sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Snow at sunset

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    30 Posts 18 Posters 3.3k Views 18 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • D
      davidh
      last edited by

      A version with a frozen pond and a fotbridge,to try and bring more light into the scene.
      Bob,I use maxwell normally but add all entourage such as trees and backgrounds in photoshop.


      snowscape pond.jpg

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Bob JamesB
        Bob James
        last edited by

        Beautifully done.. πŸ‘

        i7-4930K 3.4Ghz, 2x GTX780 6GB, 32GB DDR3-1600 ECC, OCZ Vertex 4 500GB, WD Black 3TB, 32TB NAS, 4x 27" Monitors, SpaceMouse Pro, X-keys XK-60

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • tademaT
          tadema
          last edited by

          David, I just love your style they just keep getting better
          John

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • D
            davidh
            last edited by

            2 more snow images based on an old model.The first is a bright winters day,the second is a night shot and has a more christmas card look to it.The light in the second image is not exactly right so I will probably revisit this one.


            snow at noon.jpg


            snow at night 2.jpg

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • D
              davidh
              last edited by

              An icy pond.Ive really gone for an almost "blown-out" effect with the lighting,in order to try and suggest a very bright,stark day.


              snow pond.jpg

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • D
                davidh
                last edited by

                A revised night shot.I brightened the sky and altered the snow colour so it is more in keeping with the sky colour.I also added additional foreground at the bottom as I think the original image was cropped too close to the building.


                snow FOOTPRINTS.jpg

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • leedeeteeL
                  leedeetee
                  last edited by

                  Absolutely beautiful. πŸ‘

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • marked001M
                    marked001
                    last edited by

                    these are really really beautiful.. love the versions with the water and the reflections. would love to see how many different bits and pieces these are made up of.. matte paintings always intrigue me.

                    http://www.revision21vis.com

                    instagram: revi21on

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • T
                      turbobrad
                      last edited by

                      Beautiful, beautiful stuff. Your work is incredible. Although I'm a huge fan of snow and winterscapes I've never tried a scene with snow in it. I'm not sure if that's fear or a lack of skill. πŸ˜„

                      BradE
                      Dean3Design

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • leedeeteeL
                        leedeetee
                        last edited by

                        Just looking at "Icy Pond" - I would definitely have that on my wall. πŸ‘

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • C
                          cadmunkey
                          last edited by

                          David, these are easily the best renders I have seen in all the time I have been a member of these forums. Your style and composition of your images are top notch. Just superb!

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • D
                            davidh
                            last edited by

                            Thanks a lot for all the positive feedback,Its always good to get.
                            Here Ive attached a snow storm version of this house.The colours are particularly muted and a slight blue cast added to the overall image.The falling snow was created using this technique :
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWuGCA84XQk


                            snow storm.jpg

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • marked001M
                              marked001
                              last edited by

                              very nice again.. i've used that snow technique as well.. really simple and effective.

                              http://www.revision21vis.com

                              instagram: revi21on

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • S
                                ScottPara
                                last edited by

                                Fantastic Work!!

                                Scott

                                Love the fact that some HATE my avatar.....

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • FletchF
                                  Fletch
                                  last edited by

                                  First class work, David!

                                  Fletch
                                  3D Modeling addict. Former owner/developer of Twilight Render. sleepinggiantvisual.com

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • D
                                    davidh
                                    last edited by

                                    Ive overlayed some lights on the last image and just played around with the colours.Its a bit murky but i like the effect of the snow blowing in the lights.


                                    overcast snow LIGHTS 01.jpg

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • L
                                      leminilab
                                      last edited by

                                      Alright, I remained silent so far but this is it: I'm very impressed by your very inspiring work (I have a Davidh folder in my inspiration folder...). πŸ‘

                                      I think I'm not only speaking for myself when I say a hint at your post-pro techniques would be very much apreciated! 😎

                                      Thanks a lot and just keep them coming!
                                      Nicolas

                                      • "Live every day as if it were your last and then some day you'll be right."
                                      • "ThomThom rules!!!"
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • Rich O BrienR
                                        Rich O Brien Moderator
                                        last edited by

                                        The next CatchUp has a step by step for those already familiar image editors like photoshop. It's pretty incredible. πŸ˜‰

                                        Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • L
                                          leminilab
                                          last edited by

                                          πŸŽ‰

                                          • "Live every day as if it were your last and then some day you'll be right."
                                          • "ThomThom rules!!!"
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • R
                                            Roger
                                            last edited by

                                            @davidh said:

                                            A revised night shot.I brightened the sky and altered the snow colour so it is more in keeping with the sky colour.I also added additional foreground at the bottom as I think the original image was cropped too close to the building.

                                            I looked at the first night render and thought "David needs some footprints in the snow." Of course you had already done it. Nice.

                                            http://www.azcreative.com

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 2 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement