sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [Plugin] Volume Calculator v2.0 20111004

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Plugins
    13 Posts 4 Posters 15.6k Views 4 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • utilerU
      utiler
      last edited by

      Cheers TIG, will give it a run.....thanks a bunch!!

      Andrew

      Just Curious...

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • TIGT
        TIG Moderator
        last edited by

        After many years another stupid typo is fixed πŸ˜’ http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?p=14555#p14555

        TIG

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • kenK
          ken
          last edited by

          TIG

          Question from someone who is not ruby literate. Why hasn't any one made a volume plugin using the new method, group.volume?

          Thank you in advance

          Ken

          Fight like your the third monkey on Noah's Ark gangway.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • TIGT
            TIG Moderator
            last edited by

            Because it's so easy! πŸ˜’
            I did think to make a new version of this tool that does just that... watch this space...

            TIG

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • TIGT
              TIG Moderator
              last edited by

              Here's v2.0 that is much faster if you have v8 - however the selection must be 'manifold' - i.e. 'solid' in Entity Info... http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?p=14555#p14555

              TIG

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • kenK
                ken
                last edited by

                TIG

                It appears not to give a volume of a component.

                Thank you

                Ken

                Fight like your the third monkey on Noah's Ark gangway.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • TIGT
                  TIG Moderator
                  last edited by

                  That's probably because it's not manifold ?
                  Revert to the previous version if you want to approximate non solids and w-a-i-t...
                  VolumeCalculator1-8.rbPayPalButton

                  TIG

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • kenK
                    ken
                    last edited by

                    TIG

                    No, what I found is the context menu will not give the volume of a component. However, when I activated the plugin menu, I get a volume with components.

                    Ken

                    Fight like your the third monkey on Noah's Ark gangway.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • TIGT
                      TIG Moderator
                      last edited by

                      I'll check it out... πŸ˜•

                      TIG

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • TIGT
                        TIG Moderator
                        last edited by

                        I can find nothing wrong - do you have an example of a failure ?

                        TIG

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • kenK
                          ken
                          last edited by

                          TIG

                          Well than it most be my Sketchup set up. Here is how I was using the program.

                          I have a program that will add thickness to a face. I use it to make 1/4" steel plates out of faces. When I tried the program "volume", it would not give me the volume of any of the thicken faces. The thicken faces are made as components.

                          So I made one box, copied the box, made one box a group and the other a component. On the entry info menu, they both had the same indicated volume.

                          However, right clicking on the group would give me the correct volume, right clicking on the component the program wouldn't responded. I am trying to get rid of all the unnecessary programs that use the context menu. So I opened your program for editing, disabled the context menu and activated the plugin menu. And tried again, now I could get a volume on groups and components. Now, that I had have time to think about it, I guess it is the old gray out problem. I just didn't think it would be that sensitive, to notice the difference between a group and a component. There was nothing else in the file, just the two boxes.

                          So now, I have the context menu disable, the plugin is activated and I have added it to my working tool bar by making a icon and adding the tool bar code.

                          So right now, it is working great. I guess I was just surprised that the context menu was sensitive to the type of geometry clicked on.

                          Sorry to have you work on something that I should of realized was a problem with my set up.

                          A thank you is coming your way.

                          Thanks again for the program and the time to look at the problem.

                          Ken

                          Fight like your the third monkey on Noah's Ark gangway.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • C
                            chinmet
                            last edited by

                            thank you good work

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                            Register Login
                            • 1 / 1
                            • First post
                              Last post
                            Buy SketchPlus
                            Buy SUbD
                            Buy WrapR
                            Buy eBook
                            Buy Modelur
                            Buy Vertex Tools
                            Buy SketchCuisine
                            Buy FormFonts

                            Advertisement