sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    How to make a waterfall?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    43 Posts 16 Posters 15.9k Views 16 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • A
      alpro
      last edited by

      3eighty could you post a link for the free Bryce 5.5, I couldn't find it on the DAZ site. TIA

      Mike

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • EdsonE
        Edson
        last edited by

        yes, mike, quite a nice response. i have sent you a PM with my email so that you can send me the skippy when you are done.

        cheers.

        edson mahfuz, architect| porto alegre β€’ brasil
        http://www.mahfuz.arq.br

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • A
          alpro
          last edited by

          Thanks Frederick, I used Podium. BTW, I'm looking forward to the KT release, haven't really used KT much because I was such a rendering newbie but the new release looks awesome. Will mail you the skp, can't believe this has generated such interest as it seems pretty easy.

          Mike

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • T
            tomsdesk
            last edited by

            Edson, no didn't forget...though I do try too (I started a really complicated rendition and figured out how to make them reasonable size-wise, about a meg, and close-up good looking, but now remains the tedium of work to complete :`) I'll get there, and hopefully they'll be worth the wait.

            Mike, no limit on Kelly's server...but if you'd rather, and have the time, please email to me too: tomsdrop (at) swbell (dot) net

            http://www.tomsdesk.moonfruit.com/
            2.5D Trees & Shrubs!

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • FrederikF
              Frederik
              last edited by

              Thanks, Mike! πŸ˜„
              Much appreciated..!!
              And we also look forward to the new release... And don't worry about things... We have made plenty of video- and pdf-tutorials which will guide you through things... πŸ˜‰

              Cheers
              Kim Frederik

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Alan FraserA
                Alan Fraser
                last edited by

                You can go a long way just in SU by using some png files. The surface tension will tend to pull the ends in slightly too.


                Water features.jpg

                3D Figures
                Were you required to walk 500 miles? Were you advised to walk 500 more?
                You could be entitled to compensation. Call the Pro Claimers now!

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • FrederikF
                  Frederik
                  last edited by

                  That's right, Alan...
                  But unfortunately you can't get a real nice render with these "manipulated" models... πŸ˜‰

                  Cheers
                  Kim Frederik

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • 3
                    3eighty
                    last edited by

                    Alpro> (And all others)..Here is the link for Bryce 5.5..Got any questions feel free to ask..
                    http://www.download.com/Bryce/3000-6677_4-10696716.html πŸ‘ Seems you will have to type the link in..If it doesn't work again..Simply do a Google for "Daz Bryce 5.5 free"
                    and the link is there..Sorry

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • soloS
                      solo
                      last edited by

                      Interesting challenge this, I have done water with ripples but never a waterfall.
                      I will give it a go after my current project. (SU my favourite toy)

                      http://www.solos-art.com

                      If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • soloS
                        solo
                        last edited by

                        Okay I found some time this Saturday morning to play with my favorite app.

                        First a quick setup screen capture of the hidden lines.


                        http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/6045/waterfallscreengrabzk0.jpg


                        http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/5012/waterfall1gj1.jpg

                        And then the rendering with bumped textures.


                        http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/9619/watertestfallyc8.jpg

                        If I took more time with the mesh manipulation, texturing and vegetation layout I am sure I could reach a higher level of realism, but this is just a waterfall test and I got work to do 😒

                        http://www.solos-art.com

                        If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • F
                          fbartels
                          last edited by

                          Pete,

                          Thanks for sharing the stages. It's quite helpful in getting a better understanding how you are going from SketchUp to your beautiful renders.

                          Fred

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • EdsonE
                            Edson
                            last edited by

                            thanks, pete. this is a helluva waterfall.

                            with all the lessons i was given in this topic i'd better live up to them and present my own soon.

                            edson mahfuz, architect| porto alegre β€’ brasil
                            http://www.mahfuz.arq.br

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • tinanneT
                              tinanne
                              last edited by

                              This is great info guys. I have a waterfall/water slide project that I never finished (client ran out of money 😞). So I am getting inspired πŸ˜„

                              Executive Director : American Society of Architectural Illustrators
                              AIP 30 Competition opens soon. ASAI.org

                              Architectural Rendering

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • soloS
                                solo
                                last edited by

                                Night shot


                                http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/8779/waterfallnightcopyyr3.jpg

                                http://www.solos-art.com

                                If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • FrederikF
                                  Frederik
                                  last edited by

                                  No wonder why they call you the "Texture King", Pete...!! πŸ˜„
                                  It looks really awesome..!

                                  Cheers
                                  Kim Frederik

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • T
                                    tomsdesk
                                    last edited by

                                    NO SHIT!

                                    Err, I mean: "WOW, Pete!"

                                    http://www.tomsdesk.moonfruit.com/
                                    2.5D Trees & Shrubs!

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • soloS
                                      solo
                                      last edited by

                                      Thanks guys, I appreciate the compliments.

                                      http://www.solos-art.com

                                      If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • B
                                        Bill Wilson
                                        last edited by

                                        😍 That's fantastic Pete!
                                        How did you manage to shift that statue from Easter Island into your backyard?
                                        Cheers Bill.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • A
                                          alpro
                                          last edited by

                                          Damn, that night shot is amazing. Out of curiousity how high was the water reflection set (always trying to learn)?

                                          Mike

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • soloS
                                            solo
                                            last edited by

                                            Thanks.

                                            I could'nt move the statue, so i built the fountain around it. πŸ˜†

                                            alpro, water I generally set at 65%

                                            http://www.solos-art.com

                                            If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 2 / 3
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement