sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Downtown Pocket Park

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    20 Posts 8 Posters 1.6k Views 8 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Bryan KB
      Bryan K
      last edited by

      Rendered.


      pocket park render.jpg

      See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • tademaT
        tadema
        last edited by

        Nice one Bryan, it's been great to watch this one develop πŸ‘

        John

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Bryan KB
          Bryan K
          last edited by

          @tadema said:

          Nice one Bryan, it's been great to watch this one develop πŸ‘

          John

          Thanks John. πŸ‘

          I'm still not happy with the render. Something about Kerky is giving me problems. I tried several presets and some were too dark and some too light and the one I like was too low resolution.

          I'll have to fiddle with it some more.

          See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • Bryan KB
            Bryan K
            last edited by

            Updated interiors.


            pocket park 10 large.jpg


            pocket park 11 large.jpg


            pocket park 12 large.jpg


            pocket park 13 large.jpg


            pocket park 14 large.jpg

            See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Bryan KB
              Bryan K
              last edited by

              Last post. 2 renders.

              Kerkythea. First done with MLT and the second with PhotonMap Medium AA.03.

              MLT - 20 hours
              Photonmap - 20 minutes


              pocket park render 2.jpg


              pocket park render 3.jpg

              See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • marked001M
                marked001
                last edited by

                definitely getting there... going to put some kind of light texture on all that white hardscaping??

                http://www.revision21vis.com

                instagram: revi21on

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Bryan KB
                  Bryan K
                  last edited by

                  @marked001 said:

                  definitely getting there... going to put some kind of light texture on all that white hardscaping??

                  Hmm. Hadn't thought about that. I was pretty much done with it. I wasn't even going to render it until Pete had to say something. πŸ˜†

                  And I was going to leave it like it is until YOU said something. πŸ˜†

                  Now that both my arms have been twisted, I'll it give a try.

                  But I'm only going to do the sidewalks! (I swear and that's it!) πŸ˜†

                  (and maybe touch up the water and solar panel reflections and er, maybe the tree leaves, and well the...)

                  See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Bryan KB
                    Bryan K
                    last edited by

                    Render update. Better, but...


                    pocket park final 4 large.jpg

                    See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • ken28875K
                      ken28875
                      last edited by

                      Cool models, Brian. πŸ˜„

                      Is that a real project or for fun?

                      The first time I looked at it, the gate reminds me of the one in Chinatown/San Francisco.

                      Have a great weekend!

                      _KN

                      Follow Your Dreams.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • hellnbakH
                        hellnbak
                        last edited by

                        πŸ‘

                        "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • Bryan KB
                          Bryan K
                          last edited by

                          @ken28875 said:

                          Cool models, Brian. πŸ˜„

                          Is that a real project or for fun?

                          The first time I looked at it, the gate reminds me of the one in Chinatown/San Francisco.

                          Have a great weekend!

                          _KN

                          Just for fun.

                          Thanks. I was trying for a lite traditional Asian feel/influence without overdoing it.

                          See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • Bryan KB
                            Bryan K
                            last edited by

                            @hellnbak said:

                            :thumb:

                            Thank you sir. πŸ‘

                            See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • Mike AmosM
                              Mike Amos
                              last edited by

                              Terrible, makes a park look like a postage stamp, honestly.....

                              Seriously, cool work as usual, a masterful use of space and allusion to there being more than there actually is. Truly brilliant Bryan.

                              Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • Bryan KB
                                Bryan K
                                last edited by

                                @mike amos said:

                                Terrible, makes a park look like a postage stamp, honestly.....

                                Seriously, cool work as usual, a masterful use of space and allusion to there being more than there actually is. Truly brilliant Bryan.

                                πŸ˜† Thanks Mike. I had to make a lot of compromises from my original vision. There was supposed to be a lot more bamboo and the main path was supposed to wind more. I had to laugh when I saw Watkins post over in the WIP thread. He pretty much mentioned most of the things I wanted to include, but couldn't due to the model becoming too large and un-workable.

                                I still like the resultant design, but I'm not real thrilled with the final render. It came close to what I wanted. Oh well, practice, practice, practice!

                                See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0

                                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                Register Login
                                • 1 / 1
                                • First post
                                  Last post
                                Buy SketchPlus
                                Buy SUbD
                                Buy WrapR
                                Buy eBook
                                Buy Modelur
                                Buy Vertex Tools
                                Buy SketchCuisine
                                Buy FormFonts

                                Advertisement