sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    GQ UK 2013 Watch edition

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    40 Posts 28 Posters 22.1k Views 28 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • soloS
      solo
      last edited by

      Something I did a few months ago, I used it in my Thea presentation at base camp to show how the new Thea4SU plugin works.

      All done within Sketchup, the animation was exported to render farm (another in progress feature)

      It is for the 2013 watch edition.

      Here is a collage of the raw render, magazine cover, iPad app and credits.

      GQ-cover.jpg

      Here is the animation (reduced) that was used for ipad app.

      http://www.solos-art.com

      If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • utilerU
        utiler
        last edited by

        top notch, Pete! πŸ‘

        Just Curious...

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • cottyC
          cotty
          last edited by

          😲 πŸ‘

          my SketchUp gallery

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • novenaN
            novena
            last edited by

            impressive work solo! congrats... as I understand you did the animation in SU, did you use any plugin for animate??? is the animation rendered as well in Thea???
            great work
            best
            V

            http://hdzarkitektur.wordpress.com/

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • jenujacobJ
              jenujacob
              last edited by

              @novena said:

              impressive work solo! congrats... as I understand you did the animation in SU, did you use any plugin for animate??? is the animation rendered as well in Thea???
              great work
              best
              V

              I think he used this :
              http://regularpolygon.org/keyframe-animation/

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • jo-keJ
                jo-ke
                last edited by

                Wow! Very impressive!

                http://www.zz7.de

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • iichiversiiI
                  iichiversii
                  last edited by

                  Pete this is very impressive, well done, looks fantastic πŸ‘

                  Bring on the Rain...

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • HieruH
                    Hieru
                    last edited by

                    Fantastic work!!!

                    I saw this a while back, but wrongly assumed the animation was done with C4D. Really inspiring to see this sort of thing done with SU.

                    www.davidhier.co.uk

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • StinkieS
                      Stinkie
                      last edited by

                      Looks good. Bsd?

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • J
                        jpalm32
                        last edited by

                        Wow! How long did this take Pete?

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • marked001M
                          marked001
                          last edited by

                          wow, pete! really impressed (not that I wasn't impressed before).. how'd you score this job??

                          http://www.revision21vis.com

                          instagram: revi21on

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • DanielD
                            Daniel
                            last edited by

                            It's a photo! πŸ˜„

                            My avatar is an anachronism.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • pbacotP
                              pbacot
                              last edited by

                              Pete, this is really cool, beautiful light,animation, and texture (and realistic as hell). Very happy for you.

                              Peter

                              MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • soloS
                                solo
                                last edited by

                                Thanks guys.

                                @Victor, yes the animation was rendered with Thea, I used Keyframe animation as Jenu suggested. At the time of doing this Thea4SU did not have animation capabilities yet so Bradley (a fellow user on Thea and the owner of a render farm that will be announced in near future) helped me using KT export trick to get Thea to render the animation as set up in SU. This trick is irrelevant as Tomasz will be implementing animation support native in Thea4SU.

                                @Hieru if you look closely you can see the segmented edges, I kept this pretty low poly and light, only around 4mb.

                                @Tom The render is TR1 and the animation is BSD, I could have done the render in BSD as there was absolutely no difference in quality, I am using an internal version of Thea with the new advanced BSD fixes, you gonna like it.

                                @John, the modeling took a Saturday afternoon, the animating took a Sunday (complicated stuff as I had to learn how to make it loop and do all silly moves that look complicated but actually if you watch carefully it's elementary) and the animation took 20 minutes (on Brads farm)

                                @Jason, If I tell you I'd lose a client. πŸ’š

                                http://www.solos-art.com

                                If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • StinkieS
                                  Stinkie
                                  last edited by

                                  @solo said:

                                  (...) I am using an internal version of Thea with the new advanced BSD fixes, you gonna like it.

                                  Looking forward to it. Bsd is pretty good already -for what I do, its speed/quality ratio seems comparable to Vray's. TR1 I like too.

                                  I'm hoping the new Thea comes with a bunch of optimised, situation-specific rendering presets to pick apart and compare. Yours truly learns by experimenting. πŸ˜„

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • soloS
                                    solo
                                    last edited by

                                    @unknownuser said:

                                    @solo said:

                                    (...) I am using an internal version of Thea with the new advanced BSD fixes, you gonna like it.

                                    Looking forward to it. Bsd is pretty good already -for what I do, its speed/quality ratio seems comparable to Vray's. TR1 I like too.

                                    I'm hoping the new Thea comes with a bunch of optimised, situation-specific rendering presets to pick apart and compare. Yours truly learns by experimenting. πŸ˜„

                                    Now imagine having an additional two render options GPU biased and GPU unbiased to add to the arsenal of render options.

                                    http://www.solos-art.com

                                    If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • o2bwlnO
                                      o2bwln
                                      last edited by

                                      Pete,

                                      As usual,you bring your A game to all your work. Very impressive.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • boofredlayB
                                        boofredlay
                                        last edited by

                                        I am blown away Pete. Great indeed!

                                        http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • Paul RussamP
                                          Paul Russam
                                          last edited by

                                          Wow, that's truly impressive.
                                          Well done and congrats on getting the cover of GQ

                                          Paul Russam
                                          English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark allies, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • L
                                            liam887
                                            last edited by

                                            Great work!

                                            VISIT MY ONLINE GALLERY
                                            http://www.robotsvdinosaurs.com/

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 2 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement