sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    The SCF Guides to Post Processing [TUTORIAL]

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Tutorials
    sketchup
    67 Posts 31 Posters 28.1k Views 31 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • B
      bubbalove
      last edited by

      Rob, I have one now. What is the easiest way to do shadows in photoshop? Oh, I have the CS2 educational version by the way if that matters.

      poster-BubbaLove

      "Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Churchill

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • R
        robmoors
        last edited by

        Shadows how exactly do you mean?
        Like soft shadows? Or to enhance shadows or what?

        Rob Moors
        Architecture Student

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • B
          bubbalove
          last edited by

          Na, say I get some pics of some trees to add to my renderings. I would like to add some shadows like that. Catch my drift? I can make a quick example if I need to?

          Thanks

          poster-BubbaLove

          "Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Churchill

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • R
            robmoors
            last edited by

            No problem got it, thats an easy one ๐Ÿ˜„

            Rob Moors
            Architecture Student

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • D
              dylan
              last edited by

              @robmoors said:

              No problem got it, thats an easy one ๐Ÿ˜„

              Im glad it's easy Rob because I want to know the answer to that also ๐Ÿ˜„
              Look forward to see how it's done.

              http://dmdarchitecture.co.uk/

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • R
                robmoors
                last edited by

                I was going to release tutorial nr 2 today and also make nr 1 printable... However some things have come up and itll take a few days before they are uploaded. My apologies for this.

                Rob Moors
                Architecture Student

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • D
                  dylan
                  last edited by

                  No problem rob, im really looking forward to seeing it whenever it arrives.

                  http://dmdarchitecture.co.uk/

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • R
                    robmoors
                    last edited by

                    Okay Printable Version here we go. Creating the layout was rather tricky I already have fixed that in my next guide but to do that for this one takes too much time, its also at 72 dpi because I didnt have the images any bigger anymore (smacks himself on his forehead). However... it's printable now A4 size. And SHOULD be readable ๐Ÿ˜› didnt test it though.

                    The PDF file

                    Enjoy Next guide should pop up within a few days..

                    Rob Moors
                    Architecture Student

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • boofredlayB
                      boofredlay
                      last edited by

                      Exellent, thanks โ—

                      http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • R
                        rhankc
                        last edited by

                        appreciate it Rob,.

                        Hank

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • K
                          kwistenbiebel
                          last edited by

                          great resource !
                          Rob, your tuts are a great contribution :thup:
                          Thanks for that.

                          poster-kwistenbiebel

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • C
                            cgndc
                            last edited by

                            Just wanted to add another thanks -- great job!!

                            poster-cgndc

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • EdsonE
                              Edson
                              last edited by

                              hi rob,

                              thanks for the printable version. i was having a hard time trying to print the previous one and, i must confess, feeling a little dumb as i was not having any luck at it. just as i was about to send you a pm i found this version.

                              this a great tutorial. i look forward to the next one.

                              edson mahfuz, architect| porto alegre โ€ข brasil
                              http://www.mahfuz.arq.br

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • R
                                robmoors
                                last edited by

                                Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, it's much appreciated. And I see that even the printable version has been downloaded quite a bit.

                                Anyway nr 2 is in the works, trust me! Though at the moment, uni is stuffing work down my mouth in massive kwantities. So my hands are tied. Sorry.

                                Anyway thanks for the feedback and patience. Nr 2 is coming soon!

                                Rob Moors
                                Architecture Student

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • K
                                  kenzarch
                                  last edited by

                                  Very helpful, thank you.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • G
                                    greatcurve
                                    last edited by

                                    Is there a reason I can't access the tutorial? Apparently it's hosted on the old board on which I am not registered. Can someone repost it so it's accessible?

                                    Thanks,
                                    Chase

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • GaieusG
                                      Gaieus
                                      last edited by

                                      @greatcurve said:

                                      Is there a reason I can't access the tutorial? Apparently it's hosted on the old board on which I am not registered. Can someone repost it so it's accessible?

                                      Thanks,
                                      Chase

                                      Chase, thanks for this "report".
                                      I have fixed the link and now you (and everyone for that matter) should aqccess the file.

                                      Sigh... These little "tricks" with a transfer!

                                      Please, keep reporting any issues you may find. Thanks again

                                      Gai...

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • G
                                        greatcurve
                                        last edited by

                                        No, thank you!

                                        I look for and save as many of these tuts as I can.

                                        Chase

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • O
                                          oecodesignator
                                          last edited by

                                          Hey! Thanks for taking time to teach us, Rob. Quite extensive but it beats bushwacking for a method all by your lonesome. Needless to say...More! More!...

                                          Ain't it a grrrreat day!

                                          RICO

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • P
                                            PKast
                                            last edited by

                                            I just found this. That was a remarkable tutorial. It looks like a lot of work and so I'm not totally surprised to not find the 2nd installment.

                                            Thanks for the absolute brilliant tutorial.

                                            Peter Kastmiler

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 1 / 4
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement