sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Cloth, fabrics, towels, bedding, rugs and stuff like that.

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    64 Posts 24 Posters 10.6k Views 24 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • soloS
      solo
      last edited by

      @hellnbak said:

      @solo said:

      @mwm5053 said:

      Dang Pete your on a role what's your secret.

      There is no real secret besides these are not made in Sketchup, I use a 3rd party app, create my mesh, map it then take it into another 3rd party app and reduce it to medium mesh and low mesh, re-apply the UV's and export to SU, do a clean up, tweak mats and render.

      Huh. And I thought it might be complicated 😲

      Once you got the workflow down it's actually fun. The cost is the 3rd party apps and the time to learn them, so I will do that and sell the models for a very low price, so that y'all do not need to incur costs and time learning new software.

      Talking about costs, would y'all prefer models sold separate or as a bundle?

      http://www.solos-art.com

      If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • RichardR
        Richard
        last edited by

        Can we make requests Pete? I'd love some towels hanging over rails!!!

        BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • pbacotP
          pbacot
          last edited by

          Small bundles ;; like the essential plants. Decent bed clothes, curtains, throws, wet drapery...

          MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • Rich O BrienR
            Rich O Brien Moderator
            last edited by

            @richard said:

            Can we make requests Pete? I'd love some towels hanging over rails!!!

            We can even brand them....

            dick-towel.png

            Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • RichardR
              Richard
              last edited by

              Hey hang on Rich! I'm not sure I want people drying there private parts with my face!!!

              BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • olisheaO
                olishea
                last edited by

                @richard said:

                Hey hang on Rich! I'm not sure I want people drying there private parts with my face!!!

                Maybe the feeling's mutual πŸ˜†

                oli

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • RichardR
                  Richard
                  last edited by

                  @pbacot said:

                  Small bundles ;; like the essential plants. Decent bed clothes, curtains, throws, wet drapery...

                  OR

                  Home collection (lower total cost), then separate

                  Bath collection,
                  Bedding collection,
                  Throw collection,
                  Curtain collection,
                  Wardrobe collection.

                  BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • RichardR
                    Richard
                    last edited by

                    @olishea said:

                    @richard said:

                    Hey hang on Rich! I'm not sure I want people drying there private parts with my face!!!

                    Maybe the feeling's mutual πŸ˜†

                    Hmmmm? Gives thoughts as to a novel printed toilet paper range! Printed politician roll!

                    BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Rich O BrienR
                      Rich O Brien Moderator
                      last edited by

                      50 shades of Brown?

                      Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • hellnbakH
                        hellnbak
                        last edited by

                        I'd like a pile of dirty underwear

                        "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • utilerU
                          utiler
                          last edited by

                          @solo said:

                          @mwm5053 said:

                          Dang Pete your on a role what's your secret.

                          There is no real secret besides these are not made in Sketchup, I use a 3rd party app, create my mesh, map it then take it into another 3rd party app and reduce it to medium mesh and low mesh, re-apply the UV's and export to SU, do a clean up, tweak mats and render.

                          Damn! I was hoping we'd see a workflow vid before too long....

                          Just Curious...

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • olisheaO
                            olishea
                            last edited by

                            @rich o brien said:

                            50 shades of Brown?

                            love it! πŸ˜†

                            oli

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • Bryan KB
                              Bryan K
                              last edited by

                              I haz gots to get Artisan! (I read your process, but not still sure if it's Artisan, but nonetheless...)

                              Top notch work as always Solo. Absolutely outstanding and ever raising the bar.

                              See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • hellnbakH
                                hellnbak
                                last edited by

                                So I guess it's a no-go on my dirty underwear request. Skid marks too difficult? πŸ˜’

                                "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • soloS
                                  solo
                                  last edited by

                                  @richard said:

                                  @pbacot said:

                                  Small bundles ;; like the essential plants. Decent bed clothes, curtains, throws, wet drapery...

                                  OR

                                  Home collection (lower total cost), then separate

                                  Bath collection,
                                  Bedding collection,
                                  Throw collection,
                                  Curtain collection,
                                  Wardrobe collection.

                                  Sounds like a plan, here are the first two sets.

                                  cloth draped over a rod

                                  Cloth draped over a table

                                  http://www.solos-art.com

                                  If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • ken28875K
                                    ken28875
                                    last edited by

                                    @solo said:

                                    There is no real secret besides these are not made in Sketchup, I use a 3rd party app, create my mesh, map it then take it into another 3rd party app and reduce it to medium mesh and low mesh, re-apply the UV's and export to SU, do a clean up, tweak mats and render.

                                    Hi Pete,

                                    I thought you made them in Sketchup with Artisan. Nice modeling and texturing nonetheless.

                                    May I know what are the 3rd party apps for modeling and texturing?

                                    Have a great afternoon!

                                    _KN

                                    Follow Your Dreams.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • jo-keJ
                                      jo-ke
                                      last edited by

                                      Really great stuff!!!!
                                      Nothing better in renders then good textiles

                                      http://www.zz7.de

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • RichardR
                                        Richard
                                        last edited by

                                        Freaky good Pete! Mate I'd not miss putting some tidy arranged towels etc in the sets. Not all may want to go for that messy look!

                                        BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • soloS
                                          solo
                                          last edited by

                                          Ill do some folded towels and clothes in a seperate pack.

                                          Here are some curtains

                                          curtain set.jpg

                                          http://www.solos-art.com

                                          If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • soloS
                                            solo
                                            last edited by

                                            deck chair towel.jpg

                                            deck chair towe 2l.jpg


                                            deck chair towe 3l.jpg

                                            http://www.solos-art.com

                                            If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 1 / 4
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement