sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Looking for a tutorial for drawing a flower

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    14 Posts 9 Posters 4.5k Views 9 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • D
      d12dozr
      last edited by

      Here are a couple links to help you model irregular surfaces in sketchup:

      This site is FULL of excellent tips, tricks, and methods:
      http://sites.google.com/site/sketchupsage/tips-tricks

      3D Printing with SketchUp Book
      http://goo.gl/f7ooYh

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • D
        d12dozr
        last edited by

        😲 Wow, Johnny, that's really good...thanks for your ideas!

        3D Printing with SketchUp Book
        http://goo.gl/f7ooYh

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Mike LuceyM
          Mike Lucey
          last edited by

          Thanks for doing the Tut Jean. Hey! you 'squeezed' a lot of petals in there 😉

          Support us so we can support you! Upgrade to Premium Membership!

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • O
            Oma
            last edited by

            thanks you for the tut. I now have some reading to do to figure out how to do each of these steps. It will take me a bit but to get my flower done but now I at least know the proper sequence.

            thanks ever so much

            ciao OMA

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • mitcorbM
              mitcorb
              last edited by

              Just an observation here. I tried to download Jean Lemire's flower.skp
              I cannot open it, because it requires Sketchup 7.1
              I do not currently have 7.1
              This may be a difficulty for others, also.

              I take the slow, deliberate approach in my aimless wandering.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Jean LemireJ
                Jean Lemire
                last edited by

                Hi Oma, hi folks.

                See this SU file for ideas.


                Flower.skp

                Jean (Johnny) Lemire from Repentigny, Quebec, Canada.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • GaieusG
                  Gaieus
                  last edited by

                  SU 7.0 should open SU 7.1 files just fine. I've "downgraded" the file above to version 6 however.

                  Gai...

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Jean LemireJ
                    Jean Lemire
                    last edited by

                    Hi Gaieus, hi folks.

                    Thanks, I am so used with SU 7 now that I have forgotten that some peoples are still using SU 6.

                    Best regards.

                    Jean (Johnny) Lemire from Repentigny, Quebec, Canada.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • AnssiA
                      Anssi
                      last edited by

                      Thanks Jean,

                      I love your modeling tutorials. It's like being a small kid again, watching as my father started to shape something out of a small piece of wood or tin, wondering what it would become, and usually it became something totally unexpected...

                      Anssi

                      securi adversus homines, securi adversus deos rem difficillimam adsecuti sunt, ut illis ne voto quidem opus esset

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • W
                        wayne06oh
                        last edited by

                        Hi Jean I cant seem to get to step 8 as the program says there is a limit problem. how do i get through that??

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1 / 1
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Buy SketchPlus
                        Buy SUbD
                        Buy WrapR
                        Buy eBook
                        Buy Modelur
                        Buy Vertex Tools
                        Buy SketchCuisine
                        Buy FormFonts

                        Advertisement