sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    What don't we do for our clients...

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    38 Posts 25 Posters 4.4k Views 25 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • JQLJ
      JQL
      last edited by

      Wicked!

      www.casca.pt
      Visit us on facebook!

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • andybotA
        andybot
        last edited by

        very nice modeling! I'm curious how your repeating components look like by themselves (I'm assuming you made some small segments and repeated the pattern.)

        http://charlottesvillearchitecturalrendering.com/

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • DanielD
          Daniel
          last edited by

          That looks very impressive.

          My avatar is an anachronism.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • cottyC
            cotty
            last edited by

            Very nice and clean modeling!

            my SketchUp gallery

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • pbacotP
              pbacot
              last edited by

              Holy smokes! Is there a wicker plugin?

              MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • alvisA
                alvis
                last edited by

                ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • HornOxxH
                  HornOxx
                  last edited by

                  A masterpiece !! - Your modeling, renderwork and also the chair itself ๐Ÿ‘

                  never trust a skinny cook

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • ely862meE
                    ely862me
                    last edited by

                    Indeed I was also quite impressed with the result but very skeptical at the beginning.
                    The modeling is not accurate in some areas, but it was not my intention to replicate the reality(and I also had no idea how it is made in those areas). I just wanted to make it look like the real chair.
                    As for the components used, I am usually trying to use bigger components because it is easier to handle them. Each side has two main components, then the corners connect the main components. The final file has 1.96MB .


                    Bridgeport exploded.jpg

                    Elisei (sketchupper)


                    Before no life was done on Earth it was THE LIFE ITSELF...GOD
                    Come and See EliseiDesign

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • ely862meE
                      ely862me
                      last edited by

                      Thanks for the compliments! Coming from you guys, gives me strength for the next one.. the REAL challenge.


                      Cape cod start.jpg

                      Elisei (sketchupper)


                      Before no life was done on Earth it was THE LIFE ITSELF...GOD
                      Come and See EliseiDesign

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • alvisA
                        alvis
                        last edited by

                        You want to rape the Skechup! ๐Ÿ˜„

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • stefanqS
                          stefanq
                          last edited by

                          HAHA look who's talking!
                          Looks insane Eli, hopefully it pays the same!

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • hellnbakH
                            hellnbak
                            last edited by

                            Very impressive work!

                            I've always liked that distinctive creaking sound wicker furniture makes when you sit on it. I can almost hear that sound just looking at your amazing model. Well done, sir!

                            "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • jo-keJ
                              jo-ke
                              last edited by

                              Wow
                              Impressive!

                              http://www.zz7.de

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • omiKronO
                                omiKron
                                last edited by

                                Those chairs are insane! Good thing is that Sketchup becomes unlimited in functionalities due to its passionate artists that are pushing it to more and more.

                                Big respect.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • KrisidiousK
                                  Krisidious
                                  last edited by

                                  That may be the most serious chair model I've ever seen in my life...

                                  By: Kristoff Rand
                                  Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • ely862meE
                                    ely862me
                                    last edited by

                                    Cheers guys !
                                    Alvis is doing some stunning works-some of his chairs and sofas, near mine are like high scrapers near one story house. Not talking about Steve's cars and your other works !

                                    And the challenge is complete... I wish I could have had more patience but I already over exaggerated as it has 9.1MB and my client will kill me !! I wish I could have rounded inside the front mesh as in the original, but that would have been another 1 MB added.
                                    I tried to bend the front mesh with FFD with no luck(all the components exploded-and the tubes are touching one another). Next try will be to bend only the curves/polylines and then create tubes from them.


                                    Cape Cod front a.jpg


                                    Cape Cod side a.jpg

                                    Elisei (sketchupper)


                                    Before no life was done on Earth it was THE LIFE ITSELF...GOD
                                    Come and See EliseiDesign

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • hellnbakH
                                      hellnbak
                                      last edited by

                                      You talk about things that still need to be done to it - from where I sit it looks absolutely perfect!

                                      It's a chair that I could see myself taking a long nap in. Actually, a long series of long naps. Getting sleepy just talking about it.

                                      Although I can also picture waking up with some very interesting "tire tread" marks on my arms ๐Ÿ˜†

                                      (can you make me a nice big wicker recliner? I'll give you my cat and half my balogna sandwich)

                                      (the dang cat ate the other half ๐Ÿ˜’ )

                                      "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • stefanqS
                                        stefanq
                                        last edited by

                                        This one, is freaking beautiful.....wraps are not uniform in some places, and that is a big plus for realism. You are a little genius. Well done! ๐Ÿ‘

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • emerald15E
                                          emerald15
                                          last edited by

                                          I want to add a comment... but I'm speechless!

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • Mike AmosM
                                            Mike Amos
                                            last edited by

                                            Superb, massive result mate.

                                            Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 1 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement