sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [Plugin] CleanUp

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Plugins
    974 Posts 217 Posters 1.2m Views 217 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • tt_suT
      tt_su
      last edited by

      If some edges doesn't erase then it would be either because the connected faces isn't 100% coplanar, or the edge has more than two faces connected.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • K
        korre
        last edited by

        My deepest respect! Thx a Billion!

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • J
          jumpjack
          last edited by

          Thsi plugin looks interesting, but is there a method to stop processing if it takes too long?

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • tt_suT
            tt_su
            last edited by

            Afraid not. ๐Ÿ˜ž

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Dave RD
              Dave R
              last edited by

              If you think the clean up is going to take too long you might limit what gets cleaned to one or two list items at a time. Or run the plugin more often or maybe this would be an incentive to learn to model more cleanly from the beginning.

              Etaoin Shrdlu

              %

              (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

              G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

              M30

              %

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • demD
                dem
                last edited by

                This plugin has become a part of my life!) ๐Ÿ‘

                I want to make the button "repair edges" in the toolbar.
                Please tell, how to type a command to run it in the ruby console? ๐Ÿ˜’

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • 3
                  3rdEye
                  last edited by

                  @flyashy said:

                  While this is a most well-worked plugin, I have a suggestion towards improving it's usability.

                  A lot of times I use an autocad file for reference on a hidden layer to be switched on or off as per need. The plugin treats the dwg lines as lonely edges and erases them. A lot of times I realize that only after a long while when I switch on the layer for reference and find the dwg lines erased. To import and align the dwg again is doable but a bit of bother.
                  The work around I use is to copy the dwg (usually as a group) before clean up operation and paste in place afterwards.

                  I was wondering if the plugin can be made to ignore locked objects as an option. This way, if need be, one could retain 'unclean' elements in the model simply by locking them and then running cleanup while choosing 'ignore locked objects'.
                  Alternately it could be made to ignore hidden layers or something like that.

                  I don't know much about ruby and so don't know if something like that is possible, but I'm sure it would be a useful improvement.

                  Cheers,
                  flyashy

                  I second that request, I just wanted to write the exact same text... ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

                  THX Tom, this is my most used plugin ever!

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • thomthomT
                    thomthom
                    last edited by

                    And how did you install it? Just placing the RBZ in the plugins folder won't do.
                    Here is a general overview: http://www.thomthom.net/thoughts/2012/01/installing-plugins-for-google-sketchup/

                    Thomas Thomassen โ€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                    List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • T
                      towerpower1
                      last edited by

                      Link does not exist! I need a plugin like this now!

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • thomthomT
                        thomthom
                        last edited by

                        @towerpower1 said:

                        Link does not exist! I need a plugin like this now!

                        Sorry, link updated. I'd moved the download to the PluginStore.

                        Thomas Thomassen โ€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                        List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • pbacotP
                          pbacot
                          last edited by

                          Just thought I should note, while looking here. On the Mac Cleanup often makes the paint bucket tool active when done.

                          MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • tt_suT
                            tt_su
                            last edited by

                            Hmm... maybe the paint bucket tool is activated when it set the current material to Default before purging materials... That's unfortunately nothing I can control - provided I keep the feature to purge materials.
                            Though I'm not 100% sure that's the case. I've not seen that. And there is no code that explicitly activates the paint tool.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • J
                              JFarrell_
                              last edited by

                              You need to access your application support folder then find Sketchup in there. Its a hidden file so the easiest way to access it is to right click your finder icon and click 'go to folder...' then input, " ~/Library/Application Support"

                              Find sketchup, find the folder, 'plugins' within it and then paste your .rb into there. Start sketchup again and the extension should be visible.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • G
                                gbu
                                last edited by

                                can someone tell me how to get cleanup for sketchup 7...not 8. I don't seem to be able to find any link anywhere.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • Dave RD
                                  Dave R
                                  last edited by

                                  There's a Download button in the first post of this thread. Click that and then the red Download button on the next page. Change the file's extension to .ZIP, extract the contents of the zip file and place them in the Plugins folder making sure you maintain the file structure. Make sure you also get the TT_Lib support files as indicated in the first post.

                                  Etaoin Shrdlu

                                  %

                                  (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                                  G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                                  M30

                                  %

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • cottyC
                                    cotty
                                    last edited by

                                    ...and you can use the latest one, it should work in SU7 too.

                                    my SketchUp gallery

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • Dave RD
                                      Dave R
                                      last edited by

                                      Following my instructions you'll get the latest version.

                                      Etaoin Shrdlu

                                      %

                                      (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                                      G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                                      M30

                                      %

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • thomthomT
                                        thomthom
                                        last edited by

                                        @gbu said:

                                        can someone tell me how to get cleanup for sketchup 7...not 8. I don't seem to be able to find any link anywhere.

                                        http://www.thomthom.net/thoughts/2012/01/installing-plugins-for-google-sketchup/

                                        Thomas Thomassen โ€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                        List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • G
                                          gbu
                                          last edited by

                                          @thomthom said:

                                          @gbu said:

                                          can someone tell me how to get cleanup for sketchup 7...not 8. I don't seem to be able to find any link anywhere.

                                          http://www.thomthom.net/thoughts/2012/01/installing-plugins-for-google-sketchup/

                                          I know how to install them and to which folder, but can't find a link to download the cleanup file. I can see you refer to it many times in sketchucation but wheres the link to download it?- that is the question. If I try to do it using your software from within sketchup 7 (sketchucation plugin store) all I get is a message saying only valid for version 8.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • massimoM
                                            massimo Moderator
                                            last edited by

                                            Have you read the posts above? (i.e. Dave's one).
                                            -Download the .rbz
                                            -rename it as .zip
                                            -unzip it
                                            -put the content in the plugins folder.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 43
                                            • 44
                                            • 45
                                            • 46
                                            • 47
                                            • 48
                                            • 49
                                            • 45 / 49
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement