sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Magnum 50cc Scooter

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    46 Posts 27 Posters 13.8k Views 27 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • michaliszissiouM
      michaliszissiou
      last edited by

      wow nice modeling pete!!!

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • boofredlayB
        boofredlay
        last edited by

        http://shongjog.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/facebook-like-button.jpg?w=600

        http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • spenceS
          spence
          last edited by

          Very nice Pete ๐Ÿ˜ฒ In the first image that shows the front end, are you roughly shaping out the fender then applying Sub Divide & Smooth?

          Spence

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • soloS
            solo
            last edited by

            Yes, I create a rough proxy shape, then run SDS2 1 iriteration, then I use the SDS sculpting tools to refine the shape before subdividing a second time for finished shape, if I make a mistake I can just reduce the poly's with the SDS poly reducer (like an undo)fix and divide again.

            Here is an image of the proxy undergoing a divide, I can see how it will look before committing, really cool feature.


            sds2.jpg

            http://www.solos-art.com

            If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • soloS
              solo
              last edited by

              Slightly more progress, here you can see the wires.


              Scooter1.png

              http://www.solos-art.com

              If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • brodieB
                brodie
                last edited by

                wow, that's great pete. how'd you do the tires?

                -brodie

                steelblue http://www.steelbluellc.com

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • soloS
                  solo
                  last edited by

                  I never saved any screen shots, however, I have an old tutorial (really old) that I made for a car tyre/tire, I used a similar process.

                  [flash=600,400:2ae1j7dg]http://www.youtube.com/v/v-rVsF5_k0E[/flash:2ae1j7dg]

                  http://www.solos-art.com

                  If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • D
                    d12dozr
                    last edited by

                    exquisite modeling, Pete ๐Ÿ‘

                    3D Printing with SketchUp Book
                    http://goo.gl/f7ooYh

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • soloS
                      solo
                      last edited by

                      The trick is knowing when to stop.

                      http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/8435/scooterclaylinerender9.png

                      http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6894/scooterwiththea9.png

                      http://www.solos-art.com

                      If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • StinkieS
                        Stinkie
                        last edited by

                        ๐Ÿ‘

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • ken28875K
                          ken28875
                          last edited by

                          Wow, really nice model and a terrific render you have here, Pete. I am quite impressed. ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

                          How long did it take for you to model it?

                          What rendering engine did you use?

                          Best,

                          _KN

                          My interview with ASGVIS/V-Ray:
                          http://software.asgvis.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=886&Itemid=466&utm_source=Publicaster&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Winning%20Subject&utm_term=Read%20more%20about%20Ken%20Nguyen
                          My interview with Sketchupartists.org:
                          http://www.sketchupartists.org/spotlight/artists/sketchup-art-in-the-online-game-industry/
                          Sketchup for Fantasy Art:
                          http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=27028
                          Sketchup for Sci-Fi Art:
                          http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=27030

                          Follow Your Dreams.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • J
                            jsteacy
                            last edited by

                            ๐Ÿ˜ฎ wow Pete you have amazing modeling skills. So did I miss something, is there a SDS v2 out? or are you lucky enough to test it out?

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • brodieB
                              brodie
                              last edited by

                              Great render Pete. I haven't kept up, what renderer are you using these days?

                              -Brodie

                              steelblue http://www.steelbluellc.com

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • soloS
                                solo
                                last edited by

                                Thanks. I use Thea render.

                                http://www.solos-art.com

                                If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • boofredlayB
                                  boofredlay
                                  last edited by

                                  That is fantastic Pete. Makes me jealous that I don't have much time to play myself.

                                  http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • C
                                    chloesdad
                                    last edited by

                                    Beautifully done, Pete. It's great to see quality work. I'm still playing with Thea, and so far, I like it. You reminded me a while back that because it's a WIP, tutorials are not available yet. Do you know of any decent lessons or tips that may be out there currently?
                                    Thanks.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • J
                                      johnsenior1973
                                      last edited by

                                      @jsteacy said:

                                      ๐Ÿ˜ฎ wow Pete you have amazing modeling skills. So did I miss something, is there a SDS v2 out? or are you lucky enough to test it out?

                                      @solo said:

                                      I'm going to be using SDS 2 for most of my modeling and texturing, I'm alpha/beta testing it as most here know.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • soloS
                                        solo
                                        last edited by

                                        Thanks guys, last shot, moving onto bigger things.

                                        http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/8351/scoot2.png

                                        http://www.solos-art.com

                                        If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • R
                                          rcossoli
                                          last edited by

                                          almost speechless, amazing
                                          sketchup really at another level
                                          sincere congratulations!

                                          THREEDIMENSIONSWEB dot COM

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • Bryan KB
                                            Bryan K
                                            last edited by

                                            Beautiful!

                                            You have successfully crushed my ambition. ๐Ÿ˜†

                                            See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 3 / 3
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement