sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Materials Reappearing

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Bug Reporting
    sketchup
    44 Posts 12 Posters 7.6k Views 12 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • boofredlayB
      boofredlay
      last edited by

      I am thinking it is a plugin as well. However I have not installed anything new in the time this has started happening. Nor did I update to a new build of SU (if there is one). The only thing that I remember changing is adding a keyboard shortcut to the purge and weld ruby scripts. Maybe that is it? I don't think it would do me any good uploading an offending file as it is happening with any file I open. Pre or Post problem.

      Edit: I just removed both those shortcuts, saved the file I had open and closed SU. Opened SU again and the problem persists. This has me stumped.

      http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • GaieusG
        Gaieus
        last edited by

        This is very interesting (though I can imagine that irritating as well). If you purge the model and save the file, after closing and reopening SU how could it "remember"?

        Can you upload a very simple example here (a purged model which I could then try to open)?

        Plus another idea: try to upload it to the Warehouse. It then will ask you if you want to purge the model. Let it purge and share the link here so that we can have a look.

        Gai...

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • boofredlayB
          boofredlay
          last edited by

          There are 6 materials in this file that I purged prior to saving and closing.
          Tell me if you see them or not.


          YoYo.skp

          http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • GaieusG
            Gaieus
            last edited by

            These are the materials I can see in there (obviously not 6 altogether)


            Mats.png

            Gai...

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • boofredlayB
              boofredlay
              last edited by

              Odd, this is what I see.
              Materials.jpg

              I will restart my computer and see if that helps.

              http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • GaieusG
                Gaieus
                last edited by

                Don't you, by any chance, have a component in there (maybe reloaded for some nasty reasons) bearing those materials? It seems really weird.

                Gai...

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • boofredlayB
                  boofredlay
                  last edited by

                  Nope, no components there. You can see it for yourself in the file.
                  When I purge and save there is only the one subsurf component and no "extra" materials.
                  Then I open and there they are again.

                  And restarting my computer did not help.

                  http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • boofredlayB
                    boofredlay
                    last edited by

                    And again, I can purge and save as version 6 and the materials are still there when I open in version 6. But if I have version 6 open, purge and save they go away. I can open in version 6 and no materials but if I open it in version 7 they are there again... even after purging and saving in version 6. πŸ˜• πŸ˜• πŸ˜•

                    This is definitely a SU7 anomaly.

                    I even checked my task manager to see if a ghost version of SU was running in the background and there is not.

                    http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • thomthomT
                      thomthom
                      last edited by

                      Only two subsurf materials here on the laptop I'm using right now. Pretty sure it's a plugin you got.
                      What are the names of the materials? (toggle to list view and take a screenshot?) Maybe the names gives a clue.

                      Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                      List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • boofredlayB
                        boofredlay
                        last edited by

                        No clues there. They are from the "Colors-Named" pallet.


                        Materials2.jpg

                        http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • boofredlayB
                          boofredlay
                          last edited by

                          Man, this really has me stumped. SU7 is retaining this information somehow. The only plugins I have installed recently have been cutlist and cleanup model but both of those were months ago and this problem just started a couple days ago. And yes, it is getting really annoying 😞

                          http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • GaieusG
                            Gaieus
                            last edited by

                            Are they always the same materials? Can you upload a model with them included? (Hope my machine doesn't get infected... πŸ˜„ )

                            Gai...

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • J
                              Jim
                              last edited by

                              You didn't happen to do anything with making it a Dynamic Component? I remember DC's have an odd way of handling materials.

                              Hi

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • boofredlayB
                                boofredlay
                                last edited by

                                Gai, yes they are always the same materials.

                                Jim, I have done nothing with DC's.

                                http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • boofredlayB
                                  boofredlay
                                  last edited by

                                  In another file I imported a jpeg as an image (not a material) and then later deleted it. Then I purged as normal, saved and closed. When I opened the file that image was reloaded as a material. I never exploded the image, just used it as a reference then deleted it.

                                  http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • honoluludesktopH
                                    honoluludesktop
                                    last edited by

                                    Couldn't be as simple as opening the backup file?-) For myself, been their done that πŸ˜‰

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • GaieusG
                                      Gaieus
                                      last edited by

                                      I've also thought about that but to tell the truth, I didn't dare to mention it to Eric. 😳
                                      And then again, he uploaded the skp file here, too.

                                      Gai...

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • boofredlayB
                                        boofredlay
                                        last edited by

                                        Nope, if I open the backup I get the same thing.
                                        What is odd is that I uploaded a file and Gai is not getting the extra materials, only me. So something on my end is going loco.

                                        I ran CCleaner and Defragler then restarted. Still not working right. 😐
                                        And again, it is happening on all the files I have tried, not just the one I uploaded here.

                                        http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • jcdbJ
                                          jcdb
                                          last edited by

                                          http://images.tvrage.com/shows/7/6487.jpg

                                          http://www.acustombuilder.com

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • thomthomT
                                            thomthom
                                            last edited by

                                            @unknownuser said:

                                            Nope, if I open the backup I get the same thing.
                                            What is odd is that I uploaded a file and Gai is not getting the extra materials, only me. So something on my end is going loco.

                                            I ran CCleaner and Defragler then restarted. Still not working right. 😐
                                            And again, it is happening on all the files I have tried, not just the one I uploaded here.

                                            What is you temporarily disable all plugins? (Rename the plugins folder might work?)

                                            Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                            List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 3 / 3
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement