sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Home elevation views on hillside

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    3 Posts 2 Posters 370 Views 2 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • I
      Individuals
      last edited by

      Hello everyone,

      I've been a lurker for some time, and finally have a question!

      I have a house on a surface made from a set of contours. I would like to get good elevation views of the house, specifically showing the contour surface cut where it intersects the house. I like the way a section plane makes the surface cut a nice thick line, but I cannot get the section plane right on the wall of the house without cutting the roof overhang, which I would like to keep whole. Is there any way of excluding components (e.g. the roof) from a section cut, or is there a better way to achieve the look without moving the roof component "back" so it isn't being cut? Is this something that can be done in LayOut?

      I am using Pro 2013 and LayOut, and I appreciate any help or tips you can offer!

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Dave RD
        Dave R
        last edited by

        Make the terrain a component or group. then open that component of group for editing and insert your section plane. The section plane will only cut the active component of group.

        Etaoin Shrdlu

        %

        (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

        G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

        M30

        %

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • I
          Individuals
          last edited by

          That's great, thanks!

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0

          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

          Register Login
          • 1 / 1
          • First post
            Last post
          Buy SketchPlus
          Buy SUbD
          Buy WrapR
          Buy eBook
          Buy Modelur
          Buy Vertex Tools
          Buy SketchCuisine
          Buy FormFonts

          Advertisement