sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Plugin Fredo Library question and additional plugins folder?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    10 Posts 5 Posters 824 Views 5 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • shannakaeS
      shannakae
      last edited by

      Hey, I have a couple of the Fredo plugins installed already like round corners and curviloft. I was looking at the other plugins available and noticed that he has the library as a single download. If I install the library (which already has some of the plugins I have installed) what will happen to the ones I have installed? Will it mess me up? Do i need to remove the ones I have installed first?

      Oh and I was also wondering about the additional plugins folder? Could I install this, on my dropbox drive, so I can share the plugins with my work computer? If so, would it support all of my plugins? If so, then I am assuming there is a way to tell sketchup where to look for plugins moving forward? (on both of my computers) This would be nice also because If I buy a new computer I wont have to re install all the plugins again.

      Any thoughts? Thanks!

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • mitcorbM
        mitcorb
        last edited by

        I think(?) the already installed ones will be overwritten, or you will be prompted to do so, since the bundle will deploy in the same destinations--that being the Plugins subfolder within the program.
        All of the plugins are portable, whether by usb drive or other, so long as the extensions are preserved. Zipped files will need to be unzipped at their destination.
        Be sure that you have the latest version of Libfredo, if that is not also part of the bundle. As a final caution, look in Fredo's thread to verify any of the above.

        I take the slow, deliberate approach in my aimless wandering.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • shannakaeS
          shannakae
          last edited by

          @mitcorb said:

          I think(?) the already installed ones will be overwritten, or you will be prompted to do so, since the bundle will deploy in the same destinations--that being the Plugins subfolder within the program.
          All of the plugins are portable, whether by usb drive or other, so long as the extensions are preserved. Zipped files will need to be unzipped at their destination.
          Be sure that you have the latest version of Libfredo, if that is not also part of the bundle. As a final caution, look in Fredo's thread to verify any of the above.

          Ok thanks! really appreciate it.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • fredo6F
            fredo6
            last edited by

            @shannakae said:

            I was looking at the other plugins available and noticed that he has the library as a single download.

            Shanna,

            I don't think I released a bundle package. What is the name of this 'library as a single download'?

            Fredo

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • shannakaeS
              shannakae
              last edited by

              @unknownuser said:

              @shannakae said:

              I was looking at the other plugins available and noticed that he has the library as a single download.

              Shanna,

              I don't think I released a bundle package. What is the name of this 'library as a single download'?

              Fredo

              Upon further review, I see that I was mistaken : /,
              I was looking at the plugins library and the additional plugins folder... I was thinking the plugin library was a sort of "download all your cool plugins at once thing".

              Would you mind telling me what the plugin library is so I can decide if I need to install it, (or maybe I already have it??), Also did you see my question about putting the additional plugins folder on my dropbox ? I am sort of new so please excuse the ignorance : ), Do you know if there is a way to put ALL of my plugins, not just yours, in that folder and have sketchup look there for the plugins?, I am assuming that is the point of the additional plugins folder, but wanted to get a better idea how it would work?

              Thanks so much for creating these FANTASTIC plugins!!!! Love them, love them, love them.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • mitcorbM
                mitcorb
                last edited by

                And I thought that FredoTools was a bundle. My mistake.

                I take the slow, deliberate approach in my aimless wandering.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • shannakaeS
                  shannakae
                  last edited by

                  @mitcorb said:

                  And I thought that FredoTools was a bundle. My mistake.

                  Power of suggestion 😉

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • fredo6F
                    fredo6
                    last edited by

                    @shannakae said:

                    Would you mind telling me what the plugin library is so I can decide if I need to install it, (or maybe I already have it??)

                    LibFredo6 is mainly Ruby code shared by all my plugins. It also drives the start up of the plugin. So you'll need it and you may already have it installed. Always check if you have the latest version.

                    @shannakae said:

                    Also did you see my question about putting the additional plugins folder on my dropbox ? I am sort of new so please excuse the ignorance : ), Do you know if there is a way to put ALL of my plugins, not just yours, in that folder and have sketchup look there for the plugins?, I am assuming that is the point of the additional plugins folder, but wanted to get a better idea how it would work?

                    000AdditionalPluginsFolder MUST be installed in th standard SU Plugin directory.
                    But once you have installed it, you can define any folder as additional directories where SU will look for plugins (see Doc in main post).
                    In your case, just define your dropbox folder as an additional folders and put LibFredo6.Rb, LIBFREDO6_Dir_47 folder and my plugins in there.

                    Fredo

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • BoxB
                      Box
                      last edited by

                      This thread, http://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=40866 explains how to do what you want with dropbox and plugins. It works perfectly.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • GaieusG
                        Gaieus
                        last edited by

                        @unknownuser said:

                        @shannakae said:

                        Would you mind telling me what the plugin library is so I can decide if I need to install it, (or maybe I already have it??)

                        LibFredo6 is mainly Ruby code shared by all my plugins. It also drives the start up of the plugin. So you'll need it and you may already have it installed. Always check if you have the latest version.

                        Beside Fredo, Thomthom uses this approach for some of his plugins, too. So watch when you install something and it does not work: it is very likely that you overlooked something and need TT_Lib too.

                        Gai...

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1 / 1
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Buy SketchPlus
                        Buy SUbD
                        Buy WrapR
                        Buy eBook
                        Buy Modelur
                        Buy Vertex Tools
                        Buy SketchCuisine
                        Buy FormFonts

                        Advertisement