sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Toy Train

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    15 Posts 7 Posters 1.2k Views 7 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • tridemT
      tridem
      last edited by

      A funny idea I had since a while...a colored and bit crazy toy train πŸ’š
      I enjoyed trying the new Thea Render version and refresh my memory about motion blur and animation tools, no postpro modifies.
      trenino-sr.jpg

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • massimoM
        massimo Moderator
        last edited by

        I like it! πŸ‘
        Maybe you can add a bit of motion blur to the train and also the material of the tank of the balls is a bit odd.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Rich O BrienR
          Rich O Brien Moderator
          last edited by

          That's great πŸ‘

          Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • tridemT
            tridem
            last edited by

            thanks guys

            @massimo said:

            Maybe you can add a bit of motion blur to the train

            naaaa...I'm too lazy for this πŸ˜†

            the tank is a thin glass material, what exactly is strange for you?

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • massimoM
              massimo Moderator
              last edited by

              @unknownuser said:

              the tank is a thin glass material

              Exactly that. I would never give to a kid a glass toy... πŸ˜›
              I would try with some plastic.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • tridemT
                tridem
                last edited by

                actually... 😳 I even increased the ior to enhance the reflection πŸ˜†

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • F
                  fabiorossi
                  last edited by

                  helloooo Tridem!!! amazing stuff by thearender!

                  my blog
                  http://progettin3d.blogspot.com/

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • tridemT
                    tridem
                    last edited by

                    Hi Fabio, thanks πŸ˜‰

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • boofredlayB
                      boofredlay
                      last edited by

                      πŸ‘

                      http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • david_hD
                        david_h
                        last edited by

                        HazzaH! and Kudos! πŸ‘

                        If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • irwanwrI
                          irwanwr
                          last edited by

                          πŸ‘ perfect.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • tridemT
                            tridem
                            last edited by

                            not yet perfect, I guess... πŸ˜†
                            thanks Irwan, David and Eric

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • david_hD
                              david_h
                              last edited by

                              I think it's great! I am still just learning THEA and I would love to know how you light one of those plain studio environments like that. I still struggle. As far as the little train itself goes. . .you oughta start talkin' to fisher/price.

                              (Of course, little kids would end up swallowing the marbles!)

                              Maybe you ought to make it so the marbles popor something as it rolls around. . . πŸ˜„

                              Remember this guy???mfXi1xy.jpg

                              If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • tridemT
                                tridem
                                last edited by

                                I've set up it in this way

                                1.jpg
                                the lighting is provided by a little sun and a IBL environment, the background image is white in front of the camera and a little motley behind, in order to enhance the reflections.
                                the other "trick" is a scratchy noise map in the reflection channel of all materials, you can glimpse it with a close view on wide surfaces

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • david_hD
                                  david_h
                                  last edited by

                                  hey that's terrific. That gives me something to start playing with.

                                  Thanks!

                                  D

                                  If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0

                                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                  With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                  Register Login
                                  • 1 / 1
                                  • First post
                                    Last post
                                  Buy SketchPlus
                                  Buy SUbD
                                  Buy WrapR
                                  Buy eBook
                                  Buy Modelur
                                  Buy Vertex Tools
                                  Buy SketchCuisine
                                  Buy FormFonts

                                  Advertisement