sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Dockable tools for Sketchup

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    26 Posts 19 Posters 8.4k Views 19 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • C
      chrisjk
      last edited by

      Thoughts about what exactly? You'll need to amplify your question.

      Chris

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • C
        caronte01
        last edited by

        I remember the first 2 or three versions of sketchup used dock-able palettes. I still like them better than the floating ones we have now. Have you managed to make them dock again?

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • I
          infact
          last edited by

          Ah, well they can float too. It's a plugin that adds window docking, also lets you "hide" the docked windows as tabs (see screenshot).

          There is still some work to do (saving the window layout .etc), so I wanted to see what people though, and if it was worth continuing development.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • X
            xrok1
            last edited by

            i like it! the tabs are very nice, it would be nice to see a tabbed tool palette on the opposite side, customizable of course. ๐Ÿ˜„

            โ€œThere are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.โ€

            http://www.Twilightrender.com try it!

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • K
              KXI System
              last edited by

              Yes, I would like this...

              Getting the perfect sig is hard...

              Google it!

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • K
                Khai
                last edited by

                and the correct answer is 'gimme! gimme nowwwww!!' ๐Ÿ˜

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • soloS
                  solo
                  last edited by

                  I'll settle for some superglue to keep my existing ones where I leave them.

                  http://www.solos-art.com

                  If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • K
                    KXI System
                    last edited by

                    @solo said:

                    I'll settle for some superglue to keep my existing ones where I leave them.

                    I'm better off with duck tape ๐Ÿ˜†

                    Getting the perfect sig is hard...

                    Google it!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • J
                      jaceguay
                      last edited by

                      Would be excellent. ๐Ÿ’š

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • 3
                        3dbuilder
                        last edited by

                        A solution I have hoped to see is a two-window solution where I can have my drawing window be on one screen, but then have all the other modules docked on a separate window on my second monitor.

                        Just a thought.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • J
                          Jim
                          last edited by

                          Wait, do you mean dockable toolbars, or dockable windows?

                          Many people would really like a solution to lock toolbars (on Windows, at least.)

                          Hi

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • thomthomT
                            thomthom
                            last edited by

                            infact: would it be possible to dock a WebDialog like that?

                            Thomas Thomassen โ€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                            List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • H
                              haynesc
                              last edited by

                              maybe use a similar system to what adobe using with its products ...

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • L
                                liam887
                                last edited by

                                Yeah I would like to have all the tools on my second monitor similar to Photoshop where all the windows just snap together!

                                VISIT MY ONLINE GALLERY
                                http://www.robotsvdinosaurs.com/

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • C
                                  classicalarchitect
                                  last edited by

                                  Is this addon available? If it is I would be very appreciative if someone could show me where to get it. Thanks you.
                                  Good job on the addon by the way.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • GaieusG
                                    Gaieus
                                    last edited by

                                    It seems that the author "infact" has never come back with it (since February!).

                                    I don't know where the project is at right now.

                                    Gai...

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • I
                                      infact
                                      last edited by

                                      Hello,

                                      I had to stop work on the project for a while, but I plan to continue it at some point.

                                      I'm not sure how long it will take to finish, and how long Sketchup will be around for.

                                      Perhaps I'll take a look at it over the next few weeks.

                                      Regards,

                                      infact

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • I
                                        infact
                                        last edited by

                                        @thomthom said:

                                        infact: would it be possible to dock a WebDialog like that?

                                        Yes, all Sketchup dialogs can be made to dock like that.

                                        I'll look at it soon I think!

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • thomthomT
                                          thomthom
                                          last edited by

                                          Any chance we can see an experimental developers version? To poke about in the code?

                                          Thomas Thomassen โ€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                          List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • I
                                            infact
                                            last edited by

                                            @thomthom said:

                                            Any chance we can see an experimental developers version? To poke about in the code?

                                            Yes this is a possibility, but there are some major stability issues that really affect its usability. I will try to fix these and make some sort of "preview" build.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 1 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement