sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    1899 La Jamais Contente (The Never Satisfied)

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    13 Posts 8 Posters 1.7k Views 8 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • tademaT
      tadema
      last edited by

      Steve, Grrrr πŸ˜„ Brilliant. It's great to view a series of models with a theme (one off/only one), I would love to see all these compiled into a book.

      When you take the plunge into rendering, I'm retiring.

      John

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • pilouP
        pilou
        last edited by

        Excellent 😎 And what a tragedy! 😲

        Frenchy Pilou
        Is beautiful that please without concept!
        My Little site :)

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • hellnbakH
          hellnbak
          last edited by

          @tadema said:

          Steve, Grrrr πŸ˜„ Brilliant. It's great to view a series of models with a theme (one off/only one), I would love to see all these compiled into a book.

          When you take the plunge into rendering, I'm retiring.

          John

          Thanks, John

          Got a bunch of them to post yet. Just need to find the time.

          Don't worry about me taking the rendering plunge, it just ain't gonna happen. Ever. (and even if it did happen, nothing I could do could come close to your work)

          Steve

          @pilou said:

          Excellent 😎 And what a tragedy! 😲

          Thanks, and yes, it was a really tragic way to go. What was he thinking, "hey, we're all out here with guns looking for something to kill, I'll hide and see if I can trick them into thinking I'm something they would like to shoot"

          Wow

          "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • leedeeteeL
            leedeetee
            last edited by

            Mate, these are so good. Absolutely love what you do. Every time I see them I'm inspired.

            I know zero about cars but really enjoy reading your write ups, too.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • leedeeteeL
              leedeetee
              last edited by

              Just a quick question, do you model 'from eye' or do you have plans to work from?

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Mike LuceyM
                Mike Lucey
                last edited by

                Great modeling and great read, thanks πŸ‘

                Support us so we can support you! Upgrade to Premium Membership!

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Mike AmosM
                  Mike Amos
                  last edited by

                  Fantastic model well up to your usual standards.

                  Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • hellnbakH
                    hellnbak
                    last edited by

                    @leedeetee said:

                    Mate, these are so good. Absolutely love what you do. Every time I see them I'm inspired.
                    I know zero about cars but really enjoy reading your write ups, too.
                    Just a quick question, do you model 'from eye' or do you have plans to work from?

                    Thanks, Lee

                    I very rarely find useable plans or blueprints to work from. And when I think I have found one it usually turns out that they are not all that accurate. I really prefer to work by just eyeballing everything.

                    @mike lucey said:

                    Great modeling and great read, thanks πŸ‘

                    I appreciate the kind words, Mike. I tried to keep the narrative short, I sometimes get carried away with my enthusiasm and it turns into a novella πŸ˜†

                    @mike amos said:

                    Fantastic model well up to your usual standards.

                    Many thanks, Mike.

                    "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • david_hD
                      david_h
                      last edited by

                      Very nicely done. I guess I ought to try that kind of modeling some day. Of course if I were modeling it. . it would called la "Jamais Capable" or La "Jamais Fonctionelle" πŸ’š

                      Tres Bien Fait Monsieur. πŸ‘

                      If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • hellnbakH
                        hellnbak
                        last edited by

                        @david_h said:

                        Very nicely done. I guess I ought to try that kind of modeling some day. Of course if I were modeling it. . it would called la "Jamais Capable" or La "Jamais Fonctionelle" πŸ’š

                        Tres Bien Fait Monsieur. πŸ‘

                        Ummm...I didn't understand a lot of that, but, yes, please do give it a try. We need more vehicle modelers here!!!!!

                        I'm so lonely 😒

                        "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • david_hD
                          david_h
                          last edited by

                          Translation. . .the Never Capable or the Never Works. πŸ’š I still struggle with getting window holes punched in walls.

                          Well done, Monsieur. That's french for Senor!

                          If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • Bryan KB
                            Bryan K
                            last edited by

                            Beautiful! Well done! The undercarriage detail is incredible. πŸ‘

                            See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                            Register Login
                            • 1 / 1
                            • First post
                              Last post
                            Buy SketchPlus
                            Buy SUbD
                            Buy WrapR
                            Buy eBook
                            Buy Modelur
                            Buy Vertex Tools
                            Buy SketchCuisine
                            Buy FormFonts

                            Advertisement