sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [Plugin] UV Toolkit

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Plugins
    377 Posts 86 Posters 398.6k Views 86 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • R
      rayisaacs
      last edited by

      thanks. it works now.

      ray

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • K
        karllarsen
        last edited by

        DOES NOT INSTALL

        Your rbz file installs your library folder in the plugin directory but does NOT include or install the rb file in the plugin folder...

        I know I know - SU8Pro Win7 64bit

        Less is more.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • thomthomT
          thomthom
          last edited by

          The files are all there in the RBZ file. SketchUp does the extraction and installation of the files - so I have no control over that.

          Could this be a permission problem?
          Do you have a user account or admin account? Do you have UAC enabled or disabled?
          Have you tried running SU as admin when installing the plugins?

          Thomas Thomassen โ€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
          List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • CarlohC
            Carloh
            last edited by

            hello thom,
            first i'd like to thank you for your plugin! somehow i don't get the uv restore to work...i draw a quadface plane, than go into the group, hit "remember uv", model it with the sandbox forming tool, than hit "restore uv" , and nothing happens? is it because i' working in the group or what could be the problem?

            thanks in advance! ๐Ÿ˜„

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • thomthomT
              thomthom
              last edited by

              Can you post a sample model? Bonus points if you post a small video clip of what you do.

              Thomas Thomassen โ€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
              List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • H
                HASIAH
                last edited by

                Hello Thom,

                Please I have been trying to install UV Toolkit but it is not showing in my google sketchup pro 8. I downloaded the softaware...google sketchup 8>plugins but it still not showing in sketchup when I start.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • TIGT
                  TIG Moderator
                  last edited by

                  @Hasiah

                  Have you also downloaded/installed the TT_Lib2 as instructed on this tool's download page...
                  Have you definitely installed everything with the exact 'footprint' for files and subfolders, as also explained on that page?

                  TIG

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • thomthomT
                    thomthom
                    last edited by

                    Ditto what the tiger said.

                    Thomas Thomassen โ€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                    List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • CarlohC
                      Carloh
                      last edited by

                      i will post the model shortly when i have a little freetime during writing my bachelor thesis ๐Ÿ˜„

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • CarlohC
                        Carloh
                        last edited by

                        i gave it another try at my desktop pc with windows 7 and it worked! somehow it has to be something with OS X then....

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • thomthomT
                          thomthom
                          last edited by

                          hm... should be working fine on both system though...

                          Thomas Thomassen โ€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                          List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • DesertRavenD
                            DesertRaven
                            last edited by

                            @gaieus said:

                            I am not the man of words,

                            Would it make sense to create an arched texture and map it just flat on to your arch instead?

                            simplicity is the ultimate sophistication

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • J
                              jctiv4
                              last edited by

                              Hello,

                              I am having an issue using his plug in
                              I open sketch up and it reads:

                              "Error Loading File C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/TT_UV_Toolkit/loader.rb
                              no such file to load -- TT_Lib2/core.rbError Loading File tt_uv_toolkit_2.rb
                              no such file to load -- TT_Lib2/core.rb"

                              I think I put everything in the right place but its not working. I am using windows 7 can you help?

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • TIGT
                                TIG Moderator
                                last edited by

                                You have not installed the supporting 'Lib' as directed on the plugins main page...
                                If you think you have installed it and there are still errors, then check your Plugins folder's security permissions are set to FULL and retry the installation...
                                There are many other threads covering security permissions etc in very great detail...

                                TIG

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • J
                                  jumpjack
                                  last edited by

                                  I have a 3d model which has colours but no textures... at least, I can't see any texture upon exporting it in Collada (.dae) format.
                                  But I need a texture file to convert to VRML and to be able to upload file to Shapeways.
                                  Can I use this plugin to obtain a texture map from my colors?
                                  If not, how can I accomplish this task?

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • john2J
                                    john2
                                    last edited by

                                    I'm getting the following error

                                    Error Loading File tt_uv_toolkit_2.rb
                                    Error: C:/Users/john2/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/tt_uv_toolkit_2.rb:48: invalid multibyte char (UTF-8)
                                    C:/Users/john2/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/tt_uv_toolkit_2.rb:54: syntax error, unexpected tCONSTANT, expecting keyword_end
                                    loader = File.join( path, 'TT_UV_Toolkit', 'loader.rb' )

                                    Sketchup Make 2017 (64-bit), Vray 4.0 , Windows 10 โ€“ 64 bit, corei7-8750H, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • TIGT
                                      TIG Moderator
                                      last edited by

                                      @John2

                                      I posted a similar response to you in another thread. ๐Ÿ˜’
                                      Do not copy plugins files/libs from an earlier SketchUp version.
                                      Install the newest available ones - available from the PluginStore - they have been updated to suit v2014 ! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

                                      TIG

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • speedjunkieS
                                        speedjunkie
                                        last edited by

                                        Hi, I'm using UV toolkit with FredoScale for game modelling.
                                        I've noticed that when I export the model(to dae), I get one texture for each quad face. I'm making a city model and this results in thousands of textures... Is this just how the plugin works or is it something I can do about it?
                                        Edit: Never mind, Just found out that the faces has to be triangels...

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • speedjunkieS
                                          speedjunkie
                                          last edited by

                                          If I open a model made with skp 2013 and an earlier version of UV toolkit(and TT_lib) and try to edit the UV-mapping in Skp 2015 with the most recent UV-toolkit and TT lib , will the UV-mapping get messed up?

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • thomthomT
                                            thomthom
                                            last edited by

                                            No - should act the same. Are you seeing otherwise?

                                            Thomas Thomassen โ€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                            List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 15
                                            • 16
                                            • 17
                                            • 18
                                            • 19
                                            • 18 / 19
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement