sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [Plugin] CleanUp

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Plugins
    974 Posts 217 Posters 1.2m Views 217 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • O
      oggstreamer
      last edited by

      yes - i am one step further. The plugin loads now - but the Plugins->CleanUp3->Clean... shows an empty Windows. Maybe i have to install IExplorer?

      thanks

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • O
        oggstreamer
        last edited by

        I will leave it like that - the Merge Faces and erase hidden geometry works! and thats fine for me

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • thomthomT
          thomthom
          last edited by

          @oggstreamer said:

          yes - i am one step further. The plugin loads now

          πŸ‘ I will add the changes to the next release.

          @oggstreamer said:

          but the Plugins->CleanUp3->Clean... shows an empty Windows. Maybe i have to install IExplorer?

          The window is a webdialog, which under windows use an embedded Internet Explorer window and under OSX it uses an embedded WebKit.
          It's been a while since I tried Ubuntu, but I used to have an old machine with it and I tried SU a couple of times. But I usually got crashes - when I didn't I got problems with webdialogs.

          But not sure what the status is now though - a couple of years later...

          Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
          List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • O
            oggstreamer
            last edited by

            i found a blog about webdialog on wine related to Sketchup:

            Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

            favicon

            (robsworldoftech.blogspot.com)

            maybe it will work this way but i don't have time right now to try it.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • G
              GooUser
              last edited by

              Hello thomthom ! I'm new user of sUP and this forum! Thank you for your work! And sorry for my bad English !

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • F
                finnishXchange
                last edited by

                Thom,

                I am excited to try your program for cleaning up lines in a file imported from autocad. Would you mind explaining how to install the plug-in, or direct me to where I might find a tutorial for that? I'm a new member of this site and the only other plug-in I have used is Kerkythea, so pretty clueless what to do with the rb file after saving it to the desktop. I am using SU version 8 with mac OS x 10.6.8.

                Thanks a lot!

                Troy

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • GaieusG
                  Gaieus
                  last edited by

                  Here are some instructions how to install zipped plugins:
                  http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=323&t=35746

                  Note that for this plugin to work, you will also need to install another plugin library (linked from the first post). That's also zipped so the procedure is the same.

                  Gai...

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • opalO
                    opal
                    last edited by

                    Hello,
                    So.. after the installation of M2, I put tt_cleanup.rb in the brand new plugins folder.. I think the shiny new empty folder confused it.. it's lonesome in there and I'm getting the messages on startup
                    tt?cleanup.rb
                    Error: No such file to load - TT_lib2/core.rb

                    So.. instead of using the copy/paste of the file from the old plugins folder, I came back to this thread and downloaded it again.. same error message.

                    Is there a companion file I'm supposed to download with it?

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • thomthomT
                      thomthom
                      last edited by

                      Yes, TT_Lib2, which is linked from the description in the first post. Above the download link.

                      Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                      List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • opalO
                        opal
                        last edited by

                        hmmm.. I have that one in there

                        I'll take it out and download fresh

                        thank you πŸ˜„

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • thomthomT
                          thomthom
                          last edited by

                          Check how you extracted the files. For each plugin there is a description on how and where the files should be installed. Or even better, if you have SketchUp 8 and updated to the recent M2 update, go to Window > Preferences > Extensions > Install Extension and install the plugins from there. Just select the zip files from the file dialog that appears.

                          Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                          List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • opalO
                            opal
                            last edited by

                            Got it working this morning ty

                            the M2 install from within the program feature doesn't seem to see anything besides file folders and .rbs files. I went to my backup plugins folder to start getting some of the missing most used plugins back after the update from within sketchup and don't see zip or rb files with that tool.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • TIGT
                              TIG Moderator
                              last edited by

                              @unknownuser said:

                              Got it working this morning ty
                              the M2 install from within the program feature doesn't seem to see anything besides file folders and .rbs files. I went to my backup plugins folder to start getting some of the missing most used plugins back after the update from within sketchup and don't see zip or rb files with that tool.
                              The 'button-installer' only works on .RBZ files [which are compressed archives just like .ZIP files]. By default you will only see folders or .RBZ files in the browser that is opened by the button... BUT you can trick it into showing you all file types: type *+<enter> in the file field and all files will now show... find the tool's .ZIP file and install it, it will work just like a .RBZ file... NOTE: it will install any .ZIP file... so ensure that it is a proper tool-set ZIP and not one of your holiday-photos, as they will could be copied into Plugins folder too πŸ˜‰ Also note that picking any other non-compressed archive file type will generate an error...

                              TIG

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • opalO
                                opal
                                last edited by

                                cool.. ty again

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • kingsiK
                                  kingsi
                                  last edited by

                                  I am very new to Sketchup (1st week) and also one of those annoying people that never says thanks on forums. I plan on being neither from now on. So on that note many thanks for the cleanup script

                                  kingsi

                                  Noobtastic

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • thomthomT
                                    thomthom
                                    last edited by

                                    πŸ‘

                                    Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                    List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • B
                                      Boumbastique
                                      last edited by

                                      Zip file don't want to unpack, it says - "unknown format or an error in archive" tt_cleanup.zip 😒 (other zip files works correct on my pc)

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • Rich O BrienR
                                        Rich O Brien Moderator
                                        last edited by

                                        Try downloading again

                                        Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • B
                                          Boumbastique
                                          last edited by

                                          I tried many times, it didn't work, unfortunately.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • B
                                            Boumbastique
                                            last edited by

                                            I have found it on other resource. Work's great. thomthom thank you very much, you're cool man πŸ‘

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 9
                                            • 10
                                            • 11
                                            • 12
                                            • 13
                                            • 48
                                            • 49
                                            • 11 / 49
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement