sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    How? Roundover All Edges Of Cube

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    33 Posts 4 Posters 5.7k Views 4 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • cottyC
      cotty
      last edited by

      @cotty said:

      • scale up your model to prevent the holes

      Again?

      my SketchUp gallery

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • T
        TurninMan
        last edited by

        Hey... Be nice. I'm a slow learner... 😎

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Dave RD
          Dave R
          last edited by

          Did you see my PM to you?

          Etaoin Shrdlu

          %

          (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

          G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

          M30

          %

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • T
            TurninMan
            last edited by

            Well @#!%$!

            I made the profile and square a component. Then I scaled it up 100. Then I extruded. It looked great. Then I saved... and then it looked like this:
            OpenSquare.jpg

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • T
              TurninMan
              last edited by

              I didn't know I had a PM, because I'm not sure where the flag shows up. But I answered it.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • T
                TurninMan
                last edited by

                So I tried the corner rounding trick in Version 2014, and I can get as far as the tangent arc, but don't see how to get it to crop...

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Dave RD
                  Dave R
                  last edited by

                  Don't fight it anymore. I'll show you soon.

                  Etaoin Shrdlu

                  %

                  (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                  G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                  M30

                  %

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • cottyC
                    cotty
                    last edited by

                    @turninman said:

                    So I tried the corner rounding trick in Version 2014, and I can get as far as the tangent arc, but don't see how to get it to crop...

                    I don't think 2014 is a newer version πŸ˜‰

                    my SketchUp gallery

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • T
                      TurninMan
                      last edited by

                      Ha Ha! πŸ˜† It's a lot newer than V7 and V8!

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • T
                        TurninMan
                        last edited by

                        Hey Dave,
                        I'm re-creating what we did the other day, and got so far as selecting the edges of the new panel using hidden geometry and trying to scale it up...
                        We didn't use scale for that did we? Did we just use the "move" tool to make the panel bigger?

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • Dave RD
                          Dave R
                          last edited by

                          Yes. We just selected the end of the panel and used the Move tool. You might find it easier to see your selection if you use X-ray face style in addition to showing the soften edges with View>Hidden Geometry. And remember, it's a left to right selection around the end.

                          Etaoin Shrdlu

                          %

                          (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                          G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                          M30

                          %

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • T
                            TurninMan
                            last edited by

                            Got it. Thanks again for all your help!

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • Dave RD
                              Dave R
                              last edited by

                              Happy to help.

                              Etaoin Shrdlu

                              %

                              (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                              G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                              M30

                              %

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • StinkieS
                                Stinkie
                                last edited by

                                @cotty said:

                                Newer verions allow to use a double click in the near of a corner to repeat the last rounding...

                                D'oh!
                                πŸ‘

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0

                                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                Register Login
                                • 1
                                • 2
                                • 2 / 2
                                • First post
                                  Last post
                                Buy SketchPlus
                                Buy SUbD
                                Buy WrapR
                                Buy eBook
                                Buy Modelur
                                Buy Vertex Tools
                                Buy SketchCuisine
                                Buy FormFonts

                                Advertisement