Rendering Alter Ego . .I congratulate you ( and therefore myself) on these incredible renders!

          πŸ˜†

          Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • boofredlayB
            boofredlay
            last edited by

            Brilliant as usual. πŸ‘

            http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • D
              davidh
              last edited by

              Cmoreink,I converted thru 3d max to .obj and brought them that way into Thea.You can download a full working 30 days version of 3dmax which will allow you do the same.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • C
                cmoreink
                last edited by

                Just like I thought πŸ˜‰ great images Dadvidh. Since you can't bring .max to SU and you bring them as .obj, do you loose any detail in those models?
                Would like to see how the last image NPR was composed.
                Thanks for your time.
                cheers

                my portfolio

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • D
                  davidh
                  last edited by

                  The .obj models are brought into Thea and not into Sketchup.
                  Before you export the models from 3d max you need to ensure that all the materials are standard max materials which means changing them from the vray materials which the models originally have ,otherwise all parts of the models will come through with the same texture.
                  Once the models are in Thea I add translucency and bump maps and then save them out so they can be used as components/instantces.
                  Once this is done I open the house Sketchup model in Thea and simply drag and drop the plants.

                  I have attached 3 more variations of the NPR with different foregrounds and some colour tone revisions.


                  Forest variation dandelions.jpg


                  Forest variation reeds.jpg


                  Forest variation road.jpg

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • david_hD
                    david_h
                    last edited by

                    truly incredible. . .

                    (So I am guessing that NPR in this situation doesnt refer to National Public Radio???) πŸ’š

                    If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • jo-keJ
                      jo-ke
                      last edited by

                      I'm speechless. Absolutely perfect

                      http://www.zz7.de

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • D
                        davidh
                        last edited by

                        Heres a night time version using the technique I uploaded to the post processing forum a while back.I added a few fireflies to the right to add some bright colour.


                        forest mist moon with fireflies.jpg

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • C
                          cmoreink
                          last edited by

                          I use vray ans SU, so I would have to bring the models straight to SU. I tried to import them to SU after exporting from 3ds max as .3ds since SU doesn't read .obj files, but no luck 😞.
                          Or maybe I'm just doing something wrong? I have also tried bringing them as .dwg or .dxf and it's no go either 😞
                          Does any one have an idea on how to do that?
                          thanks in advance
                          cheers

                          my portfolio

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • jo-keJ
                            jo-ke
                            last edited by

                            Hmm. SU does import 3ds and obj! where is the problem?

                            http://www.zz7.de

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • D
                              davidh
                              last edited by

                              I think the problem lies with the ".3ds format".It has a finite polygon count and if you export ,say for instance,from 3d max,particularly these plants,it can't handle it.
                              .OBJ has always worked for me.

                              Thats why I import into Thea.
                              I cant say enough about this program.I have previously used artlantis,vray and maxwell but for pure ease of use Thea is my default.It has cost me a lot of money over the years,and although I still use vray in sketchup for smaller models,Thea does everything I need to do.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • C
                                cmoreink
                                last edited by

                                @jo-ke said:

                                Hmm. SU does import 3ds and obj! where is the problem?

                                It does imports .obj, but it's not a standard, you have to get a plugin.

                                I just installed a .obj plugin and imported, SU has been calculating now for over 10 minutes... still waiting, we'll see, keep your fingers cross. I just might have to look into thea.

                                cheers

                                my portfolio

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • jo-keJ
                                  jo-ke
                                  last edited by

                                  Ahh I see. Unfortunately highpoly is always a problem in su

                                  http://www.zz7.de

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • soloS
                                    solo
                                    last edited by

                                    Maybe not....seen this? http://www.thearender.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=10982&start=0

                                    http://www.solos-art.com

                                    If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • RichardR
                                      Richard
                                      last edited by

                                      Davidh - mate trust that I mean this affectionately - YOU'RE A FREAK! The stuff you knock out blows me away!

                                      BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • KrisidiousK
                                        Krisidious
                                        last edited by

                                        Wow... fantastic views. very realistic. My favorite is the last one. Wall worthy.

                                        By: Kristoff Rand
                                        Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • C
                                          cmoreink
                                          last edited by

                                          @solo said:

                                          Maybe not....seen this? http://www.thearender.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=10982&start=0

                                          At first got a message to register, so I did. After I registered, clicked on the link again and it tells me that I'm not authorized πŸ˜•

                                          my portfolio

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • D
                                            davidh
                                            last edited by

                                            Thanks again for the compliments,especially the Freak one,Rich!
                                            Ive attached one more of the same house,rendered out again in Thea,and Photoshoped planting.
                                            This time I was going for a more ominous feeling,as the sun breaks through the clouds just before a heavy downfall.
                                            The barren trees at the back are used to try and help make for a more unsettling feeling,where a heavy dense growth of trees would only soften the effect.


                                            DARK EVENING 2.jpg

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 1 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement