sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Zooming through objects?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    7 Posts 5 Posters 1.2k Views 5 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • N
      nednarb
      last edited by

      I was wondering if there was any way to accelerate the zoom function. Often if I need to zoom through an objects surface I have to scroll the wheel 10 times or so, just to get through. There should be a key you can hold down which will help you zoom through an object. Does anyone else experience frustration with this?

      -nednarb

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • R
        remus
        last edited by

        You could always delete the face, zoom through and then use ctrl-z to get it back again.

        http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • N
          nednarb
          last edited by

          not bad...

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • H
            HFM
            last edited by

            The trick I used is to get close to the surface then click the scroll, move trough the surface side-ways and once inside zoom further

            since I got a 3dconnexion space navigator that got a hell of a lot easier ^^

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • plot-parisP
              plot-paris
              last edited by

              @hfm said:

              get close to the surface then click the scroll, move trough the surface side-ways

              thats how I do it too.

              but every time I need to do that, I curse myself for having manoeuvred myself in that situation in the first place.
              I am getting better and better in evading it though

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • H
                HFM
                last edited by

                @plot-paris said:

                @hfm said:

                get close to the surface then click the scroll, move trough the surface side-ways

                thats how I do it too.

                but every time I need to do that, I curse myself for having manoeuvred myself in that situation in the first place.
                I am getting better and better in evading it though

                Yes, the best way I found to evade this 'problem' is by always working in layers

                keeps te model clean

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • GaieusG
                  Gaieus
                  last edited by

                  or use section planes.

                  Gai...

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0

                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                  Register Login
                  • 1 / 1
                  • First post
                    Last post
                  Buy SketchPlus
                  Buy SUbD
                  Buy WrapR
                  Buy eBook
                  Buy Modelur
                  Buy Vertex Tools
                  Buy SketchCuisine
                  Buy FormFonts

                  Advertisement