sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Procedural Wood Texture

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Woodworking
    24 Posts 6 Posters 6.1k Views 6 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • JQLJ
      JQL
      last edited by

      I think there are hand held scanners that could do the job. I don't know if they're limited to standard paper sizes.

      www.casca.pt
      Visit us on facebook!

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Dave RD
        Dave R
        last edited by

        Yes. I was thinking about those handheld scanners. I was also thinking this would be another way I could justify a 48 x 96" CNC machine. Replace the router with a scanner head. You could scan up to a full sheet or plywood. πŸ˜„

        It wouldn't be limited to wood, either.

        Three little problems. I'm not sure if normal scanner software would handle that much image area, not enough space in my shop for a machine that big (especially since I also want to build another boat in it) and there's the problem of not enough shekels in my pocket. 😞

        Etaoin Shrdlu

        %

        (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

        G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

        M30

        %

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • bazB
          baz
          last edited by

          @dave r said:

          Yes. I was thinking about those handheld scanners. I was also thinking this would be another way I could justify a 48 x 96" CNC machine. Replace the router with a scanner head. You could scan up to a full sheet or plywood. πŸ˜„

          Kickstarter campaign maybe?

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • J
            jtri
            last edited by

            We are planning on getting a new plotter/scanner for large prints at work and it will scan in color. Do you think I will get fired if I try scanning sheets of veneer?

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Dave RD
              Dave R
              last edited by

              You might be able to get away with it once. πŸ˜„

              Etaoin Shrdlu

              %

              (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

              G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

              M30

              %

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Dave RD
                Dave R
                last edited by

                @baz said:

                Kickstarter campaign maybe?

                Maybe that would fly.

                Etaoin Shrdlu

                %

                (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                M30

                %

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Rich O BrienR
                  Rich O Brien Moderator
                  last edited by

                  @dave r said:

                  @baz said:

                  Kickstarter campaign maybe?

                  Maybe that would fly.

                  I volunteer to start kicking Dave πŸ‘

                  Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • PixeroP
                    Pixero
                    last edited by

                    I made this texture plugin for Thea render some time ago.

                    It is a three dimensional procedural wood texture so it won't require UV mapping.
                    Sadly procedural textures are not supported by Presto (yet).

                    Link Preview Image
                    No website is present on this hostname

                    The website you are trying to reach could be suspended, deleted or DNS could be incorrect

                    favicon

                    (pixero.com)

                    http://pixero.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/edd/2013/08/dragon02.jpg

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • JQLJ
                      JQL
                      last edited by

                      That is very interesting Pixero! No need for UV map too?

                      Would it be able to be pushed so it would loose a bit the CG look it has?

                      www.casca.pt
                      Visit us on facebook!

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • bazB
                        baz
                        last edited by

                        Bump. To remind dave:)

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 2 / 2
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Buy SketchPlus
                        Buy SUbD
                        Buy WrapR
                        Buy eBook
                        Buy Modelur
                        Buy Vertex Tools
                        Buy SketchCuisine
                        Buy FormFonts

                        Advertisement