sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Entrance hall + staircase -- study [second edition]

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    19 Posts 15 Posters 1.9k Views 15 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • T
      thegreek87
      last edited by

      All very good, but 15 is with out a doubt my favorite πŸ˜„

      http://www.nicholasvaisey.co.uk/.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • soloS
        solo
        last edited by

        #9 for me.

        I just do not like the image used for exterior, needs a little depth blur and desaturation, maybe even a reflection to show there is glass.

        http://www.solos-art.com

        If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • jason_marantoJ
          jason_maranto
          last edited by

          11 for me.

          I create video tutorial series about several 2D & 3D graphics programs.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • jarynzlesaJ
            jarynzlesa
            last edited by

            @solo said:

            #9 for me.

            I just do not like the image used for exterior, needs a little depth blur and desaturation, maybe even a reflection to show there is glass.

            yes, you are true. there is no glass in the window due to faster rendering. I am not satisfied with background image, but it always was my problem.

            OK i give my vote to #10 image πŸ‘ .

            http://www.vizualizaceschodiste.mypage.cz/

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • peter_shawP
              peter_shaw
              last edited by

              5 or 14
              6 is also nice

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • V
                Vicspa
                last edited by

                9 and 11 for me. The door handle and lock placed in the middle of the door, makes the scene feel out of scale, like short people would live there.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • unigamiU
                  unigami
                  last edited by

                  17....I like the darker wood against the white wall.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • DanielD
                    Daniel
                    last edited by

                    I like the bright, clean look of no. 5. Not a fan of busy walls.
                    Why is the casing on the door head thinner than the casing on the jambs?

                    My avatar is an anachronism.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • boofredlayB
                      boofredlay
                      last edited by

                      17 is my choice.

                      http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • jarynzlesaJ
                        jarynzlesa
                        last edited by

                        @daniel said:

                        I like the bright, clean look of no. 5. Not a fan of busy walls.
                        Why is the casing on the door head thinner than the casing on the jambs?

                        yes, you are right - I dont know how that happened. thx for notice πŸ‘ .

                        @unknownuser said:

                        9 and 11 for me. The door handle and lock placed in the middle of the door, makes the scene feel out of scale, like short people would live there.

                        very short people πŸ˜„ .

                        http://www.vizualizaceschodiste.mypage.cz/

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • AnssiA
                          Anssi
                          last edited by

                          I think that the metal balusters in an otherwise wooden staircase are rather perverse.

                          Anssi

                          securi adversus homines, securi adversus deos rem difficillimam adsecuti sunt, ut illis ne voto quidem opus esset

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • daleD
                            dale
                            last edited by

                            jaryn
                            These are great.
                            #9 for me, but I would really like to see #2 with other colors as the concept is quite interesting.

                            Just monkeying around....like Monsanto

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • jarynzlesaJ
                              jarynzlesa
                              last edited by

                              @anssi said:

                              I think that the metal balusters in an otherwise wooden staircase are rather perverse.

                              Anssi

                              best selling staircases in Czech rep. are with stainless steel components.

                              @dale said:

                              jaryn
                              These are great.
                              #9 for me, but I would really like to see #2 with other colors as the concept is quite interesting.

                              something specific?

                              http://www.vizualizaceschodiste.mypage.cz/

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • Rich O BrienR
                                Rich O Brien Moderator
                                last edited by

                                I like #20

                                Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • M
                                  MrMikeEsq
                                  last edited by

                                  17!
                                  I also like the realistic white paint texture you use

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • Bryan KB
                                    Bryan K
                                    last edited by

                                    Number 7.

                                    See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • urgenU
                                      urgen
                                      last edited by

                                      ...... i like #5

                                      --pupil forever...------

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • daleD
                                        dale
                                        last edited by

                                        @dale said:

                                        jaryn
                                        These are great.
                                        #9 for me, but I would really like to see #2 with other colors as the concept is quite interesting.

                                        something specific?[/quote]
                                        Two thoughts:
                                        My first impression was just wondering what other colors would look like, as I really liked the way the white accentuates some of the shapes, particularly the staircase, by forming a nicely proportioned border. But I would also like to see the dark color taken down the greyscale to see how the effect of softening the contrast looks.
                                        My second though after looking at them all again:
                                        Have you ever used backpainted glass?
                                        You get the subtle reflections but the color of your choice. It can be very effective.Screen shot 2011-12-22 at 6.42.29 AM.png
                                        There are specific paints available now, but we used to do it by using a clear auto body undercoat primer and lacquer sprayed onto the back of glass.
                                        Cheers and Merry Christmas.

                                        Just monkeying around....like Monsanto

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0

                                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                        Register Login
                                        • 1 / 1
                                        • First post
                                          Last post
                                        Buy SketchPlus
                                        Buy SUbD
                                        Buy WrapR
                                        Buy eBook
                                        Buy Modelur
                                        Buy Vertex Tools
                                        Buy SketchCuisine
                                        Buy FormFonts

                                        Advertisement