sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Fonts (bit urgent)...

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    9 Posts 3 Posters 1.1k Views 3 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • G
      gaucho
      last edited by

      When I'm going to place a 3d text in a model, SU gives me a serie of fonts for it.
      Does anyone know how can I change this fonts? to include more options?

      Thanks in advance!

      "eat well, stay fit, die anyway..."

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • thomthomT
        thomthom
        last edited by

        Download and install more.

        http://www.myfonts.com/
        http://www.dafonts.com/
        http://www.larabiefonts.com/

        Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
        List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • G
          gaucho
          last edited by

          That was a quick one!

          Do you meant to install more in my standard windows folder?

          I have loads of it.. But I think the SU is not reading it.. is it possible?

          "eat well, stay fit, die anyway..."

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • thomthomT
            thomthom
            last edited by

            Maybe. Windows makes use of many different font types, not sure what SU support. But as long as they are TrueType or OpenType I think it should work.

            Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
            List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • thomthomT
              thomthom
              last edited by

              And yes, your Windows Font folder.

              Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
              List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • G
                gaucho
                last edited by

                ok.. thanks mate.

                Is probably something wrong with SU then.. because I use all the font in other softwares with no problems...

                I'll try to reinstall maybe...

                "eat well, stay fit, die anyway..."

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • GaieusG
                  Gaieus
                  last edited by

                  SU doesn't support all font types. AFAIK it does True Type but I'm not sure. There are very very few fonts that support Hungarian characters anyway so I gave up playing with them a long time ago (I just think I remember reading this about True Type somewhere).

                  Gai...

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • thomthomT
                    thomthom
                    last edited by

                    TrueType and OpenTypes appears. I have many myself.

                    What kind of fonts is it that you have but don't appear in SketchUp? Could it be that it's raster based font you are trying to use?

                    Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                    List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • G
                      gaucho
                      last edited by

                      I don't know why... what I've done is before trying to reinstall the SU, reinstall the fonts.

                      I just took them all off the folder, then installed them back again. (took a few minutes, but ok)
                      Windows restarted, Done! Is working fine now...

                      Thanks guys!

                      "eat well, stay fit, die anyway..."

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      • 1 / 1
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      Buy SketchPlus
                      Buy SUbD
                      Buy WrapR
                      Buy eBook
                      Buy Modelur
                      Buy Vertex Tools
                      Buy SketchCuisine
                      Buy FormFonts

                      Advertisement