sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Sketchup 2015

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    9 Posts 4 Posters 759 Views 4 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • G
      garystan
      last edited by

      Hi everybody :

                     I'm new to Sketchup 2015. I switched over to Sketchup 2015 (Free version) just recently.   I noticed that when I save a model, I use SAVE AS, then select the location, type in the file name, click SAVE.  I manually went into that same location, and I noticed that, instead of a thumbnail, it shows a "blank sheet of paper".  I tried right-clicking on this file, selected OPEN WITH, selecting Sketchup 2015, and the file opened up correctly.  Is there a setting for "showing thumbnails" ?   I'm running Windows 7 Professional/32-bit.
      
                                                                        garystan
      
      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • KrisidiousK
        Krisidious
        last edited by

        Are you on 32bit windows? I think it only works on 64bit.

        By: Kristoff Rand
        Home DesignerUnique House Plans

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • G
          garystan
          last edited by

          @krisidious said:

          Are you on 32bit windows? I think it only works on 64bit.

          Krisidious :

                     Sketchup 2015 (Free version) works with my 32-bit machine. It seems all the tools are functioning correctly.  It's just that when I verify that the file has been saved (to the location I selected), it shows up as a "blank page", instead of a thumbnail + file name (the filename shows). 
          
                                                                            garystan
          
          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • Dave RD
            Dave R
            last edited by

            What Kristoff is telling you is the thumbnail generation is a 64-bit thing.

            Etaoin Shrdlu

            %

            (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

            G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

            M30

            %

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • KrisidiousK
              Krisidious
              last edited by

              @dave r said:

              What Kristoff is telling you is the thumbnail generation is a 64-bit thing.

              This... ^^^

              By: Kristoff Rand
              Home DesignerUnique House Plans

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • G
                garystan
                last edited by

                @dave r said:

                What Kristoff is telling you is the thumbnail generation is a 64-bit thing.

                 Dave R. :
                
                          By any chance....is there a 32-bit version of Sketchup 2015.  Other than that, I guess I could try re-installing Sketchup 8.
                
                                                                               garystan
                
                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Dave RD
                  Dave R
                  last edited by

                  Yes, there is a 32-bit version of SketchUp 2015. You already implied that you installed the 32-bit version on your 32-bit machine. Why would you want to go back to SU8?

                  Etaoin Shrdlu

                  %

                  (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                  G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                  M30

                  %

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • JQLJ
                    JQL
                    last edited by

                    Oh... the 32bit issue!

                    www.casca.pt
                    Visit us on facebook!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • KrisidiousK
                      Krisidious
                      last edited by

                      8 had working thumbnails... Just use a program like XnView or Majestic Thumbs.

                      By: Kristoff Rand
                      Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      • 1 / 1
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      Buy SketchPlus
                      Buy SUbD
                      Buy WrapR
                      Buy eBook
                      Buy Modelur
                      Buy Vertex Tools
                      Buy SketchCuisine
                      Buy FormFonts

                      Advertisement