sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    A Welcome Message to New SketchUcation Members

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    1.4k Posts 667 Posters 1.2m Views 667 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • D
      DeanMac
      last edited by

      @gaieus said:

      Hi all and welcome!

      @Dean: post your scene frustrations in a separate topic (so it does not get buried here). BTW you are talking about SU scenes in LO however your profile says you have SU Free. Is it the trial period?

      Gai
      I'm trying out Layout on the free trial to see how I get on with it. Will search through the forums for tips. At the moment I'm trying to find a good method of getting floor plans and sections from my model in SU into Layout.
      Thanks
      Dean

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • A
        ANewBeat
        last edited by

        New to the forum. Been using Sketchup intermittently for about a year.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • jhapo11J
          jhapo11
          last edited by

          good day to all! newbie here also in using sketch up, thanks for forum! looking forward for the great things to come!

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • RazorbackR
            Razorback
            last edited by

            Hello Everyone,

            I am a designer in a residential design/build firm that specializes in sustainable, high efficiency design. I am looking to increase my modelling skill through the use of plugins and working knowledge that I hope to find here. Thank you for having this website and forum. It looks like there are many skilled modellers here already.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Q
              qianyi
              last edited by

              hi,I am a 3rd grade student of architecture,using SU frenquently for my student study

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • S
                supercruiserstudios
                last edited by

                Long time sketchup user looking for tech info on why my my models are crashing so easily. Ive always known about this place, but havent had the need for an acct until now. Looking forward to contributing some of my knowledge and listening to yours. Thanks.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • M
                  micapra
                  last edited by

                  Hi, my name is Michele,
                  i'm very happy to join comunity
                  By all and good job

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • C
                    CaptainShadoo
                    last edited by

                    Good day everyone Captain Shadoo here~ Or just Shadoo~ I don't know much about this site just yet but I do enjoy using sketch up~ That's all~

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • T
                      tjnolan
                      last edited by

                      Hi All,

                      Looking forward to what you guys have to teach!

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • R
                        rinostoof
                        last edited by

                        Hi there, I'm Rino (you'd never have quessed πŸ˜„ )

                        I have worked for some 14 years as a VB.net programmer but got thoroughly sick of it.
                        When my boss started making noises about having to size down I was off and now I am doing paintless dent repair and reviving headlights, a bit of a change and I'm loving it!

                        I found sketchup looking for something to create 3d printing files, awesome program!
                        Very much new at it, and learning every day, I am starting to sort of make it do what I want πŸ˜‰

                        I imagine this is what's used to put the buildings on google maps and that is why this is now free so hopefully people will make more? Can I put my house on? πŸ˜„

                        Kind regards
                        Rino
                        New Zealand

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • M
                          mariorosside
                          last edited by

                          Hi to everyone
                          hi to everyone, I know and appreciate sketchup till from beginning, some times I have participate workshop in Germany and Italy, I have had the opportunity to use it in different situations of job and projects; actually I operate and research in educational; trying find the way to use an unique applz for cad & 3D general purpose and my preference is till from beginning for Sketchup πŸ˜„
                          progress never stop ... happy to find this precious resource, my best congratulations

                          Best greetings , yours mario

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • Nemesis69N
                            Nemesis69
                            last edited by

                            Hello All,
                            New to Sketchup but enjoying it! Just wish I could do electronic circuits in 2D. Building parts and complete machines is amaising, especially since I am just using the free version.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • J
                              jaysb
                              last edited by

                              Hello SketchUcation

                              Been using 2D CAD for space planning (mainly commercial offices) for too many years. This year I have started learning AutoCAD 3D but SketchUp seems more intuitive for 3D, faster (more fun too) and provide some great output - so I'm looking forward to start modelling soon.

                              Have the excellent "sketchup for dummies" to kickstart my journey.

                              Once I've got the hand of basic modelling will want to move onto rendering - but not sure of which book to go for "Rendering Sketchup (Danial Tal)" or "Architectural Design with Sketchup (Alexander Schreyer)", to take from Beginner to Intermediate level.

                              Appreciate help !!

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • M
                                Mishka12
                                last edited by

                                Hi thank you.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • M
                                  madebythegirl
                                  last edited by

                                  Hello
                                  I'm just at the beginning, making by myself course for site planning. I've stock on ruby scripts and sandbox tools. I'm looking for some materials witch could help me a little bit to understand what exactly ruby scripts are?? πŸ˜„

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • massimoM
                                    massimo Moderator
                                    last edited by

                                    @unknownuser said:

                                    I'm looking for some materials witch could help me a little bit to understand what exactly ruby scripts are??

                                    Hi Daria and welcome. Maybe this could be a start.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • B
                                      bojo
                                      last edited by

                                      Hello,
                                      I'm Bojo, and it's great for me to join the community. I'm an architect and a sketch up user for years and still look forward to explore more about SU capacity. Really want to learn more from all the masters here πŸ˜„ , maybe nearest target is about making a simple animation (I like Lumenrt but I guess my PC can't afford for that frustrated render)
                                      Good day guys!
                                      Bj

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • S
                                        Santi_alq
                                        last edited by

                                        Hi, everybody ... that's my first message here and i introduce myself.
                                        I'm, from Spain so, please don't look at my poor english , i'll try to do my best ...
                                        Several years using autocad, now, it's time to jump in to the 3D, and here i am.

                                        Thanks in advance for your help to anyone β˜€

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • S
                                          sdond13
                                          last edited by

                                          Hello everyone. I'm Scott. I am in the mechanical drafting field. I mainly use solidworks and Inventor for that work, however when I need something quick I use Sketchup. It is also my goto program for any side modelling. One of the things I do is rendering of various sets used on game shows. A few models I've done can be viewed here.
                                          http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w48/sdond13/CantStop.png
                                          http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w48/sdond13/12-1.jpg
                                          http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w48/sdond13/2-2.jpg
                                          http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w48/sdond13/1-7.png

                                          I came here because I wanted to get into programming and scripting and I'm sure you guys will teach me some tricks too.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • polyvoxP
                                            polyvox
                                            last edited by

                                            Hello all,

                                            New to the community.

                                            A semi-fast learner.

                                            Just downloaded a Rounded-Corner plugin from Fred06.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 18
                                            • 19
                                            • 20
                                            • 21
                                            • 22
                                            • 72
                                            • 73
                                            • 20 / 73
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement