sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Grip curve..How?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    6 Posts 4 Posters 1.4k Views 4 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • 3
      3eighty
      last edited by

      In the attached picture the arrow points to a small inset where the side of the thumb fits...How can I make this inset and make it loof natural and smooth..?

      Thank you..


      2gunhand.jpg

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • GaieusG
        Gaieus
        last edited by

        • bezier curves + skin.rb
        • arcs + skin.rb + scale tool...
          tedious for sure... πŸ˜’

        Gai...

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • R
          remus
          last edited by

          you might be able to do a cylinder and then intersect it, followed by another intersection to get the shape across the top. would need a fair bit of cleaning up afterwards, but should give you the general shape.

          http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • 3
            3eighty
            last edited by

            My thanks to both of you..

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • monsterzeroM
              monsterzero
              last edited by

              3eighty, I'll be doing a similar stock for a shotgun in about a month. I'll be using the same technique that I employed with my flying wing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO_D3ltOilk)

              • Draw out a section of the stock (similar to the fuselage in the wing video).
              • Draw out the profile of the entire section of the model.
              • Pull the section along the profile sizing the section as I go along.
              • Go back and tweak the individual vertices to push in the bevel of the grip curve.

              You could probably do it faster with skin.rb or soap bubble, but I don't usually use those scripts. I guess I like the control I get for certain shapes, that comes from modeling a few people in SketchUp.

              monsterzero
              I live stream my work on my graphic novel:
              https://www.youtube.com/@monsterz3r0

              http://infinitemachine.tv/
              https://www.aaatitle.xyz/

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • 3
                3eighty
                last edited by

                monsterzero> A dbl side by side old stage coach shotgun is what Im trying to make..What are you going to make? Thanks for the video..You should know that it would help to be on speed to watch it, it's so fast..πŸ˜„

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0

                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                Register Login
                • 1 / 1
                • First post
                  Last post
                Buy SketchPlus
                Buy SUbD
                Buy WrapR
                Buy eBook
                Buy Modelur
                Buy Vertex Tools
                Buy SketchCuisine
                Buy FormFonts

                Advertisement