sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Solo's SF Bay F.L. Wright Home

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    13 Posts 9 Posters 1.5k Views 9 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • EdsonE
      Edson
      last edited by

      I agree. pete is on a par with the greatest archviz artists you can find on the web (I mean people like peter guthrie and ronan bekerman).

      all the renders in his website are great but what is really amazing is that the ones he made with podium have the same high quality as the later ones made using more sophisticated rendering apps. this only proves for the nth time that good rendering has much more to do with the artist involved than with the means used to realize it.

      edson mahfuz, architect| porto alegre β€’ brasil
      http://www.mahfuz.arq.br

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • KrisidiousK
        Krisidious
        last edited by

        so true Edison... the vision of the true artist cannot be stifled...

        By: Kristoff Rand
        Home DesignerUnique House Plans

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • pmolsonP
          pmolson
          last edited by

          Inspiring!

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • StinkieS
            Stinkie
            last edited by

            Nah, he's just a show-off. πŸ˜‰

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • D
              dorfpunk
              last edited by

              @edson said:

              I agree. pete is on a par with the greatest archviz artists you can find on the web (I mean people like peter guthrie and ronan bekerman).

              all the renders in his website are great but what is really amazing is that the ones he made with podium have the same high quality as the later ones made using more sophisticated rendering apps. this only proves for the nth time that good rendering has much more to do with the artist involved than with the means used to realize it.

              Pretty much - what he said.

              This stuff blows my mind. I don't do much with rendering but looking at these images makes me want to learn to do it properly. Totally inspiring.

              it's a beautiful night - you can almost see the stars

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • soloS
                solo
                last edited by

                ...um....awkward moment.

                Thanks, I'm blushing. 😳

                Wow, strong words,I'm honored guys (not even my birthday).

                I also have a lot of crap stuff...I just try not post those. πŸ˜„

                http://www.solos-art.com

                If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • D
                  dorfpunk
                  last edited by

                  @solo said:

                  I also have a lot of crap stuff...I just try not post those. πŸ˜„

                  wow - good tip - i should try that πŸ˜‰

                  it's a beautiful night - you can almost see the stars

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • KrisidiousK
                    Krisidious
                    last edited by

                    Wright was the consummate Sketcher... I think he would have enjoyed SketchUp throughly. it also avails us of the opportunity to see some of his creations that never came to be. I think he'd be thrilled with your rendition. I'd love to see more of it.

                    By: Kristoff Rand
                    Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Bryan KB
                      Bryan K
                      last edited by

                      Great job Solo. And good job on finding a work of FLW's I've never seen.

                      You can really see FLW was hitting his stride with this one.

                      See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • J
                        jpalm32
                        last edited by

                        Great work Solo.
                        Watching your use of VUE, it's great.
                        How do you like using it? If you have time, would like a brief description of how you used it.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • N
                          nomeradona
                          last edited by

                          i did not realize that solo has the same age as me.. β˜€

                          visit my blog: http://www.nomeradona.blogspot.com

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • KrisidiousK
                            Krisidious
                            last edited by

                            are you saying you were around in 1948 nomeradona?

                            By: Kristoff Rand
                            Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                            Register Login
                            • 1 / 1
                            • First post
                              Last post
                            Buy SketchPlus
                            Buy SUbD
                            Buy WrapR
                            Buy eBook
                            Buy Modelur
                            Buy Vertex Tools
                            Buy SketchCuisine
                            Buy FormFonts

                            Advertisement