sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    The apartment with paintings

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    43 Posts 26 Posters 5.5k Views 26 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • olisheaO
      olishea
      last edited by

      Spectacular work Massimo!

      What's the mesh emitter compared to a normal emitter?

      I have no favourite images from this scene, each one is equally as stunning as the last. The specular on the paintings is 100% convincing. Hats off! πŸ‘

      oli

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • massimoM
        massimo Moderator
        last edited by

        Thanks Oli. πŸ˜„
        Well for the lamps I've just used a rectangular surface with an IES light applied.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • soloS
          solo
          last edited by

          Oh well, it was fun this whole rendering thing, after seeing your stuff I realize I'm still a noob.

          πŸ‘

          Thanks for ruining my delusions with this masterpiece.

          http://www.solos-art.com

          If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • CarlohC
            Carloh
            last edited by

            Amazing! Which thea engine did you use?

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • massimoM
              massimo Moderator
              last edited by massimo

              Thanks for the very kind words guys. πŸ˜„

              @unknownuser said:

              Which thea engine did you use?

              TR2-->high supersampling.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • CarlohC
                Carloh
                last edited by

                Would you mind showing the raw renders? I'm curious how much postpro is in these masterpieces...and second question: how many passes and how long did the rendering take? Thanks in advance πŸ˜„

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Rich O BrienR
                  Rich O Brien Moderator
                  last edited by

                  I want to put one of these in our gallery....

                  Have you a preference? Or will I put them all up?

                  They are amazing

                  Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • massimoM
                    massimo Moderator
                    last edited by

                    @unknownuser said:

                    Would you mind showing the raw renders?

                    Here you go. I saved them as EXR.
                    scene_05_raw.jpg

                    @unknownuser said:

                    how many passes and how long did the rendering take?

                    Around 100 I don't remember exactly how many. The original size was 1500x1043 px. They took quite long time (overnight, around 9-10 hrs), but probably I could have stop them before. Also I have an old i7 with only 6 Gb of ram.

                    Thank you very much Rich. Pick the one you prefer. I trust your taste. πŸ˜„

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Rich O BrienR
                      Rich O Brien Moderator
                      last edited by

                      http://sketchucation.com/community/gallery/66-the-apartment-with-paintings πŸ‘

                      Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • massimoM
                        massimo Moderator
                        last edited by

                        Thanks. πŸ˜‰

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • jarynzlesaJ
                          jarynzlesa
                          last edited by

                          just amazing renders πŸ‘

                          http://www.vizualizaceschodiste.mypage.cz/

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • FrederikF
                            Frederik
                            last edited by

                            These are SO incredible amazing... πŸ‘

                            You're a true master, massimo...
                            http://kerkythea.net/users/Frederik/Anim-Icons/praise.gif

                            Cheers
                            Kim Frederik

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • tinanneT
                              tinanne
                              last edited by

                              These are really incredible. Absolutely beautiful work.

                              Executive Director : American Society of Architectural Illustrators
                              AIP 30 Competition opens soon. ASAI.org

                              Architectural Rendering

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • allanxA
                                allanx
                                last edited by

                                Those renders are fantastic Massimo...Great job.

                                allanx

                                Portfolio

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • massimoM
                                  massimo Moderator
                                  last edited by

                                  Thanks again everyone. πŸ˜„

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • pilouP
                                    pilou
                                    last edited by

                                    Panini in reduction! πŸ˜‰

                                    Frenchy Pilou
                                    Is beautiful that please without concept!
                                    My Little site :)

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • CarlohC
                                      Carloh
                                      last edited by

                                      😲 i thought there was much more postproduction in these...makes it even more amazing πŸ‘

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • J
                                        jpalm32
                                        last edited by

                                        Wow! Just wow!

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • massimoM
                                          massimo Moderator
                                          last edited by

                                          Thanks. πŸ˜„

                                          @carloh said:

                                          i thought there was much more postproduction in these...

                                          Well I'm not interested in heavy post production. I mean you can do whatever you want with a computer. I prefer to have some "rules", something like you were in a real darkroom.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • cheddaC
                                            chedda
                                            last edited by

                                            Great job, is the picture frame geometry ?

                                            Kraken Wrangler https://www.flickr.com/photos/132441293@N03/

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 1 / 3
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement