sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Teenager's room

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    28 Posts 6 Posters 4.1k Views 6 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • M
      measuredmove
      last edited by

      So modeled in SU and material/lighting setup in Twilight Render then exported to KT to render?
      Any reason not to complete the render in TW?
      When I tried it (briefly) many years ago I found the output to be 'harsh' looking but it may have been a lack of time/commitment to properly learn the program. KT was a finer output but when clients wanted animations the time required to process a project was way too daunting.

      My 3D Catalogue
      https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/collection/103ed44c-a0c4-4049-9a84-89cd017bcc07/Measured-Move
      SU8/Brighter3D/Gimp/SimLab Composer

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • jo-keJ
        jo-ke
        last edited by

        I am doing a couple of projects at the same time.

        I can work on with SU while the other workstations do the renderings with KT

        So I am free to work on my other projects.

        http://www.zz7.de

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • M
          measuredmove
          last edited by

          This is a great idea.
          Thank you passing this on - to use the best tools for the job.

          My 3D Catalogue
          https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/collection/103ed44c-a0c4-4049-9a84-89cd017bcc07/Measured-Move
          SU8/Brighter3D/Gimp/SimLab Composer

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • M
            measuredmove
            last edited by

            Sorry..thought I was all done..but have 2 more questions.
            Do you re-import the KT rendered image back into TW to create the pano and are hotspots created in TW or in Pano2VR?
            I'll say Thanks in advance.

            My 3D Catalogue
            https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/collection/103ed44c-a0c4-4049-9a84-89cd017bcc07/Measured-Move
            SU8/Brighter3D/Gimp/SimLab Composer

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • jo-keJ
              jo-ke
              last edited by

              No no, it is very simple.

              I do all settings in Twilight, then I make a special folder "kerky", to put the xml file and all the rest (pics, ies,...) inside. this is a one way folder. after Export everything with SU and TWL is done.

              Then I open KT, open the xml. Then I render each scene, one after another. The output is allready equirectangular, because I have choosen "spherical" in twilght.

              Be carful with layers. The xml stores the locations of the scenes but only the layers of the current scene.

              http://www.zz7.de

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • pilouP
                pilou
                last edited by

                In term of minutes time's render : Twillight is more /less than KT ?

                Frenchy Pilou
                Is beautiful that please without concept!
                My Little site :)

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • M
                  measuredmove
                  last edited by

                  Again, Thanks
                  It's been a while since I used KT but I will try it out on a small project.

                  My 3D Catalogue
                  https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/collection/103ed44c-a0c4-4049-9a84-89cd017bcc07/Measured-Move
                  SU8/Brighter3D/Gimp/SimLab Composer

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • jo-keJ
                    jo-ke
                    last edited by

                    @pilou said:

                    In term of minutes time's render : Twillight is more /less than KT ?

                    rendertime should be the same. But the advantage is the independent renderengine. It can still render all night long at a seperate workstation and I can continue modelling in SU.

                    http://www.zz7.de

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • pilouP
                      pilou
                      last edited by

                      Thx for the infos!

                      Frenchy Pilou
                      Is beautiful that please without concept!
                      My Little site :)

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • P
                        psylo
                        last edited by

                        Nobody noticed the pop up screen ! πŸ˜›

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • jo-keJ
                          jo-ke
                          last edited by

                          @psylo said:

                          Nobody noticed the pop up screen ! πŸ˜›

                          😎

                          I was also confused. No idea what happend to that notebook. I will never use it again.

                          http://www.zz7.de

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                          Register Login
                          • 1
                          • 2
                          • 2 / 2
                          • First post
                            Last post
                          Buy SketchPlus
                          Buy SUbD
                          Buy WrapR
                          Buy eBook
                          Buy Modelur
                          Buy Vertex Tools
                          Buy SketchCuisine
                          Buy FormFonts

                          Advertisement