sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Car renders

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    31 Posts 13 Posters 4.3k Views 13 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Bryan KB
      Bryan K
      last edited by

      Incredible as always!

      See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • majidM
        majid
        last edited by

        Thank you Bryan
        To be clear: The glare effect is produced using native glare tool of v-ray, I added a smal amount of lens correction in post pro.

        My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Mike AmosM
          Mike Amos
          last edited by

          Majid, WOW. I was certain I was looking at an advertising studio photograph. Brilliant mate.

          Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • majidM
            majid
            last edited by

            I made some imperfections on tires.... metal part I mean !

            My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • hellnbakH
              hellnbak
              last edited by

              Beautiful work, Majid.

              But then again I'm prejudiced towards any model with those round thingies, ummmm, whadyya call 'em...oh yeah, wheels! πŸ˜‰

              "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • jeff hammondJ
                jeff hammond
                last edited by

                nice Majid πŸ‘

                dotdotdot

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • majidM
                  majid
                  last edited by

                  another Shot. Black carpaint body color.


                  jax-black3web.jpg

                  My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • pbacotP
                    pbacot
                    last edited by

                    Very nice cars Majid! Very dramatic lighting.

                    After this, how about a "Twilight for Architects" tutorial! (where cars are just a requisite decoration for building)

                    MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • majidM
                      majid
                      last edited by

                      dear mate pbacot
                      It would be really nice, but as I know there is a great source (free pdf in fact) on twilight, and on the other hand , Twilight is really easy to understand, int it? I thought that V-Ray is more complicated and there is a missing "smart and compact" ebook to help one, being master.

                      My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • pbacotP
                        pbacot
                        last edited by

                        Do you mean the Twilight manual? It's pretty good for starters. Yes it's very simple--that's why I use it. I would not want to try V-ray after seeing the posts here.

                        MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • majidM
                          majid
                          last edited by

                          The same car in black


                          b-car-render4.jpg

                          My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • majidM
                            majid
                            last edited by

                            Rich O'Brien has done some tidy up and published my tutorial on resource section of the site. for those who are interested:
                            http://sketchucation.com/resources/tutorials/intermediate/1343-how-to-make-metallic-car-paint-and-sutdio-lighting-in-vray-for-sketchup
                            Thanks a bundle Rich

                            My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • RichardR
                              Richard
                              last edited by

                              Majid, the car paints seem a lttle luminescent or pearl like.

                              BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • majidM
                                majid
                                last edited by

                                Richard, do you mean the first car? the white base color? ... umm yeas it is.. you are right. I have exaggerated a bit to achieve an attractive image.

                                My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • RichardR
                                  Richard
                                  last edited by

                                  Yes mate, that's probably the one that shows it the most, the fall off looks a bit to long on the first one and two short on the second. Somewhere in between would be spot on I think!

                                  Mate I seriously know how hard they are to get right, I'd did a whole library of paints for the Maxwell MXM resource site. NIGHTMARE!


                                  ALL-COLOURS.jpg

                                  BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • majidM
                                    majid
                                    last edited by

                                    Thanks for your attention, by the way even these are odd to me..... they seems to be plastic rather than car-paint.....

                                    My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • majidM
                                      majid
                                      last edited by

                                      I gave a try over "Wrapper texture" that is a cool feature to match a model within a picture.


                                      TOY.jpg

                                      My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • hazlettH
                                        hazlett
                                        last edited by

                                        I like all your posted car photo. However, the color black is really capture my attention.

                                        web developer East London

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • majidM
                                          majid
                                          last edited by

                                          Thanks for your comment , mate. I am still experimenting the wrapping texture and will update the topic soon.

                                          My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • jujuJ
                                            juju
                                            last edited by

                                            Indgo Renderer, check out the car paints materials.

                                            Link Preview Image
                                            Material database | Indigo Renderer

                                            favicon

                                            (www.indigorenderer.com)

                                            Vehicles gallery here:

                                            http://www.indigorenderer.com/image-galleries/vehicles

                                            Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 2 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement