sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Column capital

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    48 Posts 6 Posters 5.2k Views 6 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • K
      Kus
      last edited by

      well the problem is, that I am really new to the rendering stuff... and the textures that SU has just don't look good... maybe where could I find that kind of texture??

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • D
        dylan
        last edited by

        Many links to textures in our Materials forum:
        http://www.sketchucation.com/forums/scf/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=486

        http://dmdarchitecture.co.uk/

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • K
          Kus
          last edited by

          great... i have downloaded 1 pack... now I opened SU and found the folder. But it is empty... why is that...

          the folder does not have any other folders in, only many GTX files

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • GaieusG
            Gaieus
            last edited by

            Kus,

            What folder did you download? (I.e. how could we know what you have the problem with)?

            Gai...

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • K
              Kus
              last edited by

              o sorry... downloaded in: Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/ Sketchup/Materials

              I am on a Mac...

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • GaieusG
                Gaieus
                last edited by

                But what did you download? GTX is not an image format nor a sketchup material format.

                Gai...

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • K
                  Kus
                  last edited by

                  I downloaded it from here http://www.spiralgraphics.biz/packs/download.htm

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • GaieusG
                    Gaieus
                    last edited by

                    OK, that's for Genetica - a texture generator software. There is a free viewer for it (where you can load these textures and export "usable" formats).

                    Cool app, BTW - and the "real" product, the editor is worth every penny.

                    Gai...

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • K
                      Kus
                      last edited by

                      ok... i have the textures... now I would only need some vegetation on it... how do I do that??... the main problem is that nothing doesn't "fit"

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • GaieusG
                        Gaieus
                        last edited by

                        I think the best would be to download some vegetation (like ivy) images with transparent background and place them onto a billboard face in front of the capital. This would also make sure that it looks realistic (the leaves are a bit farther from the capital instead of being "painted" on it)

                        Gai...

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • K
                          Kus
                          last edited by

                          Great now I am done with that thx!!... but for the same project I would like to make some drawings on a sphere. I downloaded the Surface Tool but when I start up SU this comes up

                          no such file to load -- /Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/Plugins/BZ_Dir_12/bezierspline_main.rbError Loading File bezierspline.rb
                          no such file to load -- /Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/Plugins/BZ_Dir_12/bezierspline_main.rb
                          

                          I downloaded the plugin into /Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/Plugins; and I didn't change the name of the folder, but it is named: ToolsOnSurface_131-1

                          what should I do??

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • GaieusG
                            Gaieus
                            last edited by

                            Obviously something is missing from Fredo's plugins (or someother plugin that would be needed). You'd better post this in the Ruby forum because the folks there may know what to do.

                            Gai...

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • GaieusG
                              Gaieus
                              last edited by

                              Hm. The image doesn't want to load - I can't really compare. Why don't you attach it to the post instead?

                              Gai...

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • K
                                Kus
                                last edited by

                                OK... I didn't get it working... so I decided to go another way... Here You see a picture that I have made (the finished project must be clean). But when I compare my birds to the 1 on the picture bellow they are pretty different. How can I make them more alike? The main problem are the visible edges.

                                20090416001300_12s.png

                                poljane-logotip-rumen.JPG


                                poljanci.skp

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • K
                                  Kus
                                  last edited by

                                  i did that... hope that it is fixed

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • GaieusG
                                    Gaieus
                                    last edited by

                                    Now this is definitely a question of the segmentation of curves. With more segments, your design would be much more "smooth" and similar to that of the image.

                                    I saw you post your question in the ruby forum (hope someone will answer - I don't have that plugin currently installed). What exactly did you try to achieve with it?

                                    Gai...

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • K
                                      Kus
                                      last edited by

                                      well I wanted to make a school-boy smilie, that would fit in to the context that I need to fill... well I went with the school logo but I don't know how to make it smoother... I heard of CAD importing, but I don't know how...

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • K
                                        Kus
                                        last edited by

                                        i guess that I need to import a dwg image... but how to I make a jpg file a dwg one??

                                        http://www.gimnazija-poljane.com/P/LogoGimp.png?pic=5

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • GaieusG
                                          Gaieus
                                          last edited by

                                          You can either use software that "converts" raster images to vector images (Google some and find out which suites you) or use curves (arcs, beziers etc.) with higher line segments than what you are currently using when tracing around your image.

                                          Gai...

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • TIGT
                                            TIG Moderator
                                            last edited by

                                            @kus said:

                                            i guess that I need to import a dwg image... but how to I make a jpg file a dwg one??

                                            http://www.gimnazija-poljane.com/P/LogoGimp.png?pic=5

                                            wintopo free did this quickly - you'll see it's all 'steppy' because of the raster pixels becoming lines... You could quickly redraw over it to improve it before importing to SUp...Image of DWG convertionImage of DWG imported into SKP pushpulledDWG inside zip fileSKP with DWG imported

                                            TIG

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 2 / 3
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement