sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Catamaran

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    156 Posts 12 Posters 35.7k Views 12 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Bryan KB
      Bryan K
      last edited by

      hullB1021.jpg

      See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Bryan KB
        Bryan K
        last edited by

        hullBstarboard1021.jpg

        See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Bryan KB
          Bryan K
          last edited by

          @unknownuser said:

          Nice work, Ecofeco. It looks very precise. I hope you'll male the entire cat. We can make it into a render competition then ๐Ÿ˜„
          btw Sang really gets to go places, doesn't he? ๐Ÿ˜„

          Thanks Martha.

          I will definitely complete it, although it may take some time as I'm still a relatively new user. I've been teaching myself for the last year, but I've made maybe a total of 12 models.

          It probably won't be as detailed as some, as I'm working from pictures and I'm not a sailor by any stretch of the imagination. But it's a great exercise.

          Yeah, that Sang! He really does get around!

          See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • pyrolunaP
            pyroluna
            last edited by

            Nice work, Ecofeco. It looks very precise. I hope you'll make the entire cat. We can make it into a render competition then ๐Ÿ˜„
            btw Sang really gets to go places, doesn't he? ๐Ÿ˜„

            edit: typo

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Bryan KB
              Bryan K
              last edited by

              Okay, NOW you all can start telling me what I doing wrong. ๐Ÿ˜„ (because I know I am)

              I'm also thinking about making this sail instead of fully motorized, so the thruster you see is mainly for channel/harbor maneuvering.

              hullB102410.jpg

              See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Bryan KB
                Bryan K
                last edited by

                Any suggestions? Obvious mistakes? I think I have the rudder and thruster misconfigured or designed wrong.

                Does anyone see any glaring errors?

                Thanks.

                See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • axeonaliasA
                  axeonalias
                  last edited by

                  Hi Eco, nice looking Hull there, I would suggest removing the Kort nozzel as ive never personaly seen one on a Cat before,or such a small one, but your rudder assembly looks fine.

                  https://sketchfab.com/Axeonalias

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Bryan KB
                    Bryan K
                    last edited by

                    @unknownuser said:

                    Hi Eco, nice looking Hull there, I would suggest removing the Kort nozzel as ive never personaly seen one on a Cat before,or such a small one, but your rudder assembly looks fine.

                    Ah! Thanks!

                    Is there something else that can be used for channel and harbor? A small standard prop perhaps?

                    See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • axeonaliasA
                      axeonalias
                      last edited by

                      Well your size Cat suggests it only needs skill to moor,im pretty sure larger cats have bow thrusters but if you say is there anything else,im assuming you made that Kort nozzle with the idea that it was a azipod?

                      https://sketchfab.com/Axeonalias

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Bryan KB
                        Bryan K
                        last edited by

                        Well I blew it. I've realized the scale is all wrong. And the way I constructed it, I'll have to start over. And the deck railing is overdone.

                        At least I can save the rudder and forward top hatch. And I know what I'm doing this time around. Which ought to mean better geometry as well.

                        Live and learn.

                        See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • axeonaliasA
                          axeonalias
                          last edited by

                          Blueprints are priceless ๐Ÿ˜‰

                          https://sketchfab.com/Axeonalias

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • Bryan KB
                            Bryan K
                            last edited by

                            @unknownuser said:

                            Blueprints are priceless ๐Ÿ˜‰

                            ๐Ÿ˜† Right?

                            As with my other exercise models, I only have what I can find on the Internet to work with. Which is fine. It makes me work and focus on the numbers instead of just free-flowing.

                            See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • Bryan KB
                              Bryan K
                              last edited by

                              Watch this space. Going to have another go at this.

                              See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • Bryan KB
                                Bryan K
                                last edited by

                                Here's the plans. From a 1990s design.


                                fig1.gif


                                fig5.gif

                                See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • Bryan KB
                                  Bryan K
                                  last edited by

                                  Preliminary setup. Still need to scale all plans to each other.


                                  catamaran.jpg

                                  See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • ntxdaveN
                                    ntxdave
                                    last edited by

                                    Very interesting. ๐Ÿ‘

                                    Where do you come up with the plans for this type of stuff? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

                                    Press F1...thank me later

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • Bryan KB
                                      Bryan K
                                      last edited by

                                      @ntxdave said:

                                      Very interesting. ๐Ÿ‘

                                      Where do you come up with the plans for this type of stuff? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

                                      Thanks!

                                      I just search google. Sometimes I have to search a lot and even then, I often have to settle for the next best thing of what I had in mind.

                                      See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • Bryan KB
                                        Bryan K
                                        last edited by

                                        Plans now scaled.


                                        catamaran 2.jpg

                                        See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • Bryan KB
                                          Bryan K
                                          last edited by

                                          Roughing in the bulkheads. I have just one bulkhead to go by, so I'll have to fake the rest.


                                          catamaran 3.jpg

                                          See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • Bryan KB
                                            Bryan K
                                            last edited by

                                            Going to be a lot of adjusting before I skin. The hull profile slopes from the top middle down to the ends.

                                            I had to pick this one, didn't I? ๐Ÿ˜† Oh well, it will look more interesting this way.


                                            catamaran 4.jpg

                                            See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 6
                                            • 7
                                            • 8
                                            • 8 / 8
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement