sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [Plugin] CleanUp

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Plugins
    974 Posts 217 Posters 1.2m Views 217 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • H
      Harbor
      last edited by

      THanks a lot man, It should be one of the best plugin of SU

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • D
        davery
        last edited by

        Thanks. Greatly appreciated.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Z
          Zacchia
          last edited by

          Can someone please explain what i do when i purge? Do i loose something in model? Please explain with easy words 😎 thanks!

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • thomthomT
            thomthom
            last edited by

            When you add components, materials, styles, layers it remains stored in your model file, even after you are not using that resource any more.
            Purge cleans out any unused component, material, layer or style in your model. That keeps the file size down and you don't have to browse through long lists of needless unused items.

            Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
            List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Z
              Zacchia
              last edited by

              Ah... i understand now, thanks a lot!

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • S
                superian111
                last edited by

                that plug in changed my life you are my freaking hero well done thanks

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • D
                  dedmin
                  last edited by

                  ThomThom.JPG

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • R
                    risoto
                    last edited by

                    sorry about this stupid question but where can i download this cleanup plugin. i am unable to find the download link!

                    Thanks

                    Risoto

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Rich O BrienR
                      Rich O Brien Moderator
                      last edited by

                      Here you go, click this!

                      It's the very first post of this thread. In fact all plugins will be found on the first post of their respective threads

                      Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • G
                        gagabe9
                        last edited by

                        very usful tools, wait for longtime, thanks

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • C
                          Crevard
                          last edited by

                          now i can finally work my things out thanks to you , merging from archicad is not a problem anymore , u rock !!!!!!! πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • Chris FullmerC
                            Chris Fullmer
                            last edited by

                            @thomthom said:

                            Armed with more info from Simone Nicolo I now have a better method for detecting coplanar faces - the same method Sketchup use. I think it's 100% reliable. No more messing about with tolerances.

                            Highly recommended update!

                            Hey Thom, I am having some tolerance problems on a script I'm working on. Comparing Point3d objects. Do you have some insight that might help me make my comparisons more stable?

                            Lately you've been tan, suspicious for the winter.
                            All my Plugins I've written

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • Chris FullmerC
                              Chris Fullmer
                              last edited by

                              Oh darn, I see the solution you are using really is specifically for face co-planar-ness detection. So it will not help with my point comparison. I do have 3 points though, and they should all be on the same line. So maybe I can use the same concept, and test if all 3 are on the same line, instead of just tesing if 2 of them are identical. I'll let you know how it goes.

                              Chris

                              Lately you've been tan, suspicious for the winter.
                              All my Plugins I've written

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • thomthomT
                                thomthom
                                last edited by

                                @chris fullmer said:

                                Oh darn, I see the solution you are using really is specifically for face co-planar-ness detection. So it will not help with my point comparison. I do have 3 points though, and they should all be on the same line. So maybe I can use the same concept, and test if all 3 are on the same line, instead of just tesing if 2 of them are identical. I'll let you know how it goes.

                                Chris

                                They should be on the same line - and two are identical? On the same place?

                                Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • Chris FullmerC
                                  Chris Fullmer
                                  last edited by

                                  I've found my tolerance flaw - it is my brain's intolerance for writing code til 4:00 in the morning. I am not having tolerance flaws, but I was having classify_point mis-use issues. I am getting closer to figuring it out.

                                  Chris

                                  Lately you've been tan, suspicious for the winter.
                                  All my Plugins I've written

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • B
                                    Ben Ritter
                                    last edited by

                                    Does this script erase co-linear lines or lines on top of each other?

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • thomthomT
                                      thomthom
                                      last edited by

                                      ? Edges on top of another edge? Is that pre SU7 models?

                                      Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                      List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • B
                                        Ben Ritter
                                        last edited by

                                        @thomthom said:

                                        ? Edges on top of another edge? Is that pre SU7 models?

                                        It's an imported .dwg file into an SU8 model.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • J
                                          Jim
                                          last edited by

                                          Thom, could you explain what the option "ignore normals" means?

                                          Hi

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • thomthomT
                                            thomthom
                                            last edited by

                                            @jim said:

                                            Thom, could you explain what the option "ignore normals" means?

                                            "Normal" - refers to the direction of the face. You can have two co-planar faces next to each other, but one facing up, and one facing down. When "Ignore Normals" is enabled it means that coplanar faces with inverse normals will be merged.

                                            This is something I hope to be able to improve in V3 - better descriptions.

                                            Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                            List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 41
                                            • 42
                                            • 43
                                            • 44
                                            • 45
                                            • 48
                                            • 49
                                            • 43 / 49
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement