sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Winged Corkscrew

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    21 Posts 7 Posters 5.0k Views 7 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • tuna1957T
      tuna1957
      last edited by

      Here's another one..... picked up an old corkscrew like this in a second hand store. Modeled as close as I was able to measure the darn thing.... not as easy as it sounds. Posting an SU pic and a kind of quickie render.
      Posting the model. If you post back a render put the "screw" into a little scene......... πŸ‘ .


      wing cork render_Scene 3-Edit.jpg


      winged corkscrew.jpg


      winged corkscrew.skp

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Mike AmosM
        Mike Amos
        last edited by

        Cool tool, thanks very much. A gent and a squire as we used to say.

        Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • renderizaR
          renderiza
          last edited by

          @tuna1957 said:

          Modeled as close as I was able to measure the darn thing.... not as easy as it sounds.

          I am very impressed by your modeling skills!

          Did you used a specific SketchUp Extension to help you model?

          Good Work!
          Renderiza

          [url=https://www.sketchupcode.com/:z3kqsidd]My Extensions ...[/url:z3kqsidd]

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • tuna1957T
            tuna1957
            last edited by

            Mike A. , Thank you sir and your most welcome. By and by a lot of the people I work with would argue your "gentleman and squire" comment. πŸ˜‰

            renderiza, Thank you, but you've heard the saying 'even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then" 😎 . As for the plug-ins I used, hope I remember them right.... Vertex Tools , RoundCorner , B.Z. Toolbar , and Fredoscale. πŸ‘

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • F
              faust07
              last edited by

              I couldn't resist. The builder and my boss only see pure SketchUp output and no corkscrew... They may still think I don't have anything to do... 😎


              Tunas-Corkscrew_Test_1600.jpg

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • HornOxxH
                HornOxx
                last edited by

                a great model and just like this in my kitchen drawer as well πŸ‘ πŸ˜„ thanks for sharing !!
                When my kids were little I played the "hands up" game with it - my kids pretended to shoot (with their fingers), I pulled down on the screw and this thing looked like one who makes "hands up" πŸ˜‰ stupid, isn't it? πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„

                @faust07 said:

                I couldn't resist. The builder and my boss only see pure SketchUp output and no corkscrew... They may still think I don't have anything to do... 😎
                a nice comment next to your equally beautiful render work πŸ‘ I almost expected, you could have animated the "hands up" thing πŸ˜„

                never trust a skinny cook

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • tuna1957T
                  tuna1957
                  last edited by

                  Really nice render faust07, and thanks for joining in the fun.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • F
                    faust07
                    last edited by

                    Thank you HornOxx and thank you Tuna1957 for the detailed corkscrew. It works really well... The picture has replaced the dandelion as wallpaper so that I can now dream of drinking wine while working... πŸ˜‰

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Mike AmosM
                      Mike Amos
                      last edited by

                      Very nice render, Faust, very nice.

                      Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • F
                        faust07
                        last edited by

                        Thanks Mike.
                        Here's a little fall exercise and a quick and dirty rendering.
                        Most of the time I needed for the set and the render and video settings.
                        Dear children, please don't imitate this experiment in your parents' living room.... πŸ˜‰


                        Corkscrew_06.gif

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • HornOxxH
                          HornOxx
                          last edited by

                          πŸ‘ πŸ‘ wow - how cool is that !!

                          never trust a skinny cook

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • Mike AmosM
                            Mike Amos
                            last edited by

                            Agreed, I want one of those tables, with glass that does not chip from dropped stuff. My old glass topped table had chips all over the place.

                            Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • F
                              faust07
                              last edited by

                              Thanks!
                              I couldn't resist making the corkscrew even more lively and deceitful. The high-resolution and perfectly rendered animation will eventually land on YouTube.


                              Corkscrew_12.gif

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • ntxdaveN
                                ntxdave
                                last edited by

                                Couple of great animations. πŸ‘

                                Press F1...thank me later

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • F
                                  faust07
                                  last edited by

                                  Thanks!
                                  I only wanted to show the "hands up" thing for HornOxx...

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • Mike AmosM
                                    Mike Amos
                                    last edited by

                                    Nice and thanks, got a chuckle or two.

                                    Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • HornOxxH
                                      HornOxx
                                      last edited by

                                      great model πŸ‘ - great renders πŸ‘ - great animation (thanks Faust πŸ˜„ )
                                      what a great contribution

                                      never trust a skinny cook

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • K
                                        kenancakir
                                        last edited by

                                        Good modeling.. And faust07's animation is awesome..

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • F
                                          faust07
                                          last edited by

                                          Thank you Gentleman.
                                          The corkscrew was modelled by Tuna very well for an animation. πŸ‘
                                          The glass plate was a real challenge. I have learned a lot again.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • tuna1957T
                                            tuna1957
                                            last edited by

                                            faust07, just have to say your animation is the bomb. πŸ‘ πŸ‘

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 2 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement