sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Sketchup 2013 issues

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    208 Posts 53 Posters 54.8k Views 53 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • GaieusG
      Gaieus
      last edited by

      Well, hopefully. Now I am afraid I'll need to memorize some further shortcuts. πŸ˜„

      Gai...

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • KrisidiousK
        Krisidious
        last edited by

        I have a post going about Jim's toolbar. Thom, Ray and TIG were looking so maybe we'll get a fix.

        By: Kristoff Rand
        Home DesignerUnique House Plans

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Chris FullmerC
          Chris Fullmer
          last edited by

          Hi all, a few things here. It's true, OS 10.6 is no longer supported, you will need to upgrade to 10.7. Most plugins should load, but there will be those that do not. Charly, I think that first one is Aeriliius's, and he has a new version. So delete that one and go install his new one:
          http://extensions.sketchup.com/en/user/321/store

          And also, toolbar icons are customizable only on the default SU toolbars, not ruby toolbars. I realize it might not be that apparent which is which, but sandbox, DC's Advanced Camera Tools, True North, Shadow Strings are all ruby toolbars.

          Chris

          Lately you've been tan, suspicious for the winter.
          All my Plugins I've written

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • KrisidiousK
            Krisidious
            last edited by

            Thanks Chris...

            BTW... See all of those kool icons at the link you gave? I want every tool in sketchup, ruby or native to have the ability to make an icon and to put it on a toolbar that I made. every thing sketchup can do, I want to be able to put on a toolbar. Thanks and get on that.

            πŸ‘ Seriously thanks for the hard work. πŸ‘ I know everyone is being a bit hard on the SU Dev Team right now. πŸ‘Ώ But we do love you guys. Well, I do. πŸ˜„

            I love Sketchup the way it is and I'm not really in need of too much more. Bug fixes yes, new tools are kool, but I can't think of anything I can't do without a plugin. So it's not like I was expecting something else and didn't get it. And I've really been needing these layout improvements since I started doing my Finals in it. But we must remember that POW's often exalt the stale bread they are given when starving. just kidding... kinda. 🀣

            By: Kristoff Rand
            Home DesignerUnique House Plans

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • S
              sepo
              last edited by

              Any Idea how to go about plugins such as rendering soft such as vray, lightup, podium, twilight, thea. Do you need to reinstall them or just move folders?

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • KrisidiousK
                Krisidious
                last edited by

                Sepo... I'm going to recommend reinstalling each of them. Much more complex than rubys.

                By: Kristoff Rand
                Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • GaieusG
                  Gaieus
                  last edited by

                  I simply copied the Twilight files into the new folder and it seems to work fine. I have not tested any others yet.

                  Gai...

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • pilouP
                    pilou
                    last edited by

                    Maybe It will be a good idea to make a board with the plugins working or not with the new version ?

                    Frenchy Pilou
                    Is beautiful that please without concept!
                    My Little site :)

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Alan FraserA
                      Alan Fraser
                      last edited by

                      Yes, Twilight migrates ok by simply copying...because it's all contained within Plugins. On Windows, at least, V-Ray also has a ASGvis folder in Program Files(x86) with dlls and stuff, some of which point to the SU installation...so it needs re-installing.

                      3D Figures
                      Were you required to walk 500 miles? Were you advised to walk 500 more?
                      You could be entitled to compensation. Call the Pro Claimers now!

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Chris FullmerC
                        Chris Fullmer
                        last edited by

                        Good question on those rendering plugins. It depends on how they were written. I think many come with fancy installers that tweak registry settings and add files to various locations on the computer. Some might not do anything like that, I'm really not sure. You can try to copy them over and hope it works. But you might be best off just reinstalling them, then you make sure you download the most recent version, and it gets installed how it wants you to install it.

                        Generally, we did not do things that would break plugins moving from SU 8 to SU 2013. But there are always exceptions and unintended consequences...

                        Chris

                        Lately you've been tan, suspicious for the winter.
                        All my Plugins I've written

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • jeff hammondJ
                          jeff hammond
                          last edited by

                          @circus said:

                          ?? I am on a mac book pro, Processor 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Memory 4 GB, while I haven't tried to upgrade to 10.7 or later, and not being technically minded, I was lead to believe that I am unable to upgrade?

                          p.

                          http://support.apple.com/kb/SP629
                          you can upgrade to lion (10.7.x) but that's where it stops for your computer.. you can't go to mountain lion (10.8) or higher.. but sketchup 2013 will run on lion 10.7

                          dotdotdot

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • GaieusG
                            Gaieus
                            last edited by

                            @alan fraser said:

                            You'll notice that Fredo made a very dipomatic amendment to his library files here (the LibFredo6 stuff) a few weeks back (Something about a version incompatibility fix, if I remember rightly) πŸ˜„

                            Alan, you might even break NDA' here... πŸ˜‰

                            Gai...

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • S
                              sepo
                              last edited by

                              On my laptop I can move the icons about but on my desktop I can't ....wierd... both Windows 7

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • Alan FraserA
                                Alan Fraser
                                last edited by

                                @unknownuser said:

                                Maybe It will be a good idea to make a board with the plugins working or not with the new version ?

                                Maybe, but other than Jim's Toolbar pretty much all plugins ought to be be working. Between them, I would imagine that the Beta testers have probably got just about every plugin out there (if they don't actually write them). They would most likely have come across most problems during the test period.

                                3D Figures
                                Were you required to walk 500 miles? Were you advised to walk 500 more?
                                You could be entitled to compensation. Call the Pro Claimers now!

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • Alan FraserA
                                  Alan Fraser
                                  last edited by

                                  @gaieus said:

                                  Alan, you might even break NDA' here... πŸ˜‰

                                  Diplomatically edited. πŸ˜‰

                                  3D Figures
                                  Were you required to walk 500 miles? Were you advised to walk 500 more?
                                  You could be entitled to compensation. Call the Pro Claimers now!

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • GaieusG
                                    Gaieus
                                    last edited by

                                    @alan fraser said:

                                    ...Diplomatically edited. πŸ˜‰

                                    Not my software - and not my Beta forums & NDA - but thanks. πŸ˜„

                                    Gai...

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • kenK
                                      ken
                                      last edited by

                                      Ok, previously I had Sketchup V8 crash repeatedly lately as indicated in another thread. Last night and today, I have done everything I know that made V8 crash, and no crash. Crossing my fingers, but this does seem to be stable. If that proves to be true, this is a BIG improvement.

                                      I am so far happy with the new version.

                                      I especially like the extension web site.

                                      Ken

                                      Fight like your the third monkey on Noah's Ark gangway.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • thomthomT
                                        thomthom
                                        last edited by

                                        @sepo said:

                                        Any Idea how to go about plugins such as rendering soft such as vray, lightup, podium, twilight, thea. Do you need to reinstall them or just move folders?

                                        Any plugin/extension that comes with an installer I'd install manually instead of copying.

                                        Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                        List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • S
                                          sepo
                                          last edited by

                                          That makes sense Thomas

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • KrisidiousK
                                            Krisidious
                                            last edited by

                                            Is it just me or is copy and paste from Sketchup to Layout not working?

                                            By: Kristoff Rand
                                            Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 10
                                            • 11
                                            • 2 / 11
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement