sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    SketchUp 7.1?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    151 Posts 68 Posters 57.1k Views 68 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • honoluludesktopH
      honoluludesktop
      last edited by

      I wounder how long it will take for an intense SU user to use up the current speed increase ?-)

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • E
        Ecuadorian
        last edited by

        It has halted several times already with only 4,900 trees in the scene.

        -Miguel Lescano
        Subscribe to my house plans YouTube channel! (30K+ subs)

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Mike LuceyM
          Mike Lucey
          last edited by

          Only 4,900! Damn useless application. I must write a strong letter to Google 😞

          Support us so we can support you! Upgrade to Premium Membership!

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • AndrewSA
            AndrewS
            last edited by

            @remus said:

            @wacov said:

            I really noticed the speed increase, especially with textures on. Seems strange they didn't do this before 😕

            It does take time you know.

            😆

            Andrew S.
            SketchUp Release Engineer

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • J
              jeff jacobs
              last edited by

              Try changing the size of the smoove tool on a mac.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • arail1A
                arail1
                last edited by

                Very happy! I've been working on a project for one of the NY department stores with a large SketchUp model they supplied. Even after stripping it down for them I was having a hard time moving it around. Just opened it and it spins like a top!

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • arail1A
                  arail1
                  last edited by

                  And both modo and SketchUp are actively working on Collada support so hopefully the pipeline between the two programs will be improved -
                  http://forums.luxology.com/discussion/topic.aspx?id=39580&show=collada%20beta

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • R
                    remus
                    last edited by

                    Any particular issues? anything reproducable? oh and what OS are you using?

                    http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • arail1A
                      arail1
                      last edited by

                      Yes, please clarify.
                      I haven't had any issues but I'd like to be on the look out for problems I haven't yet encountered. Forewarned is better than surprised.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Chris FullmerC
                        Chris Fullmer
                        last edited by

                        I agree, I'be had no issues with the new version. Its stable and working great in all aspects of how I use SU. Please always give some precise details about what your experiencing. Its easier to help troublshoot that way 😄

                        Chris

                        Lately you've been tan, suspicious for the winter.
                        All my Plugins I've written

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • AndrewSA
                          AndrewS
                          last edited by

                          @fletch said:

                          Great work Google SketchUp team, and all beta testers hard at work back there... SketchUp just took a giant leap for me today. 👍 👍

                          Fletch,
                          Thanks for the kind words. The SCF forums here are filled with particularly advanced SketchUp users and have lots of opinions about what they want to see in an upgrade. As such, it's not often that we get such uplifting responses. I'm glad to hear it's working well for you!

                          Andrew S.
                          SketchUp Release Engineer

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • AndrewSA
                            AndrewS
                            last edited by

                            @unknownuser said:

                            I can honestly say I have never had as many issues with any previous version of sketchup, I am on the verge of walking away from this program for good. I have not got a single item completed and system stability is also now suspect. I really have had enough of this and then some.

                            Mike,

                            I believe SU 7.1 is the most advanced and most stable verison of SketchUp I have had a part in producing. Based on the number and type of BugSplat reports we are receiving and the general feedback seen in the forums, I believe the statistics back that statement.

                            I, and I'm sure many others, would be interested to hear the specific types of problems you are encountering, the platform you're working on, etc. A few people have found that problems with their hardware or video drivers caused instability with SU 7.1 until those were upgraded, but then the problems have gone away. There are a wide variety of things we could try to do to help if you are willing to post some of the details of your experiences.

                            Best of luck.

                            Andrew S.
                            SketchUp Release Engineer

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • michaliszissiouM
                              michaliszissiou
                              last edited by

                              Sandbox does not work on MACOSX 10.5.8. Ups major bug.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • P
                                phy
                                last edited by

                                I really like speed increase in 7.1. Good work developers.

                                @michaliszissiou said:

                                Sandbox does not work on MACOSX 10.5.8. Ups major bug.

                                Did you enable the sand-box extension?

                                Tableau de comparaison de Staxyn s'agit d'un mГ©dicament uniquement sur ordonnance.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • michaliszissiouM
                                  michaliszissiou
                                  last edited by

                                  Sorry, I mean that I can't change parameters, so sandbox became useless.

                                  But I'm not the only one.

                                  @jeff jacobs said:

                                  Try changing the size of the smoove tool on a mac.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • P
                                    phy
                                    last edited by

                                    The VCB or parameter box is disabled by default; try this command to enable it:
                                    enableVCB
                                    place it in the WebConsole
                                    click eval and restart sketchup, it should work.

                                    I had to do this to get mine to work too.

                                    Tableau de comparaison de Staxyn s'agit d'un mГ©dicament uniquement sur ordonnance.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • michaliszissiouM
                                      michaliszissiou
                                      last edited by

                                      Its simply not working. Thanks anyway. Maybe google should fix this major bug, otherwise its really useless for me.
                                      BTW this webconsole doesn't seem to work.

                                      update:

                                      Re: Problem with specifying measurement when drawing
                                      by bjanzen on Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:00 pm

                                      Yea, on PC, the Measurements box never gets highlighted, and for some reason on Mac, it does and then doesn't accept input. You can make it go away by tabbing out of the Measurements box or making sure it isn't highlighted. We're looking at it.

                                      b

                                      (see, I can forget "VCB" if I want too)

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • jim smithJ
                                        jim smith
                                        last edited by

                                        I've been working on a project that has pushed SU 7.0 quite a bit. The task is to show potential storefront upgrades for two block of the Griffith Indiana downtown. The model for just the existing buildings grew so much I had to split it into separate blocks and only one side per file. The restored storefront versions are 70 to 80 Megs each. After upgrading to 7.1,I can now orbit and move around without taking a coffee break each time. Quite a bit of difference. I was a bit scared upgrading in the middle of a project like this, especially reading some of the horror stories on a few previous posts. So far, it has worked well, but I still have had several crashes but have not lost much. I assumed that models this large might tend to freeze up so I save often. Saves are quicker too. I havent tested the other upgrades and only briefly played with LO 2.1.

                                        One issue I have noticed - in 7.0 and 7.1, after working on a model for a couple of hours, I notice that it becomes more prone to freezing up and notice that when selecting components, it will suddenly not alllow me to change to a different component folder. If I am in "Trees" I cant switch over to a "shrubs" folder etc. Then I know it is time for a save and I will end and restart GSU. All is normal after that - for a few hours.

                                        Overall -I am pleased --- but--- still would like the back button on components!


                                        Existing street view using photo texturing and google earth


                                        Conceptual storefront upgrades-straight SU modeling no post work

                                        "Out of clutter find simplicity,
                                        from discord find harmony,
                                        In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity"
                                        Albert Einstein

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • massimoM
                                          massimo Moderator
                                          last edited by

                                          @unknownuser said:

                                          Overall -I am pleased --- but--- still would like the back button on components!

                                          Jim, you have that in 7.1. 😄


                                          ScreenHunter_02 Sep. 27 19.40.jpg

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • jim smithJ
                                            jim smith
                                            last edited by

                                            @massimo said:

                                            @unknownuser said:

                                            Overall -I am pleased --- but--- still would like the back button on components!

                                            Jim, you have that in 7.1. 😄

                                            Thanks Massimo - been so involved in the project I didn't notice

                                            "Out of clutter find simplicity,
                                            from discord find harmony,
                                            In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity"
                                            Albert Einstein

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 6
                                            • 7
                                            • 8
                                            • 6 / 8
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement