sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    I'm tearing my hair out....

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    21 Posts 6 Posters 1.5k Views 6 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • L
      lockha
      last edited by

      Hi Dave
      So we just downloaded it again. We specifically asked for 13, but what we got is the "Sketchup 8 Installer package"

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • jeff hammondJ
        jeff hammond
        last edited by

        @lockha said:

        Hi Dave
        So we just downloaded it again. We specifically asked for 13, but what we got is the "Sketchup 8 Installer package"

        can you post the link where you're downloading from? thanks

        dotdotdot

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • ely862meE
          ely862me
          last edited by

          I think this might be (similar to) your problem !

          404 Not Found

          favicon

          (sketchucation.com)

          Elisei (sketchupper)


          Before no life was done on Earth it was THE LIFE ITSELF...GOD
          Come and See EliseiDesign

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • L
            lockha
            last edited by

            Fastly error: unknown domain 151.101.1.91

            favicon

            (google-sketchup.en.softonic.com)

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Dave RD
              Dave R
              last edited by

              That's where you're getting it from? Why in the world would you not go to SketchUp.com and download it from the real source?

              Etaoin Shrdlu

              %

              (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

              G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

              M30

              %

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • ely862meE
                ely862me
                last edited by

                Indeed, why? I thought you would follow Box's link: http://www.sketchup.com/download/all .

                Elisei (sketchupper)


                Before no life was done on Earth it was THE LIFE ITSELF...GOD
                Come and See EliseiDesign

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • L
                  lockha
                  last edited by

                  Indeed why? The answer is when I Googled Sketchup, that's where I was taken. No Sketchup link showed up. I'll try the link you suggest. Thank you.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Dave RD
                    Dave R
                    last edited by

                    Odd. When I type 'SketchUp' in the search line, my browser goes right to sketchup.com.

                    Good luck.

                    Etaoin Shrdlu

                    %

                    (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                    G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                    M30

                    %

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • L
                      lockha
                      last edited by

                      Well, I used the link suggested, downloaded 2013, when the download was complete I found a box called Sketchup Make that referred to 2013, dragged it over to Applications as it instructed, opened up Sketchup and, as every time before, it's still Sk 8... I may be doing something wrong, let me rephrase that I'm probably doing something wrong, but I don't know what that is. should I uninstall everything and download again, should I take all the stuff in my download screen that refers to Sketchup and trash it, or do both?

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • gillesG
                        gilles
                        last edited by

                        What os is yours?

                        2013 does not run on snow leopard.

                        The box you refer to must be a package, try double clicking it instead of dragging it.

                        " c'est curieux chez les marins ce besoin de faire des phrases "

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • L
                          lockha
                          last edited by

                          I just upgraded to mavericks 10.9.1 because I'd been told about the Snow Leopard issue. Didn't seem to change anything.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • gillesG
                            gilles
                            last edited by

                            Did you reinstall 2013 after upgrading?
                            I just install 2013 on my computer with the link Elisei has given and I can see it in macintosh HD/applications as Sketchup 2013 of course it does not open as I'm running under snow leopard.

                            " c'est curieux chez les marins ce besoin de faire des phrases "

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • L
                              lockha
                              last edited by

                              I tried to reinstall, I think... What I'm doing right now is, I uninstalled everything that I could find that referred to Sketchup except the drawings, I'm now downloading 2013 (again, sigh). It should be finished downloading in about a half hour and I'll try to reinstall then and see what happens.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • L
                                lockha
                                last edited by

                                IT WORKED!!!!!!
                                Thank you all for your help and patience. I'm going for a Scotch now.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • jeff hammondJ
                                  jeff hammond
                                  last edited by

                                  @lockha said:

                                  Well, I used the link suggested, downloaded 2013, when the download was complete I found a box called Sketchup Make that referred to 2013, dragged it over to Applications as it instructed, opened up Sketchup and, as every time before, it's still Sk 8... I may be doing something wrong, let me rephrase that I'm probably doing something wrong, but I don't know what that is. should I uninstall everything and download again, should I take all the stuff in my download screen that refers to Sketchup and trash it, or do both?

                                  sounds like you installed it right.. (mounted the .dmg then dragged the 'box' which is actually a folder to the applications folder)

                                  2013 will install alongside past versions so if you were just clicking on the icon in the dock to launch it, you were launching whatever specific version the icon was linked to.. you have to go specifically to the su2013 folder in your apps folder to launch it. (and add its icon to the dock instead of the other one.. or keep both.

                                  @lockha said:

                                  IT WORKED!!!!!!
                                  Thank you all for your help and patience. I'm going for a Scotch now.

                                  oops..
                                  nevermind then.. ignore the above stuff (until it comes time to install another version)

                                  dotdotdot

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • Dave RD
                                    Dave R
                                    last edited by

                                    Drink one for me.

                                    Glad you got it going. I was between work and home so missed the opportunity to suggest you look for any caches or Plists and delete them before installing. Oh well, onward!

                                    Etaoin Shrdlu

                                    %

                                    (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                                    G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                                    M30

                                    %

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0

                                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                    Register Login
                                    • 1
                                    • 2
                                    • 1 / 2
                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    Buy SketchPlus
                                    Buy SUbD
                                    Buy WrapR
                                    Buy eBook
                                    Buy Modelur
                                    Buy Vertex Tools
                                    Buy SketchCuisine
                                    Buy FormFonts

                                    Advertisement