sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Catamaran

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    156 Posts 12 Posters 35.7k Views 12 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Bryan KB
      Bryan K
      last edited by

      @unknownuser said:

      Hi Eco, nice looking Hull there, I would suggest removing the Kort nozzel as ive never personaly seen one on a Cat before,or such a small one, but your rudder assembly looks fine.

      Ah! Thanks!

      Is there something else that can be used for channel and harbor? A small standard prop perhaps?

      See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • axeonaliasA
        axeonalias
        last edited by

        Well your size Cat suggests it only needs skill to moor,im pretty sure larger cats have bow thrusters but if you say is there anything else,im assuming you made that Kort nozzle with the idea that it was a azipod?

        https://sketchfab.com/Axeonalias

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Bryan KB
          Bryan K
          last edited by

          Well I blew it. I've realized the scale is all wrong. And the way I constructed it, I'll have to start over. And the deck railing is overdone.

          At least I can save the rudder and forward top hatch. And I know what I'm doing this time around. Which ought to mean better geometry as well.

          Live and learn.

          See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • axeonaliasA
            axeonalias
            last edited by

            Blueprints are priceless ๐Ÿ˜‰

            https://sketchfab.com/Axeonalias

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Bryan KB
              Bryan K
              last edited by

              @unknownuser said:

              Blueprints are priceless ๐Ÿ˜‰

              ๐Ÿ˜† Right?

              As with my other exercise models, I only have what I can find on the Internet to work with. Which is fine. It makes me work and focus on the numbers instead of just free-flowing.

              See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Bryan KB
                Bryan K
                last edited by

                Watch this space. Going to have another go at this.

                See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Bryan KB
                  Bryan K
                  last edited by

                  Here's the plans. From a 1990s design.


                  fig1.gif


                  fig5.gif

                  See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Bryan KB
                    Bryan K
                    last edited by

                    Preliminary setup. Still need to scale all plans to each other.


                    catamaran.jpg

                    See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • ntxdaveN
                      ntxdave
                      last edited by

                      Very interesting. ๐Ÿ‘

                      Where do you come up with the plans for this type of stuff? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

                      Press F1...thank me later

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Bryan KB
                        Bryan K
                        last edited by

                        @ntxdave said:

                        Very interesting. ๐Ÿ‘

                        Where do you come up with the plans for this type of stuff? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

                        Thanks!

                        I just search google. Sometimes I have to search a lot and even then, I often have to settle for the next best thing of what I had in mind.

                        See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • Bryan KB
                          Bryan K
                          last edited by

                          Plans now scaled.


                          catamaran 2.jpg

                          See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • Bryan KB
                            Bryan K
                            last edited by

                            Roughing in the bulkheads. I have just one bulkhead to go by, so I'll have to fake the rest.


                            catamaran 3.jpg

                            See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • Bryan KB
                              Bryan K
                              last edited by

                              Going to be a lot of adjusting before I skin. The hull profile slopes from the top middle down to the ends.

                              I had to pick this one, didn't I? ๐Ÿ˜† Oh well, it will look more interesting this way.


                              catamaran 4.jpg

                              See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • L
                                L i am
                                last edited by

                                Following with great interest ๐Ÿ‘

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • Bryan KB
                                  Bryan K
                                  last edited by

                                  Most of the bulkheads placed and now to just refine their profiles and set up the final aft bulkhead, then find the true hull curve.


                                  catamaran 5.jpg


                                  catamaran 6.jpg


                                  catamaran 7.jpg


                                  catamaran 8.jpg

                                  See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • tuna1957T
                                    tuna1957
                                    last edited by

                                    Great progress ๐Ÿ‘ Boats can be a real pain to modelโ€ฆ..

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • Bryan KB
                                      Bryan K
                                      last edited by

                                      @tuna1957 said:

                                      Great progress ๐Ÿ‘ Boats can be a real pain to modelโ€ฆ..

                                      Thanks!

                                      Gonna hold off for a while. Local weather has had 30 degree (F, 15 degrees C) swings over the last few days and my head hurts.

                                      See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • Bryan KB
                                        Bryan K
                                        last edited by

                                        How I'm preparing the hull for skinning.


                                        catamaran 9.jpg

                                        See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • Bryan KB
                                          Bryan K
                                          last edited by

                                          Sigh.

                                          Crazy busy with the day job the last two weeks and no end in sight. That's why I've just been doing easy renders.

                                          I'm getting impatient to get back to this.

                                          See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • Bryan KB
                                            Bryan K
                                            last edited by Bryan K

                                            How I'm doing this:

                                            I made three copies. The first one on the right is my baseline. As I make corrections, it becomes the new baseline and replaces the previous model.

                                            The middle one is where I make corrections, based on:

                                            The one on the far left where I test and find the problems.

                                            Current issues are getting the bulkhead heights to line up exactly with the hull profile.

                                            I intend to use Soap Bubble or Curviloft to skin the hull. At worst, hand connect all the lines to make the hull surface, like I did with the Nadesico.


                                            catamaran 10.jpg

                                            See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 6
                                            • 7
                                            • 8
                                            • 5 / 8
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement