sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [Plugin] CleanUp

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Plugins
    974 Posts 217 Posters 1.2m Views 217 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • honoluludesktopH
      honoluludesktop
      last edited by

      Opps, added image after your post.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • pilouP
        pilou
        last edited by

        Seems another very useful plug β˜€
        About the Ecuadorian file
        Why not scale the file *10, apply the plug, then scale 1/10 ? πŸ˜‰

        Frenchy Pilou
        Is beautiful that please without concept!
        My Little site :)

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • thomthomT
          thomthom
          last edited by

          @unknownuser said:

          Seems another very useful plug β˜€
          About the Ecuadorian file
          Why not scale the file *10, apply the plug, then scale 1/10 ? πŸ˜‰

          The scale isn't the issue.

          Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
          List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • C
            chango70
            last edited by

            This works very well. I have made Ctrl Shift C short cut for it. Thank you!

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • thomthomT
              thomthom
              last edited by

              @jim said:

              Ack! it doesn't look at materials?
              Oh, and thank you! πŸ‘

              @honoluludesktop said:

              Hi Thomas, I lost a texture from a face in a 61k faces model. BTW what happens when you have coplaner faces with different textures, or images placed on textured faces (say a run on a wood floor). Didn't read all the post, so sorry if already covered.

              Option to respect materials applied added. On by default.

              Ecuadorian:
              I adjusted the tolerance so it shouldn't loose any geometry on the model you sent me. Hopefully it won't loose anything in other models either.
              But there is some cases where which can be removed is left behind. I hope to address this. I figured it's best to be defensive than aggressive.

              Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
              List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • E
                Ecuadorian
                last edited by

                Sounds nice, Thom!
                Perhaps you could give the user two or three threshold options.

                -Miguel Lescano
                Subscribe to my house plans YouTube channel! (30K+ subs)

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • thomthomT
                  thomthom
                  last edited by

                  @ecuadorian said:

                  Sounds nice, Thom!
                  Perhaps you could give the user two or three threshold options.

                  I added an debug option which you can use for now. You can see it in the screenshot.
                  The closer to 1.0 the stricter it is.

                  Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                  List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • thomthomT
                    thomthom
                    last edited by

                    @ecuadorian said:

                    Sounds nice, Thom!
                    Perhaps you could give the user two or three threshold options.

                    As for the model you sent me, you won't have much luck reducing the tolerance because of the threshold where the edges can be removed overlaps. That model is a good example of a troublesome model - I'll try and get some Google heads to comment on what's going on.

                    Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                    List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • I
                      ideas_arte
                      last edited by

                      incredibly helpful, thank you very much πŸ˜„

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • N
                        notareal
                        last edited by

                        πŸ‘

                        Welcome to try Thea Render, Thea support | kerkythea.net -team member

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • thomthomT
                          thomthom
                          last edited by

                          Updated once again.
                          Now has a dialog window where you can set various cleanup operation to be run on the entire model. Settings are persistent per session only.

                          Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                          List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • thomthomT
                            thomthom
                            last edited by

                            😳 minor update to control whether to erase lonely edges or not - and corrected the purge order.

                            Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                            List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • thomthomT
                              thomthom
                              last edited by

                              😳 😳 Yet another bug fix.

                              Ok! Enough! Weekend!

                              Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                              List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • plot-parisP
                                plot-paris
                                last edited by

                                fantastic plugin, Thom,

                                I already had my shortcut Ctrl+Shift+D assigned to the first cleanup-script. but the new one seems to be a lot more powerful. already worked well on models that lost lots of faces when cleaned up in the past.

                                about the threshold: do you think instead (or in addition maybe) to the manual input, would it make sense to have predefined settings, like 'high', 'medium' and 'low'?
                                cause adding nines to the 0.9999 isn't very intuitive... on the other hand. might be a bit too much... πŸ˜•

                                thanks again for the plugin. cleanup is one of the tools that I use most. couldn't live without it!
                                have a nice weekend!

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • FletchF
                                  Fletch
                                  last edited by

                                  this looks killer, ThomThom... sure would have helped a lot with that 3ds Classroom model... I just basically re-built it from scratch instead πŸ˜’

                                  Fletch
                                  3D Modeling addict. Former owner/developer of Twilight Render. sleepinggiantvisual.com

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • majidM
                                    majid
                                    last edited by

                                    πŸ‘ πŸ‘

                                    My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • thomthomT
                                      thomthom
                                      last edited by

                                      @plot-paris said:

                                      about the threshold: do you think instead (or in addition maybe) to the manual input, would it make sense to have predefined settings, like 'high', 'medium' and 'low'?
                                      cause adding nines to the 0.9999 isn't very intuitive... on the other hand. might be a bit too much... πŸ˜•

                                      I'm trying to get hold of feedback from Google which can shed some light on how things works under the hood in SU so I can 100% reliably erase all edges that are coplanar. I want to avoid having to set this tolerance completely.

                                      But until then we have this tolerance. But I do plan on eventually implement a webdialog that will provide a better UI this this. More specifically, giving a better description of the various options as I don't feel the current UI is quite clear on what it do. With webdialogs I can add sliders etc. Will have to see though. I want to try to get feedback from Google before I invest time in that.

                                      Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                      List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • R
                                        rv1974
                                        last edited by

                                        Tom can code! πŸ˜„

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • thomthomT
                                          thomthom
                                          last edited by

                                          I've been testing more models. The tolerance required seem to vary from model to model. At the latest model I tested I had to remove 4 digits from the tolerance to remove all coplanar edges. What's odd is that in other models the same tolerance would cause missing geometry...

                                          Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                          List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • thomthomT
                                            thomthom
                                            last edited by

                                            The model I tried it on has a Sandbox generated terrain and a Revit -> FBX -> 3DS -> SU imported model. I had to lower the tolerance to clean up the Revit model, but the sandbox tool lost some faces... I can't make sense of there numbers I get...

                                            Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                            List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 22
                                            • 23
                                            • 24
                                            • 25
                                            • 26
                                            • 48
                                            • 49
                                            • 24 / 49
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement